This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The volunteers at SDN have decided that it was time to create ‘Study Buddy’ mega-threads for those interested in linking up with other people in preparation of exams, such as the DAT, MCAT, and PCAT. In the past, most of these threads were moved to the Classified section or were left behind cluttering up their respective forums. So, in creating a new mega-thread for the MCAT forum, we hope that it will help those interested in trying to find a studying partner through SDN.

Before making a post, here are a few things to consider:
<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online?
<>When will you be taking the MCAT?
<>What prep materials are you using?
<>Study goals?

This portion was adapted from @MCATKINGS Study Buddy thread, and if you wish to look at past examples, this thread can be found HERE

***Notice***
SDN forum rules and policies are still in effect for this mega-thread. Therefore, things like advertisements, selling of MCAT test prep materials, and open discussion of specific questions from the MCAT are not allowed. Please report any incidents of this for the moderating team to handle if it is left unchecked.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Location Coppell/Dallas TX
<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online, (In-person at a later date)
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? january
<>What prep materials are you using? TBR (Content Review); UWorld (QBank); AAMC Practice Exams; various free short-length and full-tests for content comprehension only
<>Study goals? Content Review
<> MCAT goal: 518+

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there... looking for a study buddy or accountability partner in the Houston TX area... Richmond-sugarland-katy radius if possible. Reply or PM me if interested in formating a plan.
I have TBR and Kaplan and looking to test Jan 2020. Thanks

Hello, I am looking for a study buddy for the MCAT . Planning to take it 2020. Using kaplan, Khan academy,AAMC . I am in south Florida area, West Palm beach FL, Broward county FL....INTERESTED??? REPLY. THANKS
Hi! I am in Pompano Beach in need of a study buddy and can drive all the way or even half way. I am using the same resources to study!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Either or works. I'm in south Florida, West Palm Beach.
When will you be taking the MCAT? A year from now. I'm doing a lot of preemptive studying
What prep materials are you using? Kaplan 7 book series, kaplan advanced, and princeton
Study goals? 520+ is my goal
Need either a study buddy or accountability partner, or perhaps maybe we can keep each other motivated :)
Dm me!

Phoenix AZ area
Taking the MCAT Jan 18th (goal)
I have the Kaplan live series
510+ is my goal

Reactions: 2 users
Hey I'm super interested in finding a reliable study partner because I've tried with fb and I don't think people are all the way committed.
Date:March 14th
Material: TPR but my library also has Kaplan, Khan academy videos. I'm in my second month of reviewing totally and I would love someone to go over problems with and discuss concepts.
Study Goal: 510+

Hello!
-Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online, texting is generally easiest for me
-When will you be taking the MCAT? January 2020
-What prep materials are you using? Kaplan books/course, plus a mix of other free practice exams/resources I've found
-Study goals? Content review, practice exams; need help with accountability/talking things out with someone sometimes
-MCAT goal: 510

Hello!
-Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online, texting is generally easiest for me
-When will you be taking the MCAT? January 2020
-What prep materials are you using? Kaplan books/course, plus a mix of other free practice exams/resources I've found
-Study goals? Content review, practice exams; need help with accountability/talking things out with someone sometimes
-MCAT goal: 510
Location? For time zone purposes

Members don't see this ad :)
have you taken all pre-medical courses or still working on completing them? I need to complete the prerequisites but preparing for MCAT. Any suggestions on completing pre-meds?

I'm a nontrad, but I did complete prereqs years ago. I recently started self studying using books from TPR for B/B, Kaplan for C/P, EK/TPR for CARS, and the 300pg KA doc for P/S. I'm planning on taking the actual exam in January. Going to start using uworld next month; also abusing anki flash cards atm, and will use AAMC material at some point

doing prereqs would help with preparing for the mcat if you take those classes seriously

thank you, I am struggling to understand where to take those courses, planning to complete in a yr (Maths, Physics, and Chemistry credentials have expired). Do you know any being offered in UT Austin as Non-Degree seeking or in extension school or do you know Austin CC would also be good? pre-med post bacc programs do not seem to be available

I know UT extension has biochemistry, but that's all I know of. Most premed postbac/smp are outside of the state, although the closest ones I've found that are still in Texas are UNT and TexasTech. You might have some luck with calling UT's admissions office in attending as a non-degree student. I don't think taking prereqs at a CC is a good idea since most adcoms (as far as I know) frown upon that.

