Midwestern University c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, OOS applicant here! I have a virtual interview for Nov. 1 and still haven't received an email telling me what time my interview is or to sign up for a time. I was wondering when they send that out and also if it is mandatory for us to stay for the panel after our virtual interview because I have an event to go to and don't want to miss it :heckyeah:
You wont know what time yours is until day of, everyone has to sign onto the zoom at 7:45 Arizona time.

Members don't see this ad.

You wont know what time yours is until day of, everyone has to sign onto the zoom at 7:45 Arizona time.
Thank you! Do you know if I have to stay the whole time or can I leave the zoom after my interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
They want me to stay in a zoom lobby for 8 hours? :rofl:
They say you can leave the zoom if you come back in time for you interview or the panels but its best to just stay in it. You just turn the camera off and do whatver you want to do! I think i was like on tik tok and stuff like that

Hey, OOS applicant here! I have a virtual interview for Nov. 1 and still haven't received an email telling me what time my interview is or to sign up for a time. I was wondering when they send that out and also if it is mandatory for us to stay for the panel after our virtual interview because I have an event to go to that evening and don't want to miss it :oops:
I did not interview virtually but I highly recommend staying

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, OOS applicant here! I have a virtual interview for Nov. 1 and still haven't received an email telling me what time my interview is or to sign up for a time. I was wondering when they send that out and also if it is mandatory for us to stay for the panel after our virtual interview because I have an event to go to that evening and don't want to miss it :oops:

I highly encourage attending everything.

how long has it been taking people after they interview to hear a decision, they told us 1-4 weeks but that seems like a large window.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied the day before applications were due because I wasn't 100% sure I was going to apply this year or take an additional gap year- I just got an update that I am waitlisted to interview. Anyone else in the same boat? What are the chances that people who applied late get off the interview waitlist?

I applied the day before applications were due because I wasn't 100% sure I was going to apply this year or take an additional gap year- I just got an update that I am waitlisted to interview. Anyone else in the same boat? What are the chances that people who applied late get off the interview waitlist?
I was waitlisted to interview (I applied a month before the deadline for context though). Honestly, from looking back at past forums it doesn't seem common to get pulled off the interview waitlist, but it has happened! I'm going to choose to keep looking at this positively as it's not an outright denial! :) They stated that each round of interviews/sending acceptances, they re-review your application and see if they want to pull you for the next interview round. So for the moment I'm going to be thankful it's not a denial.

I was waitlisted to interview (I applied a month before the deadline for context though). Honestly, from looking back at past forums it doesn't seem common to get pulled off the interview waitlist, but it has happened! I'm going to choose to keep looking at this positively as it's not an outright denial! :) They stated that each round of interviews/sending acceptances, they re-review your application and see if they want to pull you for the next interview round. So for the moment I'm going to be thankful it's not a denial.
ahhh okay! I wish I could have an optimistic mindset but Im so anxious 😕 I would have applied earlier but I decided so late and with a rolling admissions school that really seems to hurt your application

I interviewed on 10/19, and I can see the accepted checklist and seat deposit on my portal. Does that mean I got accepted?? I have not received an email yet.

It takes a few days! My checklist popped up the day before I got an email

OOS acceptance! Interviewed in person on 10/24 and got the email earlier today!

So if they made decisions on Friday then when do y’all think we will hear about denials or waitlists..?

So if they made decisions on Friday then when do y’all think we will hear about denials or waitlists..?
I have a feeling they make those decisions the same day. I'm hoping if we haven't heard it's because they haven't made a decision or they haven't reviewed us yet. I am not 100% sure though but I think if that decision was made they would have sent you an email.

I have a feeling they make those decisions the same day. I'm hoping if we haven't heard it's because they haven't made a decision or they haven't reviewed us yet. I am not 100% sure though but I think if that decision was made they would have sent you an email.
Hopefully so and an acceptance is around the corner! That would make sense! Thanks for easing some stress 😅

just got into Glendale for an interview tomorrow, hope to see some of y’all there!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! Does anyone who interviewed virtually know when they send out the Zoom link (i.e. day before, day of)? I scheduled my interview for next Tuesday a couple weeks ago but haven't gotten any other information yet. Thanks!

I received an email this morning saying I’m on the alternate list 😕

• Care
Received an OOS acceptance email today! Interviewed 10/19

Reactions: 2 users
Received an OOS acceptance email today, interviewed 10/19!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Does anyone who interviewed virtually know when they send out the Zoom link (i.e. day before, day of)? I scheduled my interview for next Tuesday a couple weeks ago but haven't gotten any other information yet. Thanks!
If this helps: I scheduled my interview on 9/12 and didn't receive the interview instructions email (which included the Zoom link) until 10/16!

I just saw on my portal that I got accepted (interview 11/1) but I didn’t get the email yet. For those that saw it on their portal first, how soon after did you get the email?

I just saw on my portal that I got accepted (interview 11/1) but I didn’t get the email yet. For those that saw it on their portal first, how soon after did you get the email?
Congrats! like two days after my portal updated, I got an acceptance email.

I just saw my acceptance too!! I also interviewed 11/1. I’m so happy! Congratulations 🥳

Any advice for the interview? Like how it’s structure or what types of questions to expect (behavioral, situational, etc)

Does anyone ever get off waitlist interview? I was placed on it pretty soon after submitting my application and am wondering if anyone has ever heard of someone getting off of it :oops:

Any advice for the interview? Like how it’s structure or what types of questions to expect (behavioral, situational, etc)
mine was a 2 person panel. rather easy questions with mostly prompts about your preparation and experiences, very conversational.

Placed on the alternate list this morning, interviews 11/9 :/ grateful for the position but still a little disappointed as I think my interview went very well!

• Care
Placed on the alternate list this morning, interviews 11/9 :/ grateful for the position but still a little disappointed as I think my interview went very well!
Making it to interviews itself means they like you! So imagine, you interview Xtimes the amount of students you can take. It can come down to nitty gritty details in applications and interview answers, since you all were liked enough to be interviewed. It’s hard, and it sucks, but there have to be some on alternate or declined.

It’s disappointing for sure. But know it was likely a very hard decision on the interviewers and the admission committee.

My accepted applicant portal was updated on Tuesday, but still no email acceptance. Should I be worried? I'm just hoping since it was a holiday this week, that the acceptance will come out next week.