This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The volunteers at SDN have decided that it was time to create ‘Study Buddy’ mega-threads for those interested in linking up with other people in preparation of exams, such as the DAT, MCAT, and PCAT. In the past, most of these threads were moved to the Classified section or were left behind cluttering up their respective forums. So, in creating a new mega-thread for the MCAT forum, we hope that it will help those interested in trying to find a studying partner through SDN.

Before making a post, here are a few things to consider:
<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online?
<>When will you be taking the MCAT?
<>What prep materials are you using?
<>Study goals?

This portion was adapted from @MCATKINGS Study Buddy thread, and if you wish to look at past examples, this thread can be found HERE

***Notice***
SDN forum rules and policies are still in effect for this mega-thread. Therefore, things like advertisements, selling of MCAT test prep materials, and open discussion of specific questions from the MCAT are not allowed. Please report any incidents of this for the moderating team to handle if it is left unchecked.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Do you want to interact in-person? Or online?
    In-person or online is fine with me - I’m located in Miami, Florida.
  • When will you be taking the MCAT?
    My goal is May 2021
  • What prep materials are you using?
    so far just Magoosh, Khan academy videos for content, and any free practice exams/diagnostic tests I can find
  • Study goals?
    515+

Prefers online. I am currently living in Singapore.
    Early 2021
    I am a retaker. Have used Kaplan online, UWorld and AAMC materials.
  • Study goals?
  • Others
    I am personally very weak in CARS. Stronger in P/C. Because of work, I am able to commit 3 days a week for up to 6-8 hours per day. Will be doing content review using khan videos and flashcards.

<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Either
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? March or April 2021
<>What prep materials are you using? Nymeria's 100-day plan (TBR, Kaplan Biochem, NextStep P/S, UWorld)
<>Study goals? 515+

I'm out in Colorado! Would love to Zoom and talk through studying, or if anyone uses/ would be interested in using Forest let me know. (Forest is a gamified study app that prevents you from using your phone during study periods, and there's a partner option where you're both on the app, and if either of you breaks and uses your phone, you *both* lose. So some helpful accountability there).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone,

I live in California and looking for a (virtual)study partner. Currently done with content review(mainly used Kaplan and supplemented with Uworld or other books if I needed them) , trying to go through UWorld and do FL's right now. My test date is March 13th ,2021. We can meet up over zoom, Facetime, Google Hangouts,... Looking for a study partner for moral support and to hold each other accountable and also we can help each other in any questions from aamc, Uworld, FL's.
My goal is 510-515

Let me know if you are interested!

<>What prep materials are you using? Nymeria's 100-day plan (TBR, Kaplan Biochem, NextStep P/S, UWorld)
<>Study goals? 515+

I'm out in Colorado! Would love to Zoom and talk through studying, or if anyone uses/ would be interested in using Forest let me know. (Forest is a gamified study app that prevents you from using your phone during study periods, and there's a partner option where you're both on the app, and if either of you breaks and uses your phone, you *both* lose. So some helpful accountability there).
Hi! I'm interested! :) I'm from Stamford, CT
I am starting to study this year for Fall 2022 admissions
Would love to do zoom

Hi Everyone,

I live in California and looking for a (virtual)study partner. Currently done with content review(mainly used Kaplan and supplemented with Uworld or other books if I needed them) , trying to go through UWorld and do FL's right now. My test date is March 13th ,2021. We can meet up over zoom, Facetime, Google Hangouts,... Looking for a study partner for moral support and to hold each other accountable and also we can help each other in any questions from aamc, Uworld, FL's.
My goal is 510-515

Let me know if you are interested!
Hey I am taking the exam later (in Sept) but would be happy to have a moral support group with you over zoom. I'm from CT :))

<>Study goals? 515+

I would love to do online!
I will be taking mine in May!
Using Kaplan, AAMC question pack and section bank!!
- 515+
My email is [email protected]

Prefer online (Google Hangouts or Discord)
    May 20, 2021
    Primarily using the Kaplan Books, KA PS Doc, UWorld and Official AAMC materials.
  • Study goals?
  • Planning to study anywhere from 8-12 hours per day. Aiming for a 515+, though a 520 would be most ideal.
  • Others: Recent College Graduate from FL needing some help with MCAT prep. Using the Kaplan books to study. I am pretty solid at General Chem and Physics (was a Math Major and Biochem Minor), but need help going over Biological and Behavioral Sciences. Any help would greatly be appreciated! Planning to slay the dragon on May 20th. Would be down to use Google Hangouts or Discord.

