MCPHS (Worcester)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Requested to join!!! :)

Sorry i didnt add you right from the beginning when you added me as a friend on facebook! there were a handful that added me as a friend in the beginning when i was creating the group but i had a hard time keeping track! but i responded to your request so welcome! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey pharmdaz, yea I've been playing guitar almost my whole life. You should bring your acoustic to MA so we could jam. I'm Duy, you could find me on our MCPHS FB page.

Last edited:
Hey pharmdaz, yea I've been playing guitar almost my whole. You should bring your acoustic to MA so we could jam. I'm Duy, you could find me on our MCPHS FB page.
definitely will bring my guitar. Added you to facebook mcphs group. I'm Brian.

Members don't see this ad :)
The name is Randy pumped to meet my future classmates ! I joined the facebook pharmacy class of 2015 page!

Hey guys :) I submitted my supplemental two days before christmas and I'm getting a little nervous because they haven't invited me for an interview yet. How long did it take you guys to hear back from them? I heard from all the other schools like 2 days after.

lol...why is everyone wanting to live off campus?

IsThisRealLife-Monkey.jpg

Choosing on campus 2 person room. Come at me.

Hey guys :) I submitted my supplemental two days before christmas and I'm getting a little nervous because they haven't invited me for an interview yet. How long did it take you guys to hear back from them? I heard from all the other schools like 2 days after.

It took them two days after my secondary was submitted for an interview invite. They work fast, but I guess there's nothing to worry about in your case given the fact that the campus is currently closed for the holidays until January 2n/3rd. Hang tight man, you'll hear from them soon.

definitely will bring my guitar. Added you to facebook mcphs group. I'm Brian.

What's going on Brian, are you from Socal? I'm gonna try to set up a socal get together if people are down to do so...

It took them two days after my secondary was submitted for an interview invite. They work fast, but I guess there's nothing to worry about in your case given the fact that the campus is currently closed for the holidays until January 2n/3rd. Hang tight man, you'll hear from them soon.

Thank you!! I hope I get one and get accepted you guys all seem so nice :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I want to ask if I'll absolutely need to have a car to commute to rotation sites... How far are the rotation sites from the school????

heh everyone! I'm Stela and I in the 2015 PharmD class as well!

Hey, I want to ask if I'll absolutely need to have a car to commute to rotation sites... How far are the rotation sites from the school????

For the shadowing rotation in spring of P1 year, they tell you the first day of orientation that they are allowed to place you anywhere within a 60 mile radius of the school. Public transport isn't really a good option if you get placed in Rhode Island or Western Mass, so a car is essentially a must. For your intermediate and advanced rotations you are able to list preferences so you can do those back home, but you have no say in where you get placed for the shadowing rotation.

Hope this helps.

So if you have rotation, you'll be away from school for a period of time? Do you know if your classmates carpooled??

For the shadowing rotation in spring of P1 year, they tell you the first day of orientation that they are allowed to place you anywhere within a 60 mile radius of the school. Public transport isn't really a good option if you get placed in Rhode Island or Western Mass, so a car is essentially a must. For your intermediate and advanced rotations you are able to list preferences so you can do those back home, but you have no say in where you get placed for the shadowing rotation.

Hope this helps.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

How many people are actually placed 30 miles away, or even 60 miles away? Is MCPHS ******ed?

Might as well give me rotations in ****ing China for that matter...ridiculous.

So if you have rotation, you'll be away from school for a period of time? Do you know if your classmates carpooled??

For the shadowing rotation you call your preceptor and schedule it yourself. It is 3 hours every other week. The intermediate rotations, which you can request the location for, are 1 month each and for those you will just be on rotations and not in class. The shadowing rotation is part of IPC II class, so you still have 7 classes to schedule it around.

To address the other comment, yeah, I know of some people that got placed in Boston and some in Springfield, which are both about 50 miles from Worcester (give or take).

For the shadowing rotation you call your preceptor and schedule it yourself. It is 3 hours every other week. The intermediate rotations, which you can request the location for, are 1 month each and for those you will just be on rotations and not in class. The shadowing rotation is part of IPC II class, so you still have 7 classes to schedule it around.

To address the other comment, yeah, I know of some people that got placed in Boston and some in Springfield, which are both about 50 miles from Worcester (give or take).

so, shadowing rotations starts pretty much your first semester, every other week?

For the shadowing rotation you call your preceptor and schedule it yourself. It is 3 hours every other week. The intermediate rotations, which you can request the location for, are 1 month each and for those you will just be on rotations and not in class. The shadowing rotation is part of IPC II class, so you still have 7 classes to schedule it around
So for these rotations, have you seen your classmates carpool?? Do 100% of students have cars????

Hello everyone, I just wanna confirm that there is no supplemental application fee for this school right? I submitted the sup app online last week but couldnt find anywhere that says there is a fee, so I assume no fee. Please correct if I'm wrong. Thank you very much !!!!!

once again if you are new to this forum...

