MD ENT residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pablo94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever know of a DO who matched into an allopathic ENT residency? I am trying to make a list of schools to apply to and figured I might as well just shoot my shot at some MD programs, preferably those who have taken a DO before. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

University of Kentucky took one two years ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone ever know of a DO who matched into an allopathic ENT residency? I am trying to make a list of schools to apply to and figured I might as well just shoot my shot at some MD programs, preferably those who have taken a DO before. Any insight would be much appreciated.
Kid from my school matched at geisinger this past year, he did a research year tho...

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to Freida and choose otolaryngology then filter by 1% DO. See what you get

University of Kentucky took one two years ago.
Kentucky has a PGY-2 and a PGY-5 DO in ENT. amazing. My coworkwer's Son was top of his class at Loma Linda University and is a PGY-2 at Kentucky.

This is definitely an evolving concept within ENT given all the recent changes. There are a few out there, even at some very prestigious programs - Penn has one at the moment if memory serves.

Obviously these tend to be great applicants who did aways and really excelled. At this point it’s probably challenging for a DO to match without some kind of personal connection to the program. That may shift soon but it’s going to be a slow process. I’d definitely stratify your search by which MD programs have taken DOs who never rotated there.

Last year guy from my school matched Beaumont-Taylor in MI