<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online or In-person is fine
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? Spring 2022
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan, AAMC Q bank, pds, Khan Academy
<>Study goals? I am looking for a MCAT - Accountability Study Buddy, I will pay you to check up in how I am studying on a weekly basis, to reinforce and hold me accountable for me to study. I work full time 50 hours a week, am on the older side 27, and just need someone to hold me accountable and motivated. I will pay you $50 a week to check in with how I am doing.

Thanks you

Hi!!
Looking for a study buddy! I as well need accountability and overall do better learning with active recall. I am in Little Rock, Arkansas. I would prefer in person if possible, its a lot easier to interact but if not, online is fine!! I need someone to keep me motivated. My routine right now is horrible.I recently quit my job to study full time but its hard studying alone when you can't converse with anyone.

Ill be taking my MCAT in July!

Here is my email if anyone is interested being my buddy :)

[email protected]

I have the Kaplan books. I use the Khan academy website as well and the Jack Westin website link for practice questions.

Hi I’m looking for an mcat study buddy. I’m testing for mcat in September. I’m currently using Kaplan books , tpr, an Kaplan videos. I’m in the Midwest. Let me know if you’re serious about reviewing content.

Members don't see this ad :)
<>Study goals? I am looking for a MCAT - Accountability Study Buddy, I will pay you to check up in how I am studying on a weekly basis, to reinforce and hold me accountable for me to study. I work full time 50 hours a week, am on the older side 27, and just need someone to hold me accountable and motivated. I will pay you $50 a week to check in with how I am doing.

Thanks you
Hi! I would love to be study buddies please lmk how to contact you!

Hi I’m looking for an mcat study buddy. I’m testing for mcat in September. I’m currently using Kaplan books , tpr, an Kaplan videos. I’m in the Midwest. Let me know if you’re serious about reviewing content.
HI! I as well am looking for a study buddy!! Let me know if youre still interested. : )

Hi! I’m Diane! I’m looking for a study partner for the MCAT as well. My practice test are closer to the 508 range, but I’m looking to jump that hurdle. I need someone to challenge me in my conceptualization (and vice versa) and preferably someone who is comfortable with physics/chemistry.

Email: [email protected]

Hey, I am taking my MCAT at the end of august and would like a study buddy. I like in Houston, TX. I have both princeton and kaplan books. I am currently doing content review and would love to study with you if you would like.

Hi,
I just started preparing for the MCAT. I am looking for a study buddy to stay consistent and focus during the content review part. I am not rushing and want to get the most of this exam. I have AAMC practice tests and can meet online ( ZOOM) to study. My time zone is EST.
email me if you are interested: [email protected]

Hello!

- Looking for a study buddy. In the PST time zone.
- Target score 510+
- Planning for Jan. 2022 test date
- Kaplan
- email: [email protected]
- can do zoom or online only

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Need an “acountabilibuddy”

-Test Date (anticipated): Initially September 11, will push back to January, 2022

-MCAT Prep Material: UWorld, AAMC, Blueprint, MileDown study notes

-Means of meeting: either in-person/online meet (prefer in-person)

-Stage of studying: Finding & filling in content gaps (UWorld pract. Qs + practice tests), working on test endurance

-Goal of Study Buddy: Accountability. Routine. Review topics together. (Key) Move each other forward at good pace/don’t get stuck!! (Its hard doing this alone and I’ve been stubbornly refusing to accept that for a while)

-Goal Score/Realistic Score: Goal – 520, Realistic – 515

-Other obligations: currently just volunteering

-Age/Gender: 27M

-Other info./Ice Breakers: BS in Biochemistry, MS in Physiology, yet I had NO CLUE how to study in general until I watched YouTube videos on the topic halfway into my Masters!

PM/reply if interested

Need an accountability buddy too.
Planning to take the test in January. Have a lot of commitments too (school, work and research) which is why I need someone to study with where we could check in on each other and progress. Have Kaplan books, Uglobe and AAMC material. Also prefer zoom meetings :) Email me if interested!
[email protected]

Hi! I'm planning to take the MCAT on Jan. 2022, and I am in need of an accountability/study buddy. I live in the Bay Area (California), and my time is very flexible. It would be nice to meet in person (coffee shop or library), but online is also good as well. I have been doing a little bit of studying by making my own Anki flaschards, using Kaplan books, and AAMC material. We could make a schedule together and keep each other committed to it. Please message me to let me know if you are interested! Thanks!

Hey everyone, Im taking my MCAT in January, wondering if anyone is interested to study in person or even on zoom. We can set up a schedule and work together through questions and strategies. I live in Dallas, TX so if anyones interested to study together which I honestly prefer,, hmu

Hi all, I am looking for a study buddy for MCAT.