ATTENTION:

For everyone that has sent request to me on FB to join the group i have either responded to your requests or sent you PMs through facebook asking you to state your SDN username or the fact that you will be attending MCPHS Worcester as the C/o 2015. I want to make sure not to add people that will not be attending this school and have randoms in the group! sorry not to pick on you guys that didnt do this yet!

So for future requests to join the group please follow this link and send me a request with also a PM OF YOUR SDN USERNAME AND/OR STATING THAT YOU WILL BE ATTENDING THIS SCHOOL. so i know that you are not a random person!

Thank You once again.

You can PM here in SDN or find me on facebook if you guys have any questions

here are the two links once again

My fb page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...f&notif_t=wall

MCPHS class of 2015 group page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/224989787578853/

I really like this school but transportation is a problem (I don't have a car). So I wonder how feasible it is to carpool???

Hello everybody, how long it take them to process any application after the suppl appl is send? I did send mine mid-December:xf:

From San Diego right here! :hello:If you socal folks want to hangout, I'm down to meet up in OC before august rolls around. BTW congrats to those accepted!

I go to UCSD..close enough ahha...c/o 2015!

I really like this school but transportation is a problem (I don't have a car). So I wonder how feasible it is to carpool???

Thats the same problem for me too!!! Thats what makes me hesitant to go to East Coast schools without a car!

what were some questions asked at the interview and the essay questions?

I am currently living with an elderly Vietnamese couple in a spacious single house, 5 minutes (on a busy day) from the school. Its right on Main street and the bus stops right in front of the house. There are 2 more vacant rooms. If you love authentic Vietnamese food, then rent here. They're like family. Heat/hot water/food/electricity/1 spare bed is included. I do have a car, so we can all carpool together to school and home. :)Reply if interested.

I am currently living with an elderly Vietnamese couple in a spacious single house, 5 minutes (on a busy day) from the school. Its right on Main street and the bus stops right in front of the house. There are 2 more vacant rooms. If you love authentic Vietnamese food, then rent here. They're like family. Heat/hot water/food/electricity/1 spare bed is included. I do have a car, so we can all carpool together to school and home. :)Reply if interested.

in...

how much is rent?

Hi! I am Vietnamese and I love this offer. Is it possible if I can make my final confirmation in March (I am still undecided, and want to hear back from other schools)

hey i got accepted and just paid my deposit, but if i decided to go somewhere else, i can withdraw right? is there a deadline for a final decision?

What's going on Brian, are you from Socal? I'm gonna try to set up a socal get together if people are down to do so...

sup guitarded2,

from Orange County here, lets get something going with all the socal-ers haha
where are you from?

I go to UCSD..close enough ahha...c/o 2015!

I go to UCSD as well! haha, have you sent your deposit yet? Glad to know that there's a fellow San Diegan attending MCPHS next year.

sup guitarded2,

from Orange County here, lets get something going with all the socal-ers haha
where are you from?

What's going on Sixstringedmind? I'm from San Diego, but I drive up to OC on a regular basis... and YES I'm down to set up a meet for MCPHS C/O 2015. Did you join our little unofficial FB group? If you have then we can correspond via FB as well.

What's going on Sixstringedmind? I'm from San Diego, but I drive up to OC on a regular basis... and YES I'm down to set up a meet for MCPHS C/O 2015. Did you join our little unofficial FB group? If you have then we can correspond via FB as well.

yeap, names josh m.!

I can't promise anything..but whoever takes it first i guess.

I'm definitely interested now...seems too good to be true (cheap)...

also, strong username to post content correlation.

is this some kind of operation lol?

I can't promise anything..but whoever takes it first i guess.

Thats understandable. However, can you keep me posted if no one else takes the offer since you did mention that there are two rooms available.
Thank you!

Hello all. I have an interview on Jan 21st and is there any pointers about how to get to MCPHS worcester from Boston. They said the train/bus is the cheapest but if you guys have any other suggestions, pls let me know. Thank you in advanced :)

I go to UCSD as well! haha, have you sent your deposit yet? Glad to know that there's a fellow San Diegan attending MCPHS next year.

Yes I have! I'm from Muir! :D You? Have you sent in the deposit?

300 just rent, 450 plus food

I am really interested in that offer. I already deposited to school and plan to come to Worcester in early August. So, I don't know that I contact you or that Vietnamese couple owner in order to move in before school time.

Please give me either your contact infor or the owner info by sending private message.
Thank you so much for your information.
By the way, I am a Vietname male, too.

I am from socal too (san gabriel valley/pasadena). i already sent in my deposit for the school, but i am still undecided >.< but if you guys do set up a socal hang out session, i'd be down to join!

hey guys i have interview on the 21st! anyone have any pointers
im from SAN DIEGO too!:)