Medical School in Spain, Practice in U.S. Family Medicine, Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amistret

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello im currently obtaining my Biology B.S. in California and was wondering what you guys thought about going to study oversees, possibly Spain, and then coming back for Residency probably one of the least competetive Residencys. Thanks let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello im currently obtaining my Biology B.S. in California and was wondering what you guys thought about going to study oversees, possibly Spain, and then coming back for Residency probably one of the least competetive Residencys. Thanks let me know.

If you want to practice in the US, going to Europe should be one of your last options (unless you absolutely love Spain, or what not).

Spain will make you a good doctor, no doubt about that, but a Spanish medical school won't prepare you for the USMLE, since the system is different. Spanish med schools only teach in Spanish so you will also have to learn all the medical terminology in English, not to mention that many Residencies might not even consider IMGs (unless you have outstanding step scores).

Salut! I am an American student without a bachelor's degree and am very interested in studying medicine in Spain!

1. Which school has the best English Medical program
  2. Is it taught all in English?
  3. What are all the entry requirements for American students or Non EU students?
  4. Are there any scholarships offered to Non EU students?

If you can refer me to the best contact (preferably in English), that would be great,
Nicole