Do you want to interact in-person? Or online?
Online mainly, but also in person occasionally if you live in Singapore.

When will you be taking the MCAT?
Not too soon, I intend to study long but consistently for at least 2 years.

What prep materials are you using?
For now I only have access to Kaplan, will get more materials along the way.

Study goals?

Others
I am still in the process of studying, haven't done any test papers. I started with the memory-based subjects first, finished biology, biochemistry, organic chemistry, psychology and sociology; gradually moving towards the more concept-based subjects (now at general chemistry).

As mentioned above, I intend to have a long and consistent study. I wish to maximize this long duration to work especially on memory-based subjects. Hopefully, I can have a study buddy who can exchange random memory-based questions everyday. The idea is that if we give each other one question per day (total of two questions), that's more than 700 questions per year.

I am a working adult but will have enough time to be consistently setting one question per day and answering one question per day.

If you are keen, please email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

Preferably in-person but online works too. I am located in NYC.

March 25, 2022.

I will be using UWorld, Next Step (Q Bank and 10 exams), and official AAMC prep. I am using the Princeton Review for content review.

Study goals?
521++++ baby. lol.

I am graduate student at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. I studied chemistry in undergrad and was a learning assistant for gen chem I and II and OChem I for 2.5 yrs at UT Austin. I am mostly looking for accountability and people willing to meet up on the weekends for long study sessions or mock exams.

Hi,

Preferably in-person but online works too. I am located in NYC.

March 25, 2022.

I will be using UWorld, Next Step (Q Bank and 10 exams), and official AAMC prep. I am using the Princeton Review for content review.

Study goals?
521++++ baby. lol.

I am graduate student at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. I studied chemistry in undergrad and was a learning assistant for gen chem I and II and OChem I for 2.5 yrs at UT Austin. I am mostly looking for accountability and people willing to meet up on the weekends for long study sessions or mock exams.
Hi!
I’m also taking the MCAT in the Spring of ‘22 (04/08). So far I’ve been using Khan Academy, AAMC resources, and Kaplan. I’m normally pretty self motivated, but since I’ve started working full-time it’s hard 😅. However I’m totally open to being virtual accountability partners. If you’re also open feel free to PM me!

Prefers online. I am currently living in Singapore.
    Early 2021
    I am a retaker. Have used Kaplan online, UWorld and AAMC materials.
  • Study goals?
  • Others
    I am personally very weak in CARS. Stronger in P/C. Because of work, I am able to commit 3 days a week for up to 6-8 hours per day. Will be doing content review using khan videos and flashcards.
Hi there, are you still doing MCAT studyying/prep? I am too, shall we connect and be study/accountability partners? :) PM Me!

Thanks you
Hi there, this sounds interesting. I'm also taking my MCAT abt 1 month or so after you, LET'S GO BABY! PM Me! :)

The volunteers at SDN have decided that it was time to create ‘Study Buddy’ mega-threads for those interested in linking up with other people in preparation of exams, such as the DAT, MCAT, and PCAT. In the past, most of these threads were moved to the Classified section or were left behind cluttering up their respective forums. So, in creating a new mega-thread for the MCAT forum, we hope that it will help those interested in trying to find a studying partner through SDN.

Before making a post, here are a few things to consider:
<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online?
<>When will you be taking the MCAT?
<>What prep materials are you using?
<>Study goals?

This portion was adapted from @MCATKINGS Study Buddy thread, and if you wish to look at past examples, this thread can be found HERE

***Notice***
SDN forum rules and policies are still in effect for this mega-thread. Therefore, things like advertisements, selling of MCAT test prep materials, and open discussion of specific questions from the MCAT are not allowed. Please report any incidents of this for the moderating team to handle if it is left unchecked.
<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? In-person would be best, I live in Singapore (SG), GMT +8. But if youre a motivated buddy, time diff/online is fine too!
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? July-Sept 2022.
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan, KA, JW, AAMC.
<>Study goals? As high as I can go man! Shoot for the moon, land amongst the stars :)

Hi all, I'm a retaker in Southeast Florida looking for an accountability partner. I would prefer to communicate online mainly through DM/text/email but am open to eventually meeting in person closer to my test date (sometime in January). Hoping to aim for 520+. DM me!

<>
Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Both time permitting
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? December/ January 2022/2023
<>What prep materials are you using? Various Examcrackers, Kaplan, sterling test prep, etc.
<>Study goals? I wan to get over a 99th percentile range. I am looking for a boot camp style study partner who will be serious. I work a lot and I have a little time to squeeze in.