<>Do you want to interact in person or online? preferably online because I have a pretty busy work scheduale
<>When will you be taking MCAT? January or March test dates.
<>What prep Materials are you using? Magoosh, Khan Academy, NextStep, AAMC practice Exams
<>Study goal? Exam strategy and content learning
<>MCAT goal: 512

Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan, khanacademy
<>Study goals?
Content review

<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online, (In-person at a later date)
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? Early Summer/Late Spring 2020
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan (Content Review); UWorld (QBank); AAMC Practice Exams
<> MCAT goal: 510+
Did you guys start studying yet! I’d love to join!

1. Preferred Method of Meetup:
I prefer in person but will do Skype/Facetime

2. Prospective MCAT Date: I plan to take MCAT April 24, 2020

3. Materials: MCATBROS for my schedule, Khan Academy, Kaplan, UWorld,
Leah4Science

4. Study Goals: Content Review/Learning

5.MCAT Goals: 510+

Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan, khanacademy
<>Study goals?
Content review

Study Preference: In-Person or Skype/Facetime weekday(preferably during the day, I’m amenable)

Materials: MCAT BROS Schedule, Khan Academy, Princeton Review Big Book, Kaplan Course Access, and UWorld.

Prospective Date: April 24, 2020

Study Goals: Review (test each other), present troublesome material to each other

Goal Score: 510+

Study Preference: In-Person or Skype/Facetime weekday(preferably during the day, I’m amenable)

Materials: MCAT BROS Schedule, Khan Academy, Princeton Review Big Book, Kaplan Course Access, and UWorld.

Study Goals: Review (test each other), present troublesome material to each other

LOOKING FOR SERIOUS STUDY BUDDY IN DC, MD, or Northern V.A.

Hey all! I'm Savanna from West Virginia.

<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Im fine with both or either or.

April 4th, 2019
I'm currently taking the Princeton Prep Course but also have Kaplan and AAMC materials.
<>Study goals? I think a study buddy would help with procrastination, and work to strengthen weak areas.

<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online only. Pacific Standard Time

Jan 24
NS; Uworld; Khan
<>Study goals? I'm renewing my score so I can apply to med school, original was 522 so shooting for something at that level or higher.

I need some accountability - I'm thinking arranged times where we either do practice passages together or at least study at the same time/quiz each other.

• Location (City, State, Country): Dallas, TX (home is Grapevine but any place along Hwy 114)
  • Test Date (or Anticipated): 7/2020
  • MCAT Prep Material: TBR, Khan, Leah4science, will get AAMC materials at some point
  • Online/In-Person/Both/No-Preference: No preference
  • Stage of studying/study plan: starting content review next week
  • Goal of a Study Buddy: main goal is accountability partner but would also be interested in meeting once/week either in person or via FaceTime/Skype for review
  • Goal Score and Realistic Score: 510
  • Other obligations: full-time work M-Thurs, off on Fridays
  • Nontraditional student; currently a practicing physician assistant

Hello all

I would prefer to meet in person though I'm open to study online. I'm around Peoria, Arizona and willing to travel up to 45 min to meet someone.

I'm taking the MCAT June 23rd, 2020.

I'm using the Princeton Review study books.

I'm looking to have a partner to study with, aiming to get around a 510.

