MCW Thursday Night Social

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone to this before the interview? What do applicants typically wear to this? Is it helpful?

Thanks for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

I went to it. I wore casual clothes as did everyone else. I thought it was helpful to meet more students. They have free food, a short presentation, and a question/answer session.

Are they still interviewing this late in the season?

DRed said:
Has anyone gone to this before the interview? What do applicants typically wear to this? Is it helpful?

Thanks for the input.
Similar experience, it was a nice way to relax and meet other applicants and some current students. Also, thats where you get your student host :)

Members don't see this ad :)
echo..echo..echo...pretty much what everyone else said. wear whatever you want--only students will see you and, trust me, we don't care what you're wearing. i'm currently an M3 and had extensive experience with the program M1/2 years. i also did the program as a prospie and thought it was a great way to see the "other side" of the school; in fact, i picked MCW due in large part to my experience with the applicant host program and interactions with the student body.

as for Laura's ?: I think this friday is our last interview day, but we traditionally interview late into the season and take a large number of people from the waitlist (both of my roommates interviewed in MAY and were accepted in early summer, and both are now excelling, so don't let the waitlist stigma fool you.) good luck with your interview. peace.

I just wore jeans. Keep in mind that many of the other applicants will have been sitting on an airplane for most of the day and won't be dressed up at all.

this is in response to the ucla student's post. when did you go to MCW?

climbndr, I was at MCW in mid-October.

UCLAstudent said:
climbndr, I was at MCW in mid-October.

I was there on October 15th, was that the same day as you? Also... I am living in Los Angeles right now, you still at UCLA?

brookester said:
I was there on October 15th, was that the same day as you? Also... I am living in Los Angeles right now, you still at UCLA?

Yes and yes. :)