Midterm the day before the MCAT...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jumb0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am taking classes this semester as part of my ongoing DIY post-bacc, and I just realized I have a Biochemistry exam the day before the MCAT! It's not going to be a hard exam or anything, but it's just really annoying. I would have liked to have the days leading up to the MCAT dedicated to a final , comprehensive content review, but now I have to study biochemistry. Luckily, it's fairly well-related to the MCAT topics.

Anyone else experience this before? Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any way you can speak to your professor and take your midterm maybe 1-2 days in advance?
I probably could, but would it even be worth it is what I am wondering. I will get out of the midterm at 1 PM anyway, so I have most of the day to put the finishing touches on my MCAT review. Plus, my MCAT is scheduled for the afternoon the next day, so I can study the morning of the exam if I want to.

Basically, my question is, How big of a deal is this really? SHOULD I try to reschedule the exam?

Personally, I would reschedule my exam. Even if it's not going to be a very difficult one, I would rather not have that looming over my head a day before the MCAT.

Personally, I would reschedule my exam. Even if it's not going to be a very difficult one, I would rather not have that looming over my head a day before the MCAT.
I agree with this, it's not a big enough of a deal to freak out if you can't, but it is a big enough of a deal to not preferably not deal with it by getting it out of the way earlier.