MCAT MCAT University (online)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
completeMCATpackage.png

MCAT University (online)

Package Contents

• 100% online with instant access.
  • 16 hours of clear lecture style teaching: MCAT Physics, Biology, General and Organic Chemistry.
  • Extra testing and review for verbal sections including Writing Samples.
  • Up to 60 hours of seminars with Dr Ferdinand online (weekends, evenings).
  • High yield online chapters from The Gold Standard MCAT followed by interactive review questions.
  • 6 full length practice MCAT CBTs including verbal sections: GS-1 to GS-6; explanations and instant scores for all multiple choice sections.
  • Be part of a community in the MCAT Forum monitored by Dr. Ferdinand.
  • $79.95/mo. Cancel or upgrade anytime.
System Requirements

A regular PC computer (minimum of Pentium 200 MHz) or Apple computer (Mac OS X - Panther).

Gold Standard MCAT will give away a one month subscription to MCAT University (online) to one lucky member. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does this duplicate or supplement the 16 DVD's set?

Can I have it just for a month for $80 and finish as much mateial as possible?
That way 6 tests, it self will come for $13 a test. I may try this.

Is there any satisfation guarantee or higher score guarantee? Also I'm curious also if their is a minimum time for the subscription and if all the materials come during the first month or are the subjects divided and sent out separately. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any individual feedback available for the writing section? I see that there are writing samples available, but looking for direct feedback if possible. Otherwise, sounds like a reasonably priced product.

Wow, I hadn't heard of this before just now. How are the seminars with Dr. Ferdinand structured?

Can I have it just for a month for $80 and finish as much mateial as possible?
That way 6 tests, it self will come for $13 a test. I may try this.

Yes, the package called MCAT University (online) is a monthly subscription that can be cancelled whenever you’d like.
Good luck with your studies!

Is there any satisfation guarantee or higher score guarantee? Also I'm curious also if their is a minimum time for the subscription and if all the materials come during the first month or are the subjects divided and sent out separately. Thanks.

At MCAT-prep.com, we believe that we are the best at teaching the MCAT exam. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your results, you can repeat the course once for an administrative fee. Of course, you will not receive a second set of course materials (if applicable). Course refunds are not possible.
There is no minimal time for the subscription, you can purchase and start the package at any time. All the materials will be available to you online immediately after your purchase.
The following link will answer all the questions about the MCAT University (online):
http://www.mcat-prep.com/University/

How does Dr. Ferdinand present the videos?

Any individual feedback available for the writing section? I see that there are writing samples available, but looking for direct feedback if possible. Otherwise, sounds like a reasonably priced product.

No, it has been over a year that the MCAT Crash Course and MCAT University programs no longer include hand correction of the Writing Sample. It only includes explanations and instant scores for all multiple choice sections.
We do offer a specific program to have WS's corrected:
www.mcat-prep.com/writing-sample and, of course, the Platinum Package.

Wow, I hadn't heard of this before just now. How are the seminars with Dr. Ferdinand structured?

Classes are usually on the weekend (rarely during the week depending on student schedules). Classes are always 10 students or less and use a problem based approach to MCAT Physics, Biology, General and Organic Chemistry. Each session is usually one hour per topic. Topics are reviewed chapter by chapter of the MCAT review book. Students can ask questions live. All live online courses are saved so that students who either miss class or simply want to see it again, can review the entire session anytime with a click of a button.

How many months do students usually purchase for the online university (I think the university is a great idea). Is there a daily planner/syllabus to follow for the university?

The videos are located under the video tab and their listed by topics. You can actually look at a sample video for FREE by going to http://mcat-prep.com/_members/videos.php

how many extra verbal tests are there?

How many months do students usually purchase for the online university (I think the university is a great idea). Is there a daily planner/syllabus to follow for the university?

.On average, students set aside between 3-6 hours/day for between 3-6 months....
. .
.Here are 2 threads in the MCAT-prep.com Forum which you should find helpful to be most efficient in the next 2 months:

1) www.mcat-prep.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1642&highlight=schedule

2) www.mcat-prep.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1550&highlight=schedule.
.Also, when you are logged in, you can get more advice by clicking on CBT (Exams) and then you will see links to Advice..
.Online access to the 10 MCAT CBTs is for 1 year (unlimited access during that period..

Status
Not open for further replies.