MCAT Test Center **HELP**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j-med

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what's your experience with test center assignments?

i indicated that i want to take the test in Boston, but they assigned me to Brown University in Rhode Island?!?!?
It's gonna take me 2+ hours to get there, especially I dont have a car!!

I just emailed them and see if they can change it back to my indicated choices.. but yet to hear back from them.

ANy one had such experience? Any chance they could change it back do you think?

ARghhh! I'm veerrry anxious now...

Members don't see this ad.

hmm, i also applied for a test center in Boston, and i got assigned to the Back Bay Hilton. Last august I took the test at the Harvard law school.

Can they really assign you to a test center that far away?? I would call them if i were you and give them hell. good luck!!

j-med said:
what's your experience with test center assignments?

i indicated that i want to take the test in Boston, but they assigned me to Brown University in Rhode Island?!?!?
It's gonna take me 2+ hours to get there, especially I dont have a car!!

I just emailed them and see if they can change it back to my indicated choices.. but yet to hear back from them.

ANy one had such experience? Any chance they could change it back do you think?

ARghhh! I'm veerrry anxious now...

I am currently requesting a change.

If you email [email protected] or call the MCAT program office this is what they will tell you....

"Test center changes should be requested only if absolutely necessary
and can be made only if space permits. Once a test center is full, changes
for admission into that center cannot be granted.

You may request a test center change only after receiving your
Admission Ticket. To change your test center, send a written request, the unused Admission Ticket,(keep your ID card) and a check or money order for
$20.00 to the MCAT Program Office, P.O. Box 4056, Iowa City, IA 52243-4056. Include in your request the code, name, and city of the test center to
which you wish to be assigned. Your request must be received by the late
registration deadline. Test center changes are made on a first-come, first-served basis after all registration processing is complete. If we are able to change your test center, a new admission ticket will be mailed to you. If the change cannot be made, your original Admission Ticket and test center change fee will be returned."

You can also fax information to 319.337.1122, but be sure to include credit card information or they will bill you.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your detailed response!

I just mailed in a request too.. When I called them, they told me they're trying to open up another center in the Boston area. So hopefully we will get assigned back to somewhere closer!

makingmd, when did you mail in your response?
And would you post again and let us know when you hear back from them? and i'll let you guys know too.
thanks!

makingmd said:
I am currently requesting a change.

If you email [email protected] or call the MCAT program office this is what they will tell you....

"Test center changes should be requested only if absolutely necessary
and can be made only if space permits. Once a test center is full, changes
for admission into that center cannot be granted.

You may request a test center change only after receiving your
Admission Ticket. To change your test center, send a written request, the unused Admission Ticket,(keep your ID card) and a check or money order for
$20.00 to the MCAT Program Office, P.O. Box 4056, Iowa City, IA 52243-4056. Include in your request the code, name, and city of the test center to
which you wish to be assigned. Your request must be received by the late
registration deadline. Test center changes are made on a first-come, first-served basis after all registration processing is complete. If we are able to change your test center, a new admission ticket will be mailed to you. If the change cannot be made, your original Admission Ticket and test center change fee will be returned."

You can also fax information to 319.337.1122, but be sure to include credit card information or they will bill you.

Good luck.

btw, we will be getting our revised admissions ticket on April 12th.