MHA interview with Univ of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MHAspirant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been following this super helpful forum for a while now and finally became a part of it.
I had applied to UW and today I got MHA visit day invitation for 4th december.

Unfortunately, I am travelling during that time and split between cancelling the trip or attending via Skype. Does attending interview via Skype negatively impact the application?

Also, the agenda describes a 30-45 min group interview involving a faculty member with one or more candidates. I have never been part of such a process and was anxious to know that how it goes? Is it like group discussion where opinions are weighed against each other?

I also have no idea about the questions UWash asks as I found very little information online about interviews at UWash. Any pointers on these questions will be very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed via Skype with this on Wednesday. They didn't seem fazed by me not being able to attend but I guess I will see in a few weeks. What did you decide to do?

I interviewed via Skype with this on Wednesday. They didn't seem fazed by me not being able to attend but I guess I will see in a few weeks. What did you decide to do?
I opted to attend it in person. How was your interview? What kind of questions did they ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
I opted to attend it in person. How was your interview? What kind of questions did they ask?

I did not think it was too bad, it was very conversational. They asked the basics...why UW, why MHA, where I see myself in 5-10 years. I'd be curious to see how many attend the Visit Day, they say they want a cohort of 25-30 students... Do you know how many students were in attendance for the Visit day? They say they invite their most competitive, but how many do they typically invite?

Hey. I am an international student. Was invited for interview by UW on Dec 4th. Since , I am a foreign student I went ahead with skype interview. I was pretty basic like Why MHA, Why UW etc. They said they would notify me about my admission decision by Jan 15th which is now again postponed to Feb 15th. Did you receive any update on your admission status?

Hey. I am an international student. Was invited for interview by UW on Dec 4th. Since , I am a foreign student I went ahead with skype interview. I was pretty basic like Why MHA, Why UW etc. They said they would notify me about my admission decision by Jan 15th which is now again postponed to Feb 15th. Did you receive any update on your admission status?
I didn't have a interview with UW, but my admission decision is also postponed to feb. Maybe we are in the waitlist

I have been following this super helpful forum for a while now and finally became a part of it.
I had applied to UW and today I got MHA visit day invitation for 4th december.

Unfortunately, I am travelling during that time and split between cancelling the trip or attending via Skype. Does attending interview via Skype negatively impact the application?

Also, the agenda describes a 30-45 min group interview involving a faculty member with one or more candidates. I have never been part of such a process and was anxious to know that how it goes? Is it like group discussion where opinions are weighed against each other?

I also have no idea about the questions UWash asks as I found very little information online about interviews at UWash. Any pointers on these questions will be very helpful.
Hello MHA Aspirant
I am an international student. I interviewed with the admissions team 2 mon back. It was a Skype interview involving 2 faculty members. I just wanted to know if u were notified on the status of ur admission. I wasn't yet. They would let me know in Feb.
Thanks in advance. Have a nice day!