This is why SDN is so awesome!!!

While I am not studying for this exam, I try to check the SDN Q & A forum and answer whatever questions I can. It's a great study resource that people used a lot years ago. It's a hidden gem.

Non-traditional /returning student located in central Virginia. Looking for an online, perhaps sometimes in-person, study /accountability buddy. Using Kaplan, Anki, UWorld. Working full-time plus -- anticipating testing in early 2023.

I prefer online. I live near Chicago so may be able to meet in-person.

I am planning to take the MCAT early 2023 (Jan/Feb)

I am a non-trad and repeat test taker. I took the MCAT several years ago and used AAMC FL, Exam Krackers, BR and Kaplan. Looks like there are several more resources now. I plan to use AAMC FL and other exam prep materials (like Anki and/or UWorld)

Study goals?
I work full-time and have a flexible schedule, so I can do Zoom/MS Teams virtual study session meet-ups to share study tips, get help/provide help in content review, moral support (we can do it!), etc.

If you have a study group and would be willing to add one more, please reply or send me a message directly. If you are interested in joining me in getting an online study group going, please reply or send me a message directly.

Thank you and best of luck in your MCAT prep.

Besides connecting people with potential study partners, this thread is helpful in demonstrating what materials are out there. There are several different study plans, and several different approaches, and what is trendy has changed year-to-year.

No matter what is trendy, you need to find the plan that fits your study style and the materials that match your learning style. The only absolute truth is that you need to spend quality time doing AAMC materials, ideally twice if you have the time.

Listed below are the study material collections of the people who posted in this thread about their plans for exams in 2020, 2021, and 2022. Tons of options out there. If money is an issue, you really should look at SDN classifieds. It's the most honest place to get materials on the web.

* UWorld, AAMC, Blueprint, MileDown study notes
* Anki flaschards, using Kaplan books, and AAMC material
* Kaplan
* UWorld, Next Step (Q Bank and exams),official AAMC prep. the Princeton Review
* Khan Academy, AAMC resources, and Kaplan
* Kaplan, KA, JW, AAMC
* Examcrackers, Kaplan, sterling test prep
* Kaplan, Anki, UWorld
* AAMC FL and other exam prep materials (like Anki and/or UWorld

* Magoosh, Khan academy videos
* Kaplan online, UWorld and AAMC materials
* TBR, Kaplan Biochem, NextStep P/S, UWorld
* Kaplan and supplemented with Uworld
* Kaplan, AAMC question pack and section bank
* Kaplan Books, KA PS Doc, UWorld and Official AAMC materials
* Kaplan, AAMC Q bank, pds, Khan Academy
* Kaplan books. I use the Khan academy website as well and the Jack Westin website
* Kaplan books , tpr, an Kaplan videos
* Kaplan books / AAMC Complete Bundle / Anki, and might be getting UWorld
* AAMC practice tests
* Kaplan

* Examkrackers, mcat podcast and AAMC practice test
* Kaplan (Content Review); UWorld (QBank); AAMC Practice Exams
* TBR (Content Review); UWorld (QBank); AAMC Practice Exams
* TBR and Kaplan
* Kaplan 7 book series, kaplan advanced, and princeton
* Kaplan live series
* TPR but my library also has Kaplan, Khan academy videos
* Kaplan books/course, plus a mix of other free practice exams/resources
* TPR for B/B, Kaplan for C/P, EK/TPR for CARS, and the 300pg KA doc for P/S
* Magoosh, Khan Academy, NextStep, AAMC practice Exams
* Kaplan, khanacademy
* Khan Academy, Princeton Review Big Book, Kaplan Course Access, and UWorld
* Princeton Prep Course but also have Kaplan and AAMC materials
* NS; Uworld; Khan
* TBR, Khan, Leah4science, will get AAMC materials
* Princeton Review study books
* NextStep
* TBR; Next Step, AAMC Practice Exams
* The Princeton Review books and Khan Academy
* AAMC Practice Exams and NextStep
* Kaplan books
* Kaplan book set

Reactions: 1 users
Besides connecting people with potential study partners, this thread is helpful in demonstrating what materials are out there. There are several different study plans, and several different approaches, and what is trendy has changed year-to-year.

No matter what is trendy, you need to find the plan that fits your study style and the materials that match your learning style. The only absolute truth is that you need to spend quality time doing AAMC materials, ideally twice if you have the time.

