Med > Dental?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Steve Urkel said:
Ah aphistis, aphistis, aphistis...are you not the biggest proponent that dentistry has huge salaries, even more so than medicine. Could you please post links to verify this. I want to see real job offers, "salaried positions" just as I have posted over 400-600K. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, we all know that doctors in private practice will make even more than the above figures.

You know, simply saying that dentists make more money doesn't make it so. ;)

And just for the record, nobody has attacked anyone on this thread, I just want to see some evidence that backs up what you have to say. It seems like you don't have that evidence, since you are begging for this thread to be closed ;)

Hey Steve..... i always have and always will have a lot of respect for MDs. But i think you are a total cheese. Wanna talk about the business side of our jobs and your job? there is much more cash all over the place in dentistry than you can imagine and everone keep their mouth shut. The places where you get your stats on salaries is the worse thing that you can relay on because all that data was collected by some gov agency that does not give a shxx. Even though you come out as a smart axx bringing up the top paying MD's specialties, in dentistry there a several specialties(aesth, endo, ortho) that does not fall behind from your numbers and add cash on top of that. I guess TIME, Newsweek , and etc are full of shxx if you are correct because according to them it is just not the good old profession anymore for the crap that you guys go throught during and after school....except for some specialties that you brought up before.
i believe that time, school, work are just all investments and if you start to compare the amount of time one invested to get someone with education and when one started to make money and the amount of time one has to work to carry on.... you re probably smart enough to do the math bro.
You can count on this for sure Steve.... Not everyone in Health care wants to be a MD. Even if Medical School is only 4-8 years like Dental School...still there would be tons of people would rather choose something else besides Med sChool even though they have great stats to get them anywhere. I personally chose a different investment than you, but guess what i think i made the right investment for me.... Everyone is somehow similar thinking...oh i want to make a difference on people...etc. but people just choose their own route

I apologize if i was being rude, but i think you wanted an honest respond to your post. take care~!

Members don't see this ad.

Link?

just because you say so, doesn't make it so :rolleyes:

aceking said:
in dentistry there a several specialties(aesth, endo, ortho) that does not fall behind from your numbers and add cash on top of that.

aceking said:
Hey Steve..... i always have and always will have a lot of respect for MDs. But i think you are a total cheese. Wanna talk about the business side of our jobs and your job? there is much more cash all over the place in dentistry than you can imagine and everone keep their mouth shut. The places where you get your stats on salaries is the worse thing that you can relay on because all that data was collected by some gov agency that does not give a shxx. Even though you come out as a smart axx bringing up the top paying MD's specialties, in dentistry there a several specialties(aesth, endo, ortho) that does not fall behind from your numbers and add cash on top of that. I guess TIME, Newsweek , and etc are full of shxx if you are correct because according to them it is just not the good old profession anymore for the crap that you guys go throught during and after school....except for some specialties that you brought up before.
i believe that time, school, work are just all investments and if you start to compare the amount of time one invested to get someone with education and when one started to make money and the amount of time one has to work to carry on.... you re probably smart enough to do the math bro.
You can count on this for sure Steve.... Not everyone in Health care wants to be a MD. Even if Medical School is only 4-8 years like Dental School...still there would be tons of people would rather choose something else besides Med sChool even though they have great stats to get them anywhere. I personally chose a different investment than you, but guess what i think i made the right investment for me.... Everyone is somehow similar thinking...oh i want to make a difference on people...etc. but people just choose their own route

I apologize if i was being rude, but i think you wanted an honest respond to your post. take care~!
He doesn't want anything except fodder for his superiority complex. Quit feeding the troll. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Steve Urkel said:
Ah aphistis, aphistis, aphistis...are you not the biggest proponent that dentistry has huge salaries, even more so than medicine. Could you please post links to verify this. I want to see real job offers, "salaried positions" just as I have posted over 400-600K. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, we all know that doctors in private practice will make even more than the above figures.

You know, simply saying that dentists make more money doesn't make it so. ;)

And just for the record, nobody has attacked anyone on this thread, I just want to see some evidence that backs up what you have to say. It seems like you don't have that evidence, since you are begging for this thread to be closed ;)

Here URKEL/TROLL stick this in your pipe and smoke it. Not too many MDs are making $48K per month NET on a 30hour work week.

http://www.healthecareers.com/candi...AOMS&celgn=&email=&DID=2021&jobID=340369&cc=0

LSR1979 said:
Here URKEL/TROLL stick this in your pipe and smoke it. Not too many MDs are making $48K per month NET on a 30hour work week.

http://www.healthecareers.com/candi...AOMS&celgn=&email=&DID=2021&jobID=340369&cc=0
Finally...this is much closer to comparing apples to apples. It's not accurate to compare a highly-competitive specialty (Radiology) with a general practice dentist. Compare a GP dentist with a primary care MD such as Internal Medicine, Fam Practice, or Pediatrics. Then compare Radiology to OMS/Endo/Ortho.

If you want a link, here ya go. Scroll down to page 2 under Average Income. You should also remember that this is on the average 35 hour dental week, not the average 59 hour MD week.

www.adea.org/CPPA_Materials/2004_Dental_Ed_At_A_Glance.pdf

Do what you love. That's it! I know this is a cliche but it is accurate. I know lifestyle and money is important. And it's difficult for one who has huge student loans or has never experienced a lot of money to believe that but it's true; money, prestige and lifestyle take a backseat to loving what you do. I'm in internal medicine and I could have pursued a more lucrative field than internal medicine. I love internal medicine. It's hard but I absolutely love it and couldn't see myself doing anything else aside from maybe pediatrics. When you love what you do, you don't care about the other things. You don't care about prestige or money or even your lifestyle.

Money does get old. Okay, say you buy that huge mansion and Ferrari. Say you pay off your student loans and get the trophy wife. Okay, you have accomplished everything. What you do have left? Oh yeah, your job...the one constant in your life...the one thing you get up at 7 AM and come home from at 6 PM every day. Oh but you will retire early in your 40's...fat chance and realistically you will probably practice until your late 50's so just accept that now. If you don't love your job, you will be miserable and will simply try to amass more toys to make yourself happy. And when you retire, you will feel empty despite your wealth.

I think all fields have something to offer and not one of them is superior to the other. Just follow your heart and do what you love. Try to be the best at your field and try to benefit society the very best you can in your field regardless of your income, prestige and lifestyle.

Okay, no one loves absolutely everything about their job but do they like 70-80%? I know people who don't even like 25 percent of their job.
If the field you love just so happens to offer money, prestige and a nice lifestyle, then you are a very lucky person indeed.

Follow your heart and flip the bird to anyone who tries to tell you that what you are doing is inferior because they don't matter.

Enough already. Another thread hijacked by a pre-med student hoping to one day attend medical school and discover that it meets all their dreamy requirements. Good luck with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.