Messed up LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chris ergot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever had experience with having a school tell you that your letter of rec. isnt valid as its not printed on a office letterhead? it doesnt seem like i can request a new lor from my dentist with the correct info as my app has been verified and no edits can be made. please help!

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone ever had experience with having a school tell you that your letter of rec. isnt valid as its not printed on a office letterhead? it doesnt seem like i can request a new lor from my dentist with the correct info as my app has been verified and no edits can be made. please help!

If this happens, just have your dentist include a letter head on the LOR. The school should provide you with an email that you can give to the dentist for he/she to send it to.

LOR can be such a pain! I recommend getting in touch with the application service. They are really awesome and can answer any questions you have! I called them a lot while I was applying and they were always nice, efficient, and helpful. Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
LOR can be such a pain! I recommend getting in touch with the application service. They are really awesome and can answer any questions you have! I called them a lot while I was applying and they were always nice, efficient, and helpful. Best of luck to you!
do have their phone number?

The only school that had issues was Maryland and they said the dentist can send the same letter directly to the school.

I ran into this problem with more than one letter this cycle. The letters can either be sent directly by the evaluator, or you collect corrected letters in Interfolio to send to schools. I chose the Interfolio route so that I could reach out to every school I applied to and send them if they allowed direct submittal of updated letters. You can store your letters confidentially in Interfolio and have them sent by mail, fax, or email based on the preference of the school. Most of the schools I applied to gladly excepted updated letters via Interfolio, or told me they didn't have any issues with the letters already submitted.

This was definitely a headache, but there is a solution. Good luck!

This happened to me with Maryland. They put a hold on my application until I got it fixed, but they gave me an email address to pass along to my evaluator to update the letter.