MCW Class of 2010, Part 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PAGE 50!

and I'm just wondering, what're the laws on concealed katanas?

here in WI, Doyle keeps shooting down the CCW laws, that stupid moran. Way to represent the people's wishes!

gotta post a few of these :D

guessing_s.jpg

s_protection.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

What's everybody's song o' the day?
Feeder - "Piece by Piece" over here.

Members don't see this ad :)
for those lacking motivation, an excerpt from my favorite movie.

I don’t have to tell you people times are tough. You read the papers. The country’s going to hell. Now you take inflation, recession, welfare. There’s nothing we can do about that. But thanks to muggings, malnutrition, assassination, and disease, we got a chance to make a buck! I can see that some of you men must be shocked by that statement, but I didn’t write the rules of life myself, no sir! The cripple, the junkie, the wounded, and the dying. Society calls them all worthless. They’re not worthless. Not to us! To us each one is worth $42.50 plus 50 cents a mile, and let’s not forget it!

Well... my artist of the past weekend has been John Denver. :D With occasional Beatles.

I've gotta say. I really don't like bacteria right about now, and they seem quite scary.

My artist of the day is Incubus. Probably the only band I found even somewhat worthwhile during that whole rap-rock phase. I have to admit though, this weekend when I found it hard to continue studying, all I needed to do was crank a little "Sexyback" and I was able to push forward. Now I just need to keep from singing the song during the exam this morning...

Oh, and Prowler...no worries about the legality of concealed katanas. The U.S government made an agreement with the UN (United Ninjas) years ago that exempt us from all laws. I'm like a foreign diplomat from Deathuania.

Not "Paxilback?"

Naw...figured that after this latest set of exams and our induction this semester into the drug culture of the VA that I really didn't need any other nudgings towards developing some kind of drug habit of my own.

Might be hard to believe, but if I have to choose between needle tracks on my arm with an underlying fulminant hepatitis vs. Justin Timberlake's intellectually insulting, but booty-shakin' music, I'll take TLake everytime. ;)

Are we allowed to carry our concealed weapons into bars here?

Aren't women significantly more likely to pull the trigger if they point a gun at someone? Or maybe I heard that on a Leathal Weapon.

Are we allowed to carry our concealed weapons into bars here?

Aren't women significantly more likely to pull the trigger if they point a gun at someone? Or maybe I heard that on a Leathal Weapon.
You can't have a concealed weapon anywhere in Wisconsin. And I would think women would be less likely to pull the trigger, although they might be more likely to accidentally shoot the suspect (see the show COPS for details). My wife is under the impression that you should shoot to wound, but that leaves two witnesses ("I broke into his house at 3am looking for my cell phone!"). If I shoot, it's gonna be to kill....although I probably wouldn't go for the 68 bullet option.

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps because we are having a scrotum lecture by THE bruce dickenson.

Man, i wish I could remember the great joke I had about purulent exudate. Dang.

A little prep for the psych test tomorrow:

The percentage of students diagnosed with dysthymia after taking the Step 1 exam this summer:

A). Emil Kraeplin
B). 13.3%
C). Don't have sex with patients
D). 97.8%
E). All of the above

Alright, we have one vote for A. Let's work through this as a group...we can quickly eliminate C as an answer, because we all know that it is the only perk of being a psychiatrist, and this test was written by psychiatrists.

Alright, we have one vote for A. Let's work through this as a group...we can quickly eliminate C as an answer, because we all know that it is the only perk of being a psychiatrist, and this test was written by psychiatrists.

And this is demonstrated in the movie, Clue.

Or maybe don't listen to me. I'm not known for guessing right ever. ;) But, I do like the letter A.

Here it is folks: my argument for challenging all 60 questions on the bacteriology exam today. Let's see what those pseudoscientists have to say after reading that! Game, set, and match, you rogues!

This place seems glib.

MCW has a top 5 ranked Anesthesiology residency program. What exactly does that mean?

I heard a rumor that there was a heart transplant the very day that we were told we'd probably never see one. Did anyone get in on that?

What does the AIG do anyway?

What does the AIG do anyway?

Nothing right now. Pratik and I are the co-presidents, and we're working on getting something going ASAP (will likely be sending out e-mails next week). We're going to have speakers talking about the different career tracks in anesthesia, hopefully will have an intubation clinic, will have a demonstration on "Stan" the anesthesia dummy in the Star Center, and we run a shadowing program.

Where did you get the top 5 figure for the residency program? I've always heard MCW ranks mid to mid-high tier for anesthesiology, but I don't think anyone I've talked to would put it top 5. It could rank top 5 for sheer size...they accept a huge amount of people (20+) every year.

I think I was mistaken. One of mcw's residency programs is top 5 according to their website. I don't remember which one but now that I look at anesthesiology's web site I know that it wasn't it. I was really tired when I looked at them last night. I can't find it now. oops.

How am I to know if I am interested in anesthesia as an M1? I don't know if I like the fanny pack requirement. I have a great ass and I'm not willing to cover it.

How am I to know if I am interested in anesthesia as an M1?

That's what the AIG is for.

I don't know if I like the fanny pack requirement. I have a great ass and I'm not willing to cover it.

If I wind up in Anesthesiology, I plan on foregoing the fanny pack requirement. Maybe I'll substitute it for a nice European carryall, or something else equally manly.

perhaps a backpack with wheels?

I shall join the AIG.

good lord. The thing about being old is that you can say whatever the hell you want.
No kidding. I can't imagine the looks that some of our younger, more female faculty would get if they said something like that. :laugh:

good lord. The thing about being old is that you can say whatever the hell you want.

It's amazing the conversations you can have with my 100-year old great grandpa. He'll definitely tell you exactly what he thinks.

i think i used too much Afrin nasal decongestant spray. I feel a tad lightheaded.

i think i used too much Afrin nasal decongestant spray. I feel a tad lightheaded.

I feel like my neck is all stiff. I wonder what that could be from.

by the way, sorry i picked my nose, especially my anterior nares, before shaking your hand yesterday.

Yeah, I was going to tell you about this later...
mandym-726771.jpg

Ya know... since that first psych test last year, I've kinda had PTSD due to Type I trauma. Now, I think I might have to have it classified as type II trauma after this psych test. AND I EVEN STUDIED FOR THIS ONE!

Dude, path was easier than that freakin' test.

Ya know... since that first psych test last year, I've kinda had PTSD due to Type I trauma. Now, I think I might have to have it classified as type II trauma after this psych test. AND I EVEN STUDIED FOR THIS ONE!

Dude, path was easier than that freakin' test.

khanbaby.jpg

oh, and I gotta share the dream I had last night in my 3 hour nap on the couch before psych.

remember how I said I had a joke about purulent exudate but couldn't remember what it was?

I had a most disturbing dream that there was a playset for kids...kind of like the old playdough factory or slime factory type things whose basic purpose was to let them play with goo.

and the playset basically was...a purulent exudate factory.

freaking gross.