MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lifeincali

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've been really sick to a point I lost my consciousness for about 10 secs. I don't even remember what happened that night. There's no way I can remember how I felt about MCAT. Good thing I guess.

So far I've been pretty good at preoccupying myself with schoolwork and meeting new people to not think about my MCAT so much. But now that we have only 2 weeks left, I secretly feel kind of excited by the possibility that I may get higher than my average. On the other hand, I'm absolutely terrified of the possibility that I may get lower than average...I am honestly really scared that the VR scale is going to be killer and I would have to end up rewriting it for the THIRD time. At this point I don't even care what my PS and BS are, I just want a good VR score!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't gotten one. Are we automatically supposed to get an email?
Oh! I forgot to share my MCAT day power playlist:

Kid Cudi-Mojo so dope
Kanye West- No Church in the wild and Mercy
Kendrick Lamar- Backseat Freestyle
The Helio Sequence-Back to this
Mutemath- Reset

I must say it feels goo to be able to bond with you guys over our fears and anxiety about this exam.

I've been really sick to a point I lost my consciousness for about 10 secs. I don't even remember what happened that night. There's no way I can remember how I felt about MCAT. Good thing I guess.

hi everyone! obligatory "longtime creeper but 1st time posting" disclaimer. holy crap the mcat feels like it was so long ago but i can't believe we still have like 10+ days to wait for our scores.

anyone else feeling like they can't really remember what happened? loll it may just be me but i think i subconsciously block it out.. going stir crazzyyyy as;fkjs; i know i should avoid sdn but no one else understandsssss!

btw did no one notice csdanim's post about he/she lost consciousness for 10 sec..? i'm sitting here like uhh that can't be normal... :poke:

Lol i just wanted to whine about my illness.... I felt like vomitting and suddenly got up and less blood flow to my brain... I was dehydrated.

No I would **** bricks if I got that email.

lol no....

Actually, I got a 32 on my exam a few months prior to Sept and I was retaking...I don't think it's score specific.
I am expecting a much higher score because the first time I was sick & sleep deprived thus retaking before the score didn't reflect my true abilities.

The only reason I was asking is that I am anticipating the "As You Wait for Your Score" email also the email about the experimental section, neither of which have come and I am just getting a bit flustered because I can't remember if I scored my test or not....

hi everyone! obligatory "longtime creeper but 1st time posting" disclaimer. holy crap the mcat feels like it was so long ago but i can't believe we still have like 10+ days to wait for our scores.

anyone else feeling like they can't really remember what happened? loll it may just be me but i think i subconsciously block it out.. going stir crazzyyyy as;fkjs; i know i should avoid sdn but no one else understandsssss!

btw did no one notice csdanim's post about he/she lost consciousness for 10 sec..? i'm sitting here like uhh that can't be normal... :poke:

Lol me too! I can't remember any of the questions off the top of my head. Well at least we are not haunted by the questions we think we got wrong.:)

Lol i just wanted to whine about my illness.... I felt like vomitting and suddenly got up and less blood flow to my brain... I was dehydrated.

What do you have that's this serious...?

I had viral infection (probably food poisoning but the doctor wasnt being specific) and was severely dehydrated.. I thought I was anemic at first but nope.

ohh im sorry :( whine away! ahah i know i do. oh mann im going to feel all sorts of dizzy when the scores come in :eek:

but i do remember questions i got wrongggg! i jsut cant remember what i was thinking while i was taking the test.. like you know how usually you can either gauge whether or not its generally going good/bad? i think i was in like tunnel vision mode! i guess it worked out in the sense that i wouldnt dwell on questions i didnt know how to do cause i knew there wasnt time! but it really leaves me in the dark afterward :(

doesnt help that on my AAMC's i got my best score when i felt like i failed it, and my worst when i thought i did well! :confused: hahah

Members don't see this ad :)
I had viral infection (probably food poisoning but the doctor wasnt being specific) and was severely dehydrated.. I thought I was anemic at first but nope.

Wow that sounds pretty intense...well I heard that people usually recover from food poisonings within 24-48 hours so I hope you are feeling better now:).

but i do remember questions i got wrongggg! i jsut cant remember what i was thinking while i was taking the test.. like you know how usually you can either gauge whether or not its generally going good/bad? i think i was in like tunnel vision mode! i guess it worked out in the sense that i wouldnt dwell on questions i didnt know how to do cause i knew there wasnt time! but it really leaves me in the dark afterward :(

doesnt help that on my AAMC's i got my best score when i felt like i failed it, and my worst when i thought i did well! :confused: hahah
I read somewhere on sdn that a guy "knew" he got at least 5 questions wrong on a section and he ended up with a 14. This probably would happen on our exam too since it was so freaking hard (good curve). There was this guy at my test centre who spent the first 5 minutes of the break after PS just stood and stared into the dark in the male's bathroom. He had the door open so that's how I saw him. So yeah, it's going to be an easy curve for sure ;)

I don't blame him for starring off into the dark. During the break after PS I just sat, stuffed my face with apple slices and didn't take my eyes off the ground that entire time. Everyone around me on break looked scared and confused... Very frustrating.

Wow that sounds pretty intense...well I heard that people usually recover from food poisonings within 24-48 hours so I hope you are feeling better now:).

