MD Chances??? cGPA 3.82, sGPA 3.76, MCAT (Pending), [Stats inside]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pookie9000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I just took the MCAT May 30th so waiting on those scores, I averaged around 28 in practice so I'm thinking somewhere around there.

Biochemistry Major, MA State School
Science GPA: 3.76
Cumulative GPA:3.82

Dual Citizen France/ USA and bilingual
2 years research experience in Bio-Medical breast cancer (700 hours)
D1 Club Athlete all 4 years, captain senior year (1500 hours)
Volunteering during the summers at hospitals (~100 hours) (A little on the low side because of annual travel out of the country)

I was wondering what my chances would be with MD schools knowing that my MCAT may be below the 30s.

Also, would it be a good idea to retake the MCATs if I do receive below a 30 before applying this summer if I want to pursue MD?

Thank you again!

Members don't see this ad.

If you can score in the very high 20s, chances at some low-tier schools might be possible. However, MD programs like a minimum 10/10/10 = 30 minimum.

You're fine for any DO program.

If you're committed to MD, then re-take MCAT, score well, and make sure you apply early.

Hi Everyone!

I just took the MCAT May 30th so waiting on those scores, I averaged around 28 in practice so I'm thinking somewhere around there.

Biochemistry Major, MA State School
Science GPA: 3.76
Cumulative GPA:3.82

Dual Citizen France/ USA and bilingual
2 years research experience in Bio-Medical breast cancer (700 hours)
D1 Club Athlete all 4 years, captain senior year (1500 hours)
Volunteering during the summers at hospitals (~100 hours) (A little on the low side because of annual travel out of the country)

I was wondering what my chances would be with MD schools knowing that my MCAT may be below the 30s.

Also, would it be a good idea to retake the MCATs if I do receive below a 30 before applying this summer if I want to pursue MD?

Thank you again!