Hey everyone, below is just some quick info about me and just let me know if you want to study in the near future!
  • Test Date (or Anticipated): 4/20
  • MCAT Prep Material: NextStep
  • Online/In-Person/Both/No-Preference: No preference
  • Stage of studying/study plan: I’m just starting content review and CARS practice
  • Goal of a Study Buddy: to be able to work together to review, learn from each other methods to memorize content, and strategies to tackle the MCAT
  • Goal Score: 517
  • Other obligations: My work schedules are constantly changing so meet up dates would change but I want to meet up 1x per week
  • I am retaking the MCAT, so I have knowledge on some content already

Hello, I am looking for a study buddy for the MCAT . Planning to take it 2020. Using kaplan, Khan academy,AAMC . I am in south Florida area, West Palm beach FL, Broward county FL....INTERESTED??? REPLY. THANKS
Hi! Are you still interested. I am using same materials and taking it in March.

I posted earlier about an in-person study buddy (for meeting in San Diego, Ca). With no bites, I thought I'd try looking for an online study buddy. Non traditional preferred (I am 32 yo)

Atypical applicant here.
From Orlando, FL.
PharmD looking to get MD (UCF Med)
Trying to figure out best prep material
Looking for study buddy to get on track

Located in Boston/Cambridge area
<>
Do you want to interact in-person? Or online?
in-person preferred, online secondary
August 2020
Kaplan, Magoosh, Khan Academy, uworld
<>Study goals?
Need somebody to whip me into shape, I would like to get 515+

Location: Toronto, Ontario, CANADA ( specifically: North York/ Scarborough area)
Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online, (In-person if in area);
When will you be taking the MCAT? 27 Jun 2020
What prep materials are you using? TBR; Next Step, AAMC Practice Exams
Study goals? Currently; getting through TBR content
Would like a study partner to hold me accountable, quiz each other and share tips

Atypical applicant here.
From Orlando, FL.

Hi there, I am starting to use The Berkeley Review material which tests you throughout, and gives you tips along the way on how to quickly solve problems, which I find very helpful. If you end up picking up TBR material for the science section, let me know as we may be able to study together. I am writing end of June.

Hi! I am looking for a study buddy in my region, I just work better studying with another person. If anyone is near Troy, Montgomery, or Dothan Alabama I'd love to try to meet up!
  • Troy, AL

• May 21, 2020

• The Princeton Review books and Khan Academy

• In-person would be preferable but online could also work
Optional but recommended:

• Second week of studying

• Goal Score: 508+

• Other obligations: Full class load and research with a professor

<>Do you want to interact in-person? online preferred and/or texting with random pop quiz questions is great too
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? April 25
<>What prep materials are you using? AAMC Practice Exams and NextStep
<> MCAT goal: 510+

feel from to DM too

Atypical applicant here.
From Orlando, FL.

Hey man, lets Skype sometime.. I will DM my username!

Hi there, I am starting to use The Berkeley Review material which tests you throughout, and gives you tips along the way on how to quickly solve problems, which I find very helpful. If you end up picking up TBR material for the science section, let me know as we may be able to study together. I am writing end of June.

I actually ended up going with the Kaplan books based off a recommendation from a friend. I'm thinking about taking it late this summer too!

Anyone living in the Sf/Bay Area and taking the MCAT in 2020 interested in forming an MCAT study group? I work at UCSF and can meet up anywhere in the city really, or elsewhere in the Bay Area.

Live in Alb NM, if anyone is willing to chat via zoom or just message each other regarding anything MCAT related I would be up for it. I find even talking to someone else about the MCAT would motivate me to study harder. I'm currently going through content review but if you'd like to go over questions I'm willing to do that as well.

MCAT scheduled for 7/31
Goal is a 510.

EDIT- Or even an accountability buddy, someone to just simply explain to what I studied that day and what I did to help cement material and keep me accountable. Let me know!

Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online. (Eastern time)
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? My goal is August 7 (might postpone if have to)
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan book set
<>Study goals? 510+

Hi, I will be taking the exam for the first time and looking for a study partner (online) to study, stay on track, and share information regarding the MCAT.

Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Any thing is fine
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? My goal is August
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan book set
<>Study goals? 515+

Any Austin based MCAT study groups or online

I have started preparing and want review content by summer

In Chapel Hill NC looking for a study partner or study group for MCAT Planning on taking it in late March early April 2021

Currently in content review stages, but willing to do passages and questions also

510+
Willing to do online meet up (Zoom, google hangouts, skype)