Medical schools with EFFICIENT RESPECTFUL administrative offices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's list some medical schools that USUALLY have efficient and respectful customer service in their administrative offices (bursar, registrar, etc.).

Only read the following if you want background info: Having attended multiple undergraduate schools, I am well aware that customer service at universities can vary like night and day. I've been to some schools where most administrative offices were maybe half as bad as Sallie Mae or Comcast in the way of customer service, and others that were great! (One of the most telling signs of customer service is often revealed in the TONE of the letters sent out.) So, I'm hoping to hear (or read) some comments from medical students, residents, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't matter once you're in. I have literally not spoken to a single member of the administrative office at my school in the past 12 months. Just pass your classes and show up to TBL sessions like a good little sheep and you'll be fine, at least for preclinicals.

Reactions: 1 users
It doesn't matter once you're in. I have literally not spoken to a single member of the administrative office at my school in the past 12 months. Just pass your classes and show up to TBL sessions like a good little sheep and you'll be fine, at least for preclinicals.

It will matter if they screw things up constantly so that you have to come in and deal with them. Where do you go to school? If you practically never have to speak with an administrator, they must be doing a good job!

Members don't see this ad :)
Very impressed by the Jefferson office so far.

A vast majority of them do. The few incidents we hear about with particularly unpleasant admissions offices are few and far between.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree. If anything your greater problem will be your Dean of Student Affairs and people who do your schedule (and f it up), etc. Your registrar and cashier is the least of your worries.

It will matter if they screw things up constantly so that you have to come in and deal with them. Where do you go to school? If you practically never have to speak with an administrator, they must be doing a good job!
Pm'd u

ucsd

From what I've seen on SDN, UA-Phoenix seems to have an awesome admission department so I feel that'll correlate with their overall administration. From past interviews, UWash and BU seems to have great staff as well.

Most of the state schools for FL seem to have an amazing admissions office, especially UCF and UF.

Albert Einstein was mean to me. UCF has been a pleasure to deal with.

Funny thing, but I feel like the admission office's disposition plays an important role in attracting prospective students to the school.

Reactions: 2 users
I had a positive experience with BU, overall the administration is much more on point than my undergrad about literally everything.

Jefferson has been great. I can't get into details, but communications with the administration have been very positive and quick.

Albert Einstein was mean to me. UCF has been a pleasure to deal with.
What did Einstein do?
Jefferson has been great. I can't get into details, but communications with the administration have been very positive and quick.
Yes. Luel is so nice. And finding a host took no effort at all.

I had great experiences via email working out an issue with Rush. Always returned my email in 48 hours.

Last edited: