Mercer University College of Pharmacy Class of 2019 (Entering Fall 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I'm a current student at Mercer Pharmacy, let me know any questions ya'll might have.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I'm a current student at Mercer Pharmacy, let me know any questions ya'll might have.
Hey! I have a question already haha. I noticed that people have scheduled interviews for a little over a week from when they received their invitations. Do you know if this is the case for students out of state as well?

PharmCAS & Supplemental: 9/23
Verified: 10/09
Interview Invitation: 10/16 (via e-mail)
Interviewed: 10/24
Accepted: 10/28 (via phone)
Congratulations! We interviewed on the same day, I'm Amanda. I got accepted as well! I'm so excited!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I have a question already haha. I noticed that people have scheduled interviews for a little over a week from when they received their invitations. Do you know if this is the case for students out of state as well?
Hey, I am not sure about that. I was an in-state student, but I heard a mix of information, some people just have a week to get their arrangements ready (out of state students). So I think everyone is in the same boat

Hey, I am not sure about that. I was an in-state student, but I heard a mix of information, some people just have a week to get their arrangements ready (out of state students). So I think everyone is in the same boat
Oh ok gotcha, thanks!

I am an out of state student [Texas :) ] and I received my interview about 2 weeks after submitted my application. My interview was Oct.3 and I received my my acceptance like 5 days later I don't think there is a in state or out of state advantage.

I am an out of state student [Texas :) ] and I received my interview about 2 weeks after submitted my application. My interview was Oct.3 and I received my my acceptance like 5 days later I don't think there is a in state or out of state advantage.
Okay thanks, I'm from Texas too! I was trying to gauge how much time I will have between the interview invitation and the interview itself. It seems like for most people it's a little over a week. Was that the same for you and can you reschedule if need be?

Last edited:
Okay thanks, I'm from Texas too! I was trying to gauge how much time I will have between the interview invitation and the interview itself. It seems like for most people it's a little over a week. Was that the same for you and can you reschedule if need be?

I had to check my inbox for the dates lol But I received an email 9-23 for my interview invitation and my interview was scheduled for Oct.3.
I did not have to reschedule so I am not sure about that, but based on how friendly they were I think they would be open-minded if a rescheduling was needed.

I had to check my inbox for the dates lol But I received an email 9-23 for my interview invitation and my interview was scheduled for Oct.3.
I did not have to reschedule so I am not sure about that, but based on how friendly they were I think they would be open-minded if a rescheduling was needed.
Aw, well thanks for checking. You had three weeks to put down a deposit, right?

I am going to be a student there next fall and I wanted to ask you how you like the Atlanta area and the people at Mercer. When I went for the interview the people were really cool and friendly so I was just curious how your experience at Mercer has been. I also am out of state so would you recommend living on campus or off? Sorry for so much questions lol

We interviewed on the 3rd and $500 of the $750 deposit was due on the 31st.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going to be a student there next fall and I wanted to ask you how you like the Atlanta area and the people at Mercer. When I went for the interview the people were really cool and friendly so I was just curious how your experience at Mercer has been. I also am out of state so would you recommend living on campus or off? Sorry for so much questions lol
Heya, Well I've lived around the Mercer area for many years, so it wasn't a new location for me. What I like about Mercer is that its a small campus, unlike other colleges, you don't have to go very far, parking is right there, food is right there, and the library is great. I would like to take a moment to really commend the people and staff who work at Mercer. They are truly great people who want to see you succeed. So far I've not encountered one student who shouldn't be here, both morally or like intellectually. Everyone is very nice, well mannered and smart. I, honestly, look forward to going to class everyday (even if its 8 am :( ) Like if you encounter a problem, you don't have to like figure it out alone, you can go to one of the faculty and they are more than willing to work with you, and help you!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Everyone!

I'm thinking about applying to Mercer, UGA, and PCOM, but I'm skeptical about my stats. I have a 3.12 gpa and 76 pcat. WMAC?

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

I'm thinking about applying to Mercer, UGA, and PCOM, but I'm skeptical about my stats. I have a 3.12 gpa and 76 pcat. WMAC?

Thanks
Honestly you never really know what a pharmacy school is looking for. I'm new to the game just like you lol I think you have a chance if you want my opinion

Hi Everyone!

Thanks
My stats are lower and I got in. :) however, I have 3+ years of pharmacy experience, and I'm pursuing a masters in biology now.(I'll be done by the time school starts). I applied last year to mercer with a low GPA and they interviewed me but I was denied. They suggested I take more upper level biology courses. I would think your stats are good enough for PCOM though. Their average pcat score was a 56? It was in the 50s range. ( I interviewed and was accepted there too)

Anyone heard from Mercer yet?? I went to the interview on last friday lol

Anyone heard from Mercer yet?? I went to the interview on last friday lol
Hey!
I had an interview last Friday too at 9:00 am. I think we will more than likely here back tomorrow judging by what others have said. Good luck!

MJ

Hey!
I had an interview last Friday too at 9:00 am. I think we will more than likely here back tomorrow judging by what others have said. Good luck!

MJ
Yeah mine was at 9am yesterday....Goodluck to man.....

Yeah mine was at 9am yesterday....Goodluck to man.....
Thanks. I spoke with Laurie in admissions just a moment ago and she said that the admissions committee actually just sat down to meet about our interviews and that the earliest they would call would probably be tomorrow.

