Med schools that are known to share feedback post-rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

majorlazer4196

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what went wrong with my application, having applied complete applications with secondaries to 44 MD schools and only getting 3 interviews, with all being waitlisted. Almost all of the schools I emailed for feedback couldn't share personalized feedback. What MD med schools are known to share feedback with rejected applicants or provide some sort of post-rejection counseling on what I could improve about my app?

Members don't see this ad.

It is likely too late now as well since the new cycle has begun.

From the WAMC post you made, you had no experience with patients in the US. If you got 3 interviews with only a month long medical mission trip, you likely would end up with an acceptance if you did a clinical job here (as had been suggested to you before).

Members don't see this ad :)
State public schools will sometimes provide a bit of help to their IS re-applicants.
The rest have little to gain from forthright feedback. They can only lose.
MCG offers reapp counseling for those rejected from that school. I got waitlisted at MCG, but MCG's reapp counseling policy puts waitlisted applicants in a bind because applicants can't get reapp advising until the waitlist is done on July 24th (this is what the admissions office said about reapplicants counseling as well as counseling to see if I'm a strong fit for Early Decision to MCG or not, which I'm heavily considering doing as a reapplicant), which is far too late in the cycle to get anything done and I'm also in a pressure to submit my med school app as soon as possible. I'm not sure what to do about this. Would waiting until July 24th to set up a reapplicant/ED counseling appt. be advisable?

MCG offers reapp counseling for those rejected from that school. I got waitlisted at MCG, but MCG's reapp counseling policy puts waitlisted applicants in a bind because applicants can't get reapp advising until the waitlist is done on July 24th (this is what the admissions office said about reapplicants counseling as well as counseling to see if I'm a strong fit for Early Decision to MCG or not, which I'm heavily considering doing as a reapplicant), which is far too late in the cycle to get anything done and I'm also in a pressure to submit my med school app as soon as possible. I'm not sure what to do about this. Would waiting until July 24th to set up a reapplicant/ED counseling appt. be advisable?
No one should even remotely consider ED unless they have the explicit and enthusiastic support of the school!
The fact that you have not been picked up during the regular cycle leads me to suspect that ED is not in the cards.

Last edited: