MCW Class of 2010, Part 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well, let's see here.....

Ashers 441
Agent Splat 424
DoctorFunk 206
samenewme 204
indo 202
akpete 175
TheProwler 163
Andy15430 147
pratik7 67
Xandie 56
Tori's dad 52
Hawkeye Kid 40
Franimal 37
opmed 36
donnyfire 29
scotttennis 26
Tiger26 22
Kelgsny 20
munadel10 19
dsherida 18
EmjayBeeDoc 14
fromnowhere 12
jmtanes 11
ddmedical 10

Did you just go count how many posts people had in this thread? lol. I think EmjayBeeDoc needs to log back into the library computers more often.

Members don't see this ad.

WTG Ashleigh, you're #1!!

And I thought I was on SDN too much...

Prowler, has anybody every told you that you need to Cut down on your posting?

Have you ever been Annoyed by criticism about your posting?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you just go count how many posts people had in this thread? lol. I think EmjayBeeDoc needs to log back into the library computers more often.
yeah, I'm so bored that I went through 2555 posts and counted them individually.

Although it's still working well for psych, I've come to a point in my life where it seems that cramming is not as productive as it once was. I, April, hereforth commit to actually reading the lectures prior to the 2 days before an exam.

Interestingly, I think I'm quite well-prepared for lab even though I haven't read most of the stuff.

BTW, m2s, I was informed tonight at the review session that we should all be familiar with the case studies that I originally was not going to read. And it said on ANGEL that there are 30 multiple choice questions, but I'm still gonna prepare as if there will be short answer, fill in the blank, color in Paint the bacteria-filled tube, and crosswords. Because I just don't trust them.

Although it's still working well for psych, I've come to a point in my life where it seems that cramming is not as productive as it once was. I, April, hereforth commit to actually reading the lectures prior to the 2 days before an exam.

Interestingly, I think I'm quite well-prepared for lab even though I haven't read most of the stuff.

BTW, m2s, I was informed tonight at the review session that we should all be familiar with the case studies that I originally was not going to read. And it said on ANGEL that there are 30 multiple choice questions, but I'm still gonna prepare as if there will be short answer, fill in the blank, color in Paint the bacteria-filled tube, and crosswords. Because I just don't trust them.

Dr. Fritz said to know MacConkey at like every single lab session. So you can bet your sweet bippy, there's gonna be a question about what the Mac plate does.

I actually wasn't even really on SDN last night, I was studying for psych... apparently all the wrong stuff.

yeah...this feels like freaking finals here.

i fcking hate medical school

I was excited that this mini-finals week would be done tomorrow. Then I looked at the schedule for Thursday. 3 freakin' path lectures in one day. Add those to the lectures from last week and that means that I have 7 path lectures I haven't even touched. And my October CER block homework to complete. And a psych write-up due next week.

Moral of the story: don't worry M1s, the M2 year is soooooo much better!

[/sarcasm]

I was excited that this mini-finals week would be done tomorrow. Then I looked at the schedule for Thursday. 3 freakin' path lectures in one day. Add those to the lectures from last week and that means that I have 7 path lectures I haven't even touched. And my October CER block homework to complete. And a psych write-up due next week.

Moral of the story: don't worry M1s, the M2 year is soooooo much better!

[/sarcasm]

Oh, and don't forget that the next path exam is in just over 2 weeks.

Well that's just dandy, considering those case studies are written on a USMLE Step 2 level (heretoforth known as Path Exam #1 jibberjabber). I really love when I am supposed to extrapolate something meaningful from 3 pages of clinical tests and acronyms that I don't even understand yet.

You think PA schools accept transfers?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lovely. I love it all. On thursday I have to run a freakin bake sale too because people had enough foresite to book the lobby today for Thursday and friday, so all we get is 8-11, and I have to bake like 5000 cookies tomorrow and thursday night. While missing class. I don't like missing class.