Listed below are the study material collections of the people who posted in this thread about their plans for exams in 2020, 2021, and 2022. Tons of options out there. If money is an issue, you really should look at SDN classifieds. It's the most honest place to get materials on the web.

* UWorld, AAMC, Blueprint, MileDown study notes
* Anki flaschards, using Kaplan books, and AAMC material
* Kaplan
* UWorld, Next Step (Q Bank and exams),official AAMC prep. the Princeton Review
* Khan Academy, AAMC resources, and Kaplan
* Kaplan, KA, JW, AAMC
* Examcrackers, Kaplan, sterling test prep
* Kaplan, Anki, UWorld
* AAMC FL and other exam prep materials (like Anki and/or UWorld

* Magoosh, Khan academy videos
* Kaplan online, UWorld and AAMC materials
* TBR, Kaplan Biochem, NextStep P/S, UWorld
* Kaplan and supplemented with Uworld
* Kaplan, AAMC question pack and section bank
* Kaplan Books, KA PS Doc, UWorld and Official AAMC materials
* Kaplan, AAMC Q bank, pds, Khan Academy
* Kaplan books. I use the Khan academy website as well and the Jack Westin website
* Kaplan books , tpr, an Kaplan videos
* Kaplan books / AAMC Complete Bundle / Anki, and might be getting UWorld
* AAMC practice tests
* Kaplan

* Examkrackers, mcat podcast and AAMC practice test
* Kaplan (Content Review); UWorld (QBank); AAMC Practice Exams
* TBR (Content Review); UWorld (QBank); AAMC Practice Exams
* TBR and Kaplan
* Kaplan 7 book series, kaplan advanced, and princeton
* Kaplan live series
* TPR but my library also has Kaplan, Khan academy videos
* Kaplan books/course, plus a mix of other free practice exams/resources
* TPR for B/B, Kaplan for C/P, EK/TPR for CARS, and the 300pg KA doc for P/S
* Magoosh, Khan Academy, NextStep, AAMC practice Exams
* Kaplan, khanacademy
* Khan Academy, Princeton Review Big Book, Kaplan Course Access, and UWorld
* Princeton Prep Course but also have Kaplan and AAMC materials
* NS; Uworld; Khan
* TBR, Khan, Leah4science, will get AAMC materials
* Princeton Review study books
* NextStep
* TBR; Next Step, AAMC Practice Exams
* The Princeton Review books and Khan Academy
* AAMC Practice Exams and NextStep
* Kaplan books
* Kaplan book set

Wow, this is amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I had forgotten about Khan Academy.

Wow, this is amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I had forgotten about Khan Academy.
I'm glad it helped. You mentioning that there is new stuff since the previous time you studied, which was inspiration into looking at what people have been using recently. As good as the 100-Day plan has been, it is based on 2015, when Nymeria studied. New things, good and bad, have been released since then.

Khan is excellent for filling in gaps you discover in your content knowledge. And it is still free. I was surprised that no one mentioned AK videos, but everything else people listed gets some love somewhere. Any materials designed for 2015 are valid for 2023, as the test hasn't changed and in all reality, most commercial materials have not changed much since that major change.

Good luck!

Hi friends,

Looking for a study buddy in Memphis, TN!

I hope this reaches the correct audience. I am looking for someone to study for the MCAT with. I really need accountability and someone to bounce ideas off of. Open to virtual study sessions and in-person sessions. If you are interested, reply to this and I will shoot you a personal message.

Last edited:
Hi friends,

I hope this reaches the correct audience. I am looking for someone to study for the MCAT with. I really need accountability and someone to bounce ideas off of. Open to virtual study sessions and in-person sessions. If you are interested, reply to this and I will shoot you a personal message.
I have moved your post to the MCAT Study Buddy mega thread.

Anyone testing 3/24? Reach out to study together and/or go o er AAMC full lengths! I'm in the MST time zone, but I'm happy to work with people from wherever.

Hey everyone, I'm aiming to take the exam this summer (August), I'm on EST. I'm currently following the 100 Day plan by SDN, and I am currently on day 2. I don't have all materials. I'm using a mix of Kaplan, Examkrackers, UWorld, and necessary epub files I find online to match the schedule.

Hey everyone, I'm aiming to take the exam this summer (August), I'm on EST. I'm currently following the 100 Day plan by SDN, and I am currently on day 2. I don't have all materials. I'm using a mix of Kaplan, Examkrackers, UWorld, and necessary epub files I find online to match the schedule.
Hi, I am looking to take MCAT in July. Also EST based out of Atlanta. I’m looking for someone to help me study for my exam! I currently just have Kaplan books.