Midwestern Class of 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone recieved rejection letters from them yet? I am wondering if I did not hear back for an interview because the rejection letters were nto sent out yet.
Do they send out rejections? Or sent to a waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone recieved rejection letters from them yet? I am wondering if I did not hear back for an interview because the rejection letters were nto sent out yet.
Do they send out rejections? Or sent to a waitlist?

The admissions committee will be meeting on Monday. Those who have interviewed before then and have not heard ANYTHING at all or haven't seen any updates from them, should be getting a decision either Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I interviewed on the 21st of August so I will be finding out next week. You'll know you were accepted if the "accepted student checklist" appears on your portal. By Thursday or Friday, if you haven't seen any changes to your portal, you either were rejected or wait listed but you won't know that unless you call I believe.

Reactions: 1 user
The admissions committee will be meeting on Monday. Those who have interviewed before then and have not heard ANYTHING at all or haven't seen any updates from them, should be getting a decision either Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I interviewed on the 21st of August so I will be finding out next week. You'll know you were accepted if the "accepted student checklist" appears on your portal. By Thursday or Friday, if you haven't seen any changes to your portal, you either were rejected or wait listed but you won't know that unless you call I believe.
Well, I havent even gotten an invite. So I'll just plan on the reject lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure they're doing more interviews! Don't lose hope just yet!
We'll see! Ive already bugged them twice about it but that was over a month ago. Just need some closure so I can move on lol

My interview isn't until the beginning of January, so they are definitely still interviewing candidates. They also had available dates for the first 2 weeks of January when I was scheduling. Don't lose hope. There is still time.

My interview isn't until the beginning of January, so they are definitely still interviewing candidates. They also had available dates for the first 2 weeks of January when I was scheduling. Don't lose hope. There is still time.
My discouragement mainly comes from the fact of the timeline of the verification of my app by them compared to other applicants that preceded mine and heard back almosg right away or soon after.

My discouragement mainly comes from the fact of the timeline of the verification of my app by them compared to other applicants that preceded mine and heard back almosg right away or soon after.

I understand. I just mean that there is still a long time to go for the interview process. Even if waitlisted, there's a good chance of getting off. Best of luck to you bullymama! :)

I understand. I just mean that there is still a long time to go for the interview process. Even if waitlisted, there's a good chance of getting off. Best of luck to you bullymama! :)
Danke, katashark :) now, enjoy a bier und old chicago pizza. Guten Abend!

Do we know what month interviews will be ending?

When did you hear from them for the jan. Interview?

So I'm pretty sure someone already answered this, but I can't find it. Are MWU's interview closed- or open-file?

Members don't see this ad :)
@ketoone

They have read your essays and seen your experiences/elors, but have not seen your grades, gre, etc

Reactions: 1 users
omgsh for those who have interviewed and waiting for a decision..........the committee meets tomorrow.... Goodluck everyone!!!!!! we should find out by tuesday or wednesday!!

My interview options were February 3/4. I'm sure they're still getting around to people.

I called this morning to check on mine and they said it's been reviewed and now it's in the hands of the vet med admissioms staff whether to invite/waitlist/or deny. So it looks like i am still in the game :)

Reactions: 3 users
I called this morning to check on mine and they said it's been reviewed and now it's in the hands of the vet med admissioms staff whether to invite/waitlist/or deny. So it looks like i am still in the game :)
:thumbup: Awesome to hear! I was starting to think that your application had fallen through the cracks somehow (it's been... what, two months since you first logged into the portal?). Good to know you're at least still in the running! Crossing all of my fingers for you! :cat::xf:

:thumbup: Awesome to hear! I was starting to think that your application had fallen through the cracks somehow (it's been... what, two months since you first logged into the portal?). Good to know you're at least still in the running! Crossing all of my fingers for you! :cat::xf:
Yeah it's going on 2 months. Like I said, they may be doing things in a specific order according to some variable even though it's rolling admissions. Its just nice to know there's been some progress. She said it could take a couple more weeks to another month. So, I'll just wait another couple weeks to a month before I check back I guess :S..

For those checking their portal every 5 seconds, I called MWU and they are meeting this afternoon. We should expect to see changes to our portals (if accepted) at 12am western time. Hopefully nothing delays this!

If someone is accepted to their number one school, how soon do they normally notify other schools that they have been accepted to? To free up those spots...just curious

If someone is accepted to their number one school, how soon do they normally notify other schools that they have been accepted to? To free up those spots...just curious
Depends on the person. I notified the other schools within a few days. Other people are really busy or they forget and may not notify the other schools at all and will automatically be removed after April 15th because they didn't give a deposit.

