Medical School Applicants with Pokemon Avatars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
tumblr_mrw7ycPhh11qdai9lo1_500.gif

:(

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hahahahaha that's even better than my explaining it! Sorry @breezy16 :(
Haha I don't know where this is from, but the three pika faces at the end are so cute / funny!
It's from the short movie Pikachu & Pichu! Basically the Pichu Gang and Houndour don't get along because the latter always chases the former and then the Pichus find a way to get back at Houndour, usually with a local Snorlax lol

Also the full animation is here:
tumblr_m240in7OIW1qlms3vo1_500.gif

Reactions: 1 users
This is bad. 1 week before matriculation and this thread is making me want to dive back into my GBA emulator.

Reactions: 4 users
This is bad. 1 week before matriculation and this thread is making me want to dive back into my GBA emulator.
TBH if you can't beat Gold/Silver/Crystal in 1 week at our age, you don't deserve to play Pokemon :p

Reactions: 1 users
All the games are too easy! Anyone battle on showdown simulator?

I thought about evolving when I got my first acceptance but I'm way too attached to Charmander. If avoiding evolution is good enough for Ash's Pikachu it's good enough for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Totally in on this. I choose Bagon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait...might have googled "cutest Pokemon" and caved. Can I be Fennekin? Not even close to one of the original ones (from my limited knowledge base), but so cute :love:

Wait...might have googled "cutest Pokemon" and caved. Can I be Fennekin? Not even close to one of the original ones (from my limited knowledge base), but so cute :love:
You're right, it's super cute! You can be anything you want! Looks like it has 3 evolutions so you can follow our standard model going forward :) Welcome!!
@mauroz will add you as: @starlite (7/28 16:11 #68) – Fennekin

The real question is...if we get into our top reach school do we get to change to a SHINY evolution?!

Reactions: 4 users
So do me and @dog_swag have to fight to the death now? If we have an interview on the same day I'll best of 3 you in Melee for the avatar.

Honored that I was already added!

Also, when do I become mega venusaur?
Fellowship?

Oh we forgot about
@kilez12 (7/27 22:45 #24) – Eevee #2

@mauroz, this belongs before dog_swag's entry

Awww thanks @avgn for including me in this fantastic list. So happy to see all of you fellow Pokemon- enthusiasts among this group of aspiring physicians!

Awww thanks @avgn for including me in this fantastic list. So happy to see all of you fellow Pokemon- enthusiasts among this group of aspiring physicians!
Everyone is welcome! Seriously, Pokemon (and Harry Potter) taught me like a lot of adult life lessons when I was just a youngling. It's only fitting that we remember its impact on us as we start embarking on this long journey!

P.S. You need to discuss with @mazarine if you agree with her model of how your Eevee evolutions should work! For reference, this was her suggestion:

"I'm going to evolve when I get my first acceptance. Since I'm Eevee, maybe if I'm lucky enough to get multiple acceptances, I'll change to different Eeveelutions depending on how many I get, starting with the original three. (Doubt I'll ever get to Glaceon or Leafeon, but one can dream...)"​

Everyone is welcome! Seriously, Pokemon (and Harry Potter) taught me like a lot of adult life lessons when I was just a youngling. It's only fitting that we remember its impact on us as we start embarking on this long journey!

P.S. You need to discuss with @mazarine if you agree with her model of how your Eevee evolutions should work! For reference, this was her suggestion:

"I'm going to evolve when I get my first acceptance. Since I'm Eevee, maybe if I'm lucky enough to get multiple acceptances, I'll change to different Eeveelutions depending on how many I get, starting with the original three. (Doubt I'll ever get to Glaceon or Leafeon, but one can dream...)"​

Still not sure if that's what I want to do. I might change after each interview and settle on one once I have an acceptance. (I doubt I'll get multiple acceptances XP)

Hey @scienceispower94! What are you doing over there quietly with your Swablu?? :uhno: You can't just ignore us! :(

Side note, @mauroz - pretty sure @phuynh94 's Pokemon is spelled "Gastly," not "Ghastly." Otherwise that would be pretty ghastly! ;)

Side note, @mauroz - pretty sure @phuynh94 's Pokemon is spelled "Gastly," not "Ghastly." Otherwise that would be pretty ghastly! ;)
Ah **** yeah that would be my fault since the first half of the list was copied from what I posted. Poop I forgot about the omnipresent puns found in Pokemon :\

Thanks @avgn ! I work fulltime so it is hard to update with every new post but I'll do it daily for sure! Keep 'em coming.
I work full-time too. Hasn't been a problem for me :p

Who's gonna be MissingNo?!?

Count me in, its gotta be one of the O.G. pokemon though...
Planning to Surf my way to Harvard Med. :cool:

Do we want to note when people evolve? Because it looks like we have our first evolution:

@ChillDawg (7/28 20:07 #87) - Poliwag (7/29 22:33 #230) > Poliwhirl

Congrats, by the way! I have the same LizzyM as you but not even a secondary from Davis yet - playing that waiting game XD

I hope I can join the club as Sandshrew! I tried to make sure that this one wasn't taken yet :)

I'm in. Piplup love.

Do we want to note when people evolve? Because it looks like we have our first evolution:

@ChillDawg (7/28 20:07 #87) - Poliwag (7/29 22:33 #230) > Poliwhirl

Congrats, by the way! I have the same LizzyM as you but not even a secondary from Davis yet - playing that waiting game XD
Yes, we do! But it looks like we're missing some sort of system to track all our brethren. Maybe the users themselves can make sure to update us on this thread!

Congrats @ChillDawg!

Updates updates! @mauroz

@Holmwood (7/30 4:00 #91) – Piplup
@Stephanie012694 (7/30 12:32 #449) – Nidoran ♀

Edit: @theonlytycrane (7/30 3:59 #90) – Sandshrew
doesn't belong in the class of 2020, but we can have him/her at the bottom of the first post as an honorary member! Congrats to our first honorary 2021 member! :D
Same goes for you, @Doctor Dream! If you're committed to having Trapinch as your avatar until your application year, feel free to change it and join us!

Last edited:
just realized that there's a Pokemon thread!
btw, I went to Pokemon store in Japan and ended up falling in love with Goomy!!!!

This thread is wonderful. Some of you found the greatest pics.
I would've wanted to be a Charmander were it not taken multiple times already. That's okay because I found another great one. My water type can one-hit all yalls' Charmanders!!

just realized that there's a Pokemon thread!
btw, I went to Pokemon store in Japan and ended up falling in love with Goomy!!!!

Have to go oldschool here.

This thread is wonderful. Some of you found the greatest pics.
I would've wanted to be a Charmander were it not taken multiple times already. That's okay because I found another great one. My water type can one-hit all yalls' Charmanders!!

Added, welcome aboard!