Thanks. I spoke with Laurie in admissions just a moment ago and she said that the admissions committee actually just sat down to meet about our interviews and that the earliest they would call would probably be tomorrow.
Hahaha same thing I did and she told me the same thing as well...BEST OF LUCK!!!!

I just got an interview invite for next week. Any tips or advice?

Hi,
Just relax and be yourself. You've made it past the most difficult part which is getting an interview. I interviewed on 10-21-14 and was accepted on 10-25-14!

Best of luck!

Hi,
Just relax and be yourself. You've made it past the most difficult part which is getting an interview. I interviewed on 10-21-14 and was accepted on 10-25-14!

Best of luck!

thank you so much!! it's my first interview, I really don't know what to expect! but I am ecstatic

I also have an interview at Mercer next Friday! I've heard many great things about the program, so I'm excited to be interviewing there!

Hey ya'll! I have an interview tomorrow at 1pm! Can anyone tell me how the interview process was like? Do they ask you any tough questions?

Hey girl! If you don't mind me asking, how was the interview process like? I have an interview tomorrow and i'm so nervous!

Hey girl! If you don't mind me asking, how was the interview process like? I have an interview tomorrow and i'm so nervous!
There are four parts: one with an ambassador student, one with a P3 student, and one with a faculty member, and a group interview. Show up on time (20 minutes early), dress professionally, and be yourself !

Hello all! I have been accepted at Mercer for the fall of 2015. I have also been accepted at ETSU and Belmont University. I am having a hard time deciding where to go. Anyone have any advice? Congrats to everyone too!

Hello all! I have been accepted at Mercer for the fall of 2015. I have also been accepted at ETSU and Belmont University. I am having a hard time deciding where to go. Anyone have any advice? Congrats to everyone too!

I may be in the same boat you are in . I just got accepted to ETSU. I had an interview yesterday for Mercer and I have an interview for Belmont in January. Which one are leaning towards? ETSU and Mercer were really nice! The only thing that I'm afraid of about Mercer is Atlanta traffic and the cost of living.

I had the same worries about Mercer. I decided on ETSU. It just felt right! Atlanta didn't sound like a place I could be for the next four years

Just got an invitation today for an interview in February!

E-submitted 08/31
Supplemental 09/04
Verification 09/22
Interview invite 09/24
Interview 10/03
Acceptance 10/07
I am going to have an interview on January 23, would you mind giving me some tips? I really want to get in the school. Thanks in advance

I am going to have an interview on January 23, would you mind giving me some tips? I really want to get in the school. Thanks in advance
It's very laid back! My advice would be to make sure you speak up in the group session. Also, study the supplemental essay question you wrote. They like to talk about that. Also, when you have the interview with the student, just try to be yourself. They were just like you a couple of years ago, so they know what you are going through. Ask questions throughout as well. Makes you look interested. Good luck! You will do fine!

Small Campus, but Great school with kind faculties and students, Truly recommend Mercer Uni. Pharmacy.

I received an interview for February 28th today :)

Congrats. Mine is on the 16th. Wish you the best . Is mercer ur first choice?
Thanks :)congratulations to you as well. I actually just had it switched to March 16th so I'll see you there! Right now I'm keeping my options open. The tuition is high but the school seems great, so we'll see. How about you?

Thanks :)congratulations to you as well. I actually just had it switched to March 16th so I'll see you there! Right now I'm keeping my options open. The tuition is high but the school seems great, so we'll see. How about you?

Mine is on the 16th of feb not march. Yeah mercer is a very good school. Hopefully you get your first choice. The environment/location of the schools am applying to matters. I am not fond of places that are small/isolated (not urban). It gets boring after a while even though pharmd coursework is intense. A pharmacist told me that since pharmacy is becoming quite saturated, I have to be places that I can have connections to get a job, because most time urban areas are usually the places one can make the most connection

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Anybody have an interview on February 13th

Hi, Can you give detail about the on/off campus opportunities?
Thanks

Hi, Can you give detail about the on/off campus opportunities?
Thanks
Mercer offers a lot of different opportunities including Sororities/Fraternities, an honors organization called Rho Chi, over 12 different chapters with a focus on different areas of pharmacy including clinical, hospital, community, interprofessional, AphA, SNAPha, etc. We are also working on opening up more clubs. If you decide to live on campus the community offers other activities including movie days, game nights and stuff like that. As part of the curriculum, you are required to obtain service learning hours, and those are done through partner organizations like the good Samaritan clinic, bone marrow registries etc. It is honestly up to you and your classmates to create "opportunities" and set up events, mostly the upperclassmen do the socials and mixers, but as the year goes on the class initiative falls in your hands.

Thanks for the information. Can you tell me more about on/off campus housing?

Thanks for the information. Can you tell me more about on/off campus housing?

There are several options available: i. On campus apartments; information about those you will receive during the interview, in your packet like prices and such. Options are single, double, and 4 people spots for ACADEMIC year. so not summer. ii. Off campus apartments less than half a mile away from campus usually about 600-800 dollars a month if you live with a roommate + utilities that you split. The more roommates you have, aka 4 bedroom vs 2bedroom, the chapter it is for everyone. iii. Off campus apartments not affiliated with the college aka, 2-3 exits down, Northlake area. Pricing varies.

Honestly, people who live on campus do not complain because of timing/atl traffic/ convenience/utilities are unlimited and included in the payment. It would be good to pair up with someone from your class.