MCAT Prep Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Led Zep

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm set on taking the MCAT in Mid July, I score well on both the verbal reasoning section (9-11) and Biological Sciences section (10-11) But I haven't started studying for the PS section yet. Am I screwed? It's been 2 years since I've taken Gen chem and I didn't do that well the first time around, that's why I'm retaking Gen Chem my senior year for a better grade to boost my GPA. It's been a year since I took Physics which wasn't a bad class at all but I don't recall much of it at this point so basically I'm looking at learning gen Chem and Physics in about a month. Ideas anyone? I've got the Kaplan MCAT prep book and I was going to start there.

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm set on taking the MCAT in Mid July, I score well on both the verbal reasoning section (9-11) and Biological Sciences section (10-11) But I haven't started studying for the PS section yet. Am I screwed? It's been 2 years since I've taken Gen chem and I didn't do that well the first time around, that's why I'm retaking Gen Chem my senior year for a better grade to boost my GPA. It's been a year since I took Physics which wasn't a bad class at all but I don't recall much of it at this point so basically I'm looking at learning gen Chem and Physics in about a month. Ideas anyone? I've got the Kaplan MCAT prep book and I was going to start there.

get the examkracker books. I used both the Kaplan and the examkracker and the examkracker books helped me the most. They tell you what you really need to know. Also take lots of practice exams, on the real one there are similar questions.

I would have recommended the TBR books but they take forever to ship and by the time you get them I don't know if you'll have time to go through them.

You should get cracking, I found PS to be the easiest to raise as it was my lowest section starting out. If you can get materials ASAP you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)

start studying it asap, even if its just a little bit each day right now, at least start to memorize physics equations and orgo reagents etc.

The Medical College Admission Test, commonly known as the MCAT, is a computer based standardized examination for prospective medical students in the United States and Canada. It is designed to assess problem solving, written analysis, and writing skills in addition to knowledge of scientific concepts and principles.

WOW! really!! i'm sure that helped the OP

but yeah OP go nuts on PS the next few weeks. get through the content quick and start practicing. You still have a quality month left to improve your situation. PS is easy on the MCAT if you know the stuff. Once you get through everything and practice for a bit....i don't see why you can't get in the 9 - 11 range like your other scores.

gl

Just don't focus too much on PS that you mess up ur BS and VR scores. Focus alot on BS but still spend maybe one day a week reviewing the other two.

Kaplan taught me especially near the end on the study period for focus less on weaknesses and enforce your strengths so u can at least guarantee those points.

You still have time so focus alot on your weekness so u can try to get an average score in that section (8??) but don't other your strengths because that's where u can shine.

Good luck!!