Memorizing structures like lipid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovemedi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should we spend extra time memorizing differences between Ceramide vs Sphingomyelin, for example? I know it's recommended to know basic lipid/DNA structures.. but TBR/Kaplan lists both so I'm guessing its important to memorize as well?

Members don't see this ad.

If its listed in in TBR/Kaplan I would probably take the time to memorize it. That being said the new MCAT is supposed to focus less on specifics and more on general concepts but until we know more about what that means, I'm leaning towards the side of over preparing on the specifics.

If its listed in in TBR/Kaplan I would probably take the time to memorize it. That being said the new MCAT is supposed to focus less on specifics and more on general concepts but until we know more about what that means, I'm leaning towards the side of over preparing on the specifics.

I don't know about Kaplan but being listed in TBR doesn't really say much.

TBR goes waay overboard with some of their topics (especially biology). And I say this as a huge proponent of TBR (IMO, best prep material and it's not really close).

I don't know about Kaplan but being listed in TBR doesn't really say much.

TBR goes waay overboard with some of their topics (especially biology). And I say this as a huge proponent of TBR (IMO, best prep material and it's not really close).
Just reviewed it.. It's bolded in Kaplan... And the structures are listed as well. Great, another thing to memorize, lol!