It would depend on where there number one school is. For instance, say my number one school was Cornell, they give OOS admission responses the first week of January. Therefore if I was FOR SURE wanting to go to Cornell and I was accepted there, I could release my MWU acceptance first week of January. However, if I was thinking of Oklahoma St as my number one choice, they release OOS decisions significantly later in the year (end of Feb/early March), therefore I might not release my seat for significantly longer. Then there is always the option of not wanting to release any seats and weighing the options for a while before deciding. Nobody has to release any seats or acceptances until April 15.

I think it would be more considerate to notify them but I also understand hectic schedules thanks for the reply

With all of that being said, I applied to quite a few schools. If I were lucky enough to be accepted to multiple, I personally would try to release seats as quickly as possible because I do understand that others want them. I think it is necessary that everyone takes ample amounts of time to decide though, because where you go to vet school (if you have options) is a huge decision.

You are so right, that is one of the biggest decisions of a lifetime and truly blessed if you have opportunity to have a choice

Reactions: 2 users
I think it would be more considerate to notify them but I also understand hectic schedules thanks for the reply
I understand the concern, but like @alohacat319 said, you really have to keep the admissions schedules of other vet schools in mind; MWU is pretty unique (outside of LMU) in that it does rolling admissions. My IS and first choice school is Mizzou, which doesn't even start sending out interviews for IS applicants until February -- and decisions aren't released until mid-late March. I think it is understandable that applicants may hang onto their offers for at least a little while until they know for sure that they are accepted elsewhere. ;)

With all of that being said, I applied to quite a few schools. If I were lucky enough to be accepted to multiple, I personally would try to release seats as quickly as possible because I do understand that others want them. I think it is necessary that everyone takes ample amounts of time to decide though, because where you go to vet school (if you have options) is a huge decision.
Another thing to consider is that regardless of when you let the schools know (either Nov or April 14th), just about every single school will not let their waitlisters know until April 15th or later no matter what. So it really doesn't matter when you say no to a school as long as it's before the National April 15th deadline.

MWU campus and hospital are awesome though, so who knows if people will even want to release their seats. ;)

This is my first year applying so I'm new to all this. I applied to 7 schools and I have had one interview but haven't heard anything from anyone else. So trying to be patient because I do know it's still wayyyy early but good luck to everyone!

This is my first year applying so I'm new to all this. I applied to 7 schools and I have had one interview but haven't heard anything from anyone else. So trying to be patient because I do know it's still wayyyy early but good luck to everyone!

Don't worry, you're not alone. Lots of us (myself included) are first time applicants. We are all stressed about being new to it all and understand your pain! :happy:

I'm in the same boat. First time applicant, applied to 7 schools and have only had an interview at one, but I have been in contact with admissions for my others just patiently awaiting updates.

omgsh for those who have interviewed and waiting for a decision..........the committee meets tomorrow.... Goodluck everyone!!!!!! we should find out by tuesday or wednesday!!
OMG how'd you found out?!?!

OMG how'd you found out?!?!

They told us at my interview day on the 21st of October! We should be receiving updates to our portals by tomorrow if nothing is delayed! Admission's committee met today. I called them!

They told us at my interview day on the 21st of October! We should be receiving updates to our portals by tomorrow if nothing is delayed! Admission's committee met today. I called them!
So not at midnight? Sometime during the day? And do we get an email/call or does that come later?

So not at midnight? Sometime during the day? And do we get an email/call or does that come later?
At midnight in Arizona the portals changed so depending what time zone your in that's where it will differ. No call/email just portal change if accepted will have to call to find out about wait list or denial.

Mine didn't change at midnight. Mine went up at 9am. Just keep that in mind!

Ah! I'm excited to know that there's some decisions going out tomorrow; I'd better see a stream of acceptances in this thread! ;)

And... now back to studying for biochem and freaking out over my own MWU interview being only a few mere weeks away... :scared:

Good luck everyone!! I hope you all get accepted, I will be eagerly awaiting midnight :D

@ketoone, you're going to do great!!

That's awesome! Does that include the rest of the interview up to today? Because mine was last week and the dean said it might be a couple weeks O.O

That's awesome! Does that include the rest of the interview up to today? Because mine was last week and the dean said it might be a couple weeks O.O
I believe so! You guys might hear tomorrow too! But if you see no updates just call and see if they were able to get to your group!

Ah! I'm excited to know that there's some decisions going out tomorrow; I'd better see a stream of acceptances in this thread! ;)

And... now back to studying for biochem and freaking out over my own MWU interview being only a few mere weeks away... :scared:

Wow! I should be studying for my biochem test tomorrow but instead I am here also freaking out about my interview in a few weeks!