Midwestern, Glendale 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im not sure what others interviews are, but I have scheduled for the September 29th one. Please let me know if anyone else is scheduled then also.

My stats are not great actually haha..

PharmCAS calculated
overall: 3.23
science: 3.1
PCAT 73%

Members don't see this ad.

My pharmcas app was mailed to them monday. How long do I wait to get the supp? I'm taking PCAT sept 26th will they not send me one till I have my scores in?

My pharmcas app was mailed to them monday. How long do I wait to get the supp? I'm taking PCAT sept 26th will they not send me one till I have my scores in?

I think they will actually because they have a checklist of things. I think it's just they wont review your application until they have received your PCAT score.

Members don't see this ad :)

They don't require PCAT scores for the supp, they usually send it to you in a week or two. You'll get it soon :)

Anyone interviewing on September 29th?

A little worried about the group interview.

Last edited:
Hey I turned in my supplemental last friday (9/16) and I was wondering how long it took to receive an interview date/message?

Still no one going to the interview on Friday, September 30th? I was really hoping to go over the group interview with someone/carpool. As I stated earlier if anyone is interested just PM me or reply on this blog.

Depends when you are flying in, i interview on the 29th and will fly into Glendale on the 28th. If you are there already then I'll meet with you to go over some questions.

Can you share how you prepare for group interviews? You can PM me if you want.

Still no one going to the interview on Friday, September 30th? I was really hoping to go over the group interview with someone/carpool. As I stated earlier if anyone is interested just PM me or reply on this blog.

MEEE! :) Carpool sounds great! I plan on being there pretty early if that's okay with you. I get super anxious when I feel rushed for time so I always arrive everywhere early. Are you staying in a hