med student rotations at St.Barnabas(Bronx)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rock Star

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone from NYCOM can give me insight into the rotations at St. Barnabas hospital in the bronx. I'm thinking about doing a general surgery, or IM rotation there.

Excellent, good, or don't bother.

thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

St. Barny's: great pathology, excellent trauma, better learn spanish, bring a bullet proof vest, cars have a tendency to disappear.

Most of us from NYCOM rather not go there on rotations becuase of the commute from Long Island. From what I've heard is that Gen Surgery is not good if you want to be a surgeon and IM has some teaching. If you are into OMT, this is the place to be.

Just a small word of precaution here. They seem a little on the dis-organizated side. I was contacted for an interview, and told to wait till I got some code from a Jason, Jason never contacted me, so I called up there and was told in not so polite terms they were no longer interviewing(lucky I didn't turn anyone else down for THIS iterview). I believe she rpeated it 5 or 6 times, "not interviewing", "not interviewing", so frustrated I never contacted them again, later I got an email thanking me for an interview, What!!! A bit weird. Just think hard about this one. I wonder if the PD knows what goes on here?? I guess that's his job to know.

Should have clarified, this was for a residency in General Surgery.