I read somewhere on sdn that a guy "knew" he got at least 5 questions wrong on a section and he ended up with a 14. This probably would happen on our exam too since it was so freaking hard (good curve). There was this guy at my test centre who spent the first 5 minutes of the break after PS just stood and stared into the dark in the male's bathroom. He had the door open so that's how I saw him. So yeah, it's going to be an easy curve for sure ;)

ohh well that makes me feel a little bit better. i just want my scoree.. any advice as to how you guys are keeping preoccupied? still have over a week to wait! :thumbdown:

haha! After the physical science section, I stayed in my seat and drew sad faces all over my scrap paper. It's how I deal with my feelings.

haha! After the physical science section, I stayed in my seat and drew sad faces all over my scrap paper. It's how I deal with my feelings.
Lol that's a fantastic way to relieve stress. I'm soo glad that I'm not the only one who felt like PS was so freakin hard....10 days... Good lord.

This month could not pass any slower. And I can't keep it out of my mind, I've been operating at maybe 80% brain functionality since the exam.

You must have taken the exam with me.

Well so we know for sure that most people found it hard. So definitely easy curve. IMO it's better than an easy test with a bad curve. At least with an hard test & easy curve you have a fighting chance, and there's always the chance that you guess it right.

Well so we know for sure that most people found it hard. So definitely easy curve. IMO it's better than an easy test with a bad curve. At least with an hard test & easy curve you have a fighting chance, and there's always the chance that you guess it right.

i hate waiting :boom:

The 8/28 kids just got their scores. You know what that means - we're next!!! 7 days to go...

Omg i dont want to see my score with all these midterms in the way, agghh!!

Uhhh, I didn't get to do the trial section. My test just shut off after I told it to score it and nothing else popped up. I asked the girl working at my test centre and she said "there is no trial section today, sorry"... I heard people say you won't get offered to do the trial section if choose to void but I am 99% sure I didn't void because I made sure to not click my mouse to change from the default choice which is score, to void, because I knew if I played around with the options then I'm going to doubt myself afterwards wondering whether I really had it scored/voided...

OMGAHHHHH!!! Ooo I am excited about that gift card though. $30 for free? Watch me with it, I'll be ballin'.

Has anyone else gotten any emails from registering with MedMar??

This wait is killing me.

preacchhhh. my stomach was in knots when I got the tweet about the 8/28 scores. I'm going to be a wreck a week from today..

do any of your testing history (THx) accounts say anything about the 9/7 test? mine just says the date of my past voided test.

Mine doesn't say anything about 9/7 either. Kind of unsettling. You'd think they'd put a placeholder there so at least we know they plan on posting our score and we didn't accidentally void it. I definitely remember taking the trial section, so I doubt I voided it. But the OCD side of me wants to be sure ;)

Mine doesn't say anything about 9/7 either. Kind of unsettling. You'd think they'd put a placeholder there so at least we know they plan on posting our score and we didn't accidentally void it. I definitely remember taking the trial section, so I doubt I voided it. But the OCD side of me wants to be sure ;)

Haha I feel you! :p
I'm sure we're okay, I remember seeing the offered trial section too

Man, I'm pretty sure this is normal but as the days go by my predicted/expected score gets lowerrr and lowerrrrrr :help:

Has anyone gotten an email about the trial section or the Amazon gift card? Looks like for the 8/28 test they got these more than 1 week in advance.

Gift card/trial section results came in this morning! 72%! I had social psych section and literally felt like I was guessing on every question.

Last edited:
Yup, as a tease the Amazon card and results for the trial section came in this morning too!... Hopefully the real thing comes back in just a few days... :mad:

Got an email from "mcat2015" this morning. 72% on psychology/sociology. Never taken a psych/socio course before and I was very hazy by this point in the exam.

Seeing scores for even trial sections worries me lol. Everyone here did better than me on psych/socio trial section :oops:o

72% on the trial (psych/social) here too. Seems like that is by far the most common score (no predictions on if this is good or bad for the scaling curve). The top quarter (75th percentile) is 30+ so I'll be pleased if I scored as well on the portion that counts as I did on the trial section.

I'm scared too, but you as you know, this exam does NOT and will NOT determine how good of a physician you will be. If it doesn't go as well as we would've hoped, it's not the end of the world and it can always be taken again. So try to relax this weekend, spend some time with friends and family, party, workout, and live life!

You're right that these MCAT scores don't determine how good of a physician we'd be, but some of us are applying for med school right now with these MCAT scores and we need them to be good, or it's one more year in a holding pattern waiting to reapply. On top of that, some schools don't like retakes. Plus, you're looking at giving up several weeks or even months of your life to studying for a retake.

I agree that it's not the end of the world, but these scores ARE a big deal and I think those of us who feel nervous are justified.

Hey all,

Is it true that the scores are released at 3:10 pm tuesday (EST), not at 5pm as mentioned on the MCAT page?

Thanks!!

You're right that these MCAT scores don't determine how good of a physician we'd be, but some of us are applying for med school right now with these MCAT scores and we need them to be good, or it's one more year in a holding pattern waiting to reapply. On top of that, some schools don't like retakes. Plus, you're looking at giving up several weeks or even months of your life to studying for a retake.

I agree that it's not the end of the world, but these scores ARE a big deal and I think those of us who feel nervous are justified.
Well said, these scores definitely have a big impact on the current cycle for those who are applying this year but they are not the end of the road by any means.