Median atlantoaxial joint

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

properexercise

Reaction score
Is it possible to inject the median atlantoaxial joint (articulation of dens and anterior arch of C1?)

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible to inject the median atlantoaxial joint (articulation of dens and anterior arch of C1?)

IR may also be able to provide an answer. When there’s a will there a way…but whether it can be done and whether it should be done are two separate topics. The question I have is, why it should be done? At best it has to have a high risk profile with very little science to support efficacy. It’s not a definitive treatment. If the patient comes through the first procedure unscathed, then what? They aren’t cured. At best, the pain is coming back at some point. Are you going to repeat this high risk procedure? Can’t do an RFA. Would you recommend fusion next? Unless I had a clear answer to “what’s next” I wouldn’t do ANY procedure.

Reactions: 1 user
IR may also be able to provide an answer. When there’s a will there a way…but whether it can be done and whether it should be done are two separate topics. The question I have is, why it should be done? At best it has to have a high risk profile with very little science to support efficacy. It’s not a definitive treatment. If the patient comes through the first procedure unscathed, then what? They aren’t cured. At best, the pain is coming back at some point. Are you going to repeat this high risk procedure? Can’t do an RFA. Would you recommend fusion next? Unless I had a clear answer to “what’s next” I wouldn’t do ANY procedure.

Bone marrow concentrate and PRP.