Lovely. I love it all. On thursday I have to run a freakin bake sale too because people had enough foresite to book the lobby today for Thursday and friday, so all we get is 8-11, and I have to bake like 5000 cookies tomorrow and thursday night. While missing class. I don't like missing class.
This is why I'm not anxious to take on a leadership position in a student org. I spent way too much time on them in undergrad.

Boy, reading these case studies and sterilization and disinfection techniques excerpts from the lab manual, I wonder why the micro staff here at MCW hasn't come out with their own textbook yet.

They could call it, Microbiology Made Unnecessarily Complex and could market it secondarily as a GRE vocabulary list. If nothing else, at least they could sell it to all those newly accepted pre-allos looking to get a leg-up on their competition...

(No offense to the incoming MCW class of 2011 in the previous statement. I know you guys/gals are smart enough to live it up while you still can!)

I'll have my computer at the food table then. This is gonna screw over my weekend. Listening to lectures. dang it.

Anyone memorizing the Enterobacteriaceae table?

I hope they give us the chart. I don't wanna work that hard right now. :rolleyes:

I'll have my computer at the food table then. This is gonna screw over my weekend. Listening to lectures. dang it.

Anyone memorizing the Enterobacteriaceae table?

no.

but i did once memorize the lyrics to "Wake Up" by Rage Against the Machine.

This is why I'm not anxious to take on a leadership position in a student org. I spent way too much time on them in undergrad.

it's really not that bad. most orgs have two presidents to do the work, plus it only gets busy when you have an event. and if you're good you have M1 liaisons to throw the grunt crap onto.

that was easy, although that link is still on my Bookmarks toolbar on my laptop. remembering that the parasympathetic fibers for lacrimation originate in the Edinger-Westphal nucleus was a little more difficult.

exactly. easy it was. and easy you have it. muahahahahahaaaaa.........

I got a 100% on the 4 practice micro lab questions posted on Angel. Does that mean I don't have to study any more?

I once owned a medical interviewing book for 3 hours. Lemm aks you this: Are clinical contineueueum and PBL terrible or what?

This is my 1,000th post, and it's ALL FOR YOU, baby.

Finally I figured out,
But it took a long long time
Now there's a turnabout,
Maybe cause I'm tryin'
There's been times, I'm so confused
Down my road, will it lead to you?
Just can't turn and walk away

It's hard to say what it is I see in you
Wonder if I'll always be with you
Words can't say it, I can't do
Enough to prove, it's all for you

And I'd thought I seen it all,
Cause it's been a long long time
Oh bothered that we'll trip and fall,
Wonderin' if I'm alive
I just can't turn, you walk away

Its hard to say what it is I see in you
Words can't say, and I can't do
Enough to prove it's all for you

Rain comes pourin' down,
Fallin' from blue skies
Words give out a sound,
comin' from your eyes

Finally I figured out,
But it took a long long time
Oh now there's a turnabout,
Maybe cause I'm tryin'
Just can't turn, you walk away

Its hard to say what it is I see in you
Words can't say, I can't do
Enough to prove it's all for you

Well it's hard to say what it is I see in you
Words can't say, I can't do
Enough to prove, it's all for you

Hard to say
Hard to say, it's all for you

and no, I'm not typing drunk. I've developed bell's palsy-non verbal edition.

Once upon a time I was ahead of Andy in the post count. I guess I need to start playing catch-up.

This is my 1,000th post, and it's ALL FOR YOU, baby.

i love you too...i don't know what else to say. cause every time I'd try to tell you, the words just came out wrong.

so (next time I see you) I'll have to say I love you in a song.

And I just realized that Marc and I are almost tied on post count. :scared:

You need to start hanging out in the Lounge, the ultimate time-wasting/post building area of SDN.

I prefer our own little lounge here. We don't play silly Werewolf games.

I prefer our own little lounge here. We don't play silly Werewolf games.

I have NEVER stooped as low as playing Werewolf. *shudder* I did venture into the chatroom the other day, and creeped myself out in doing so. There's such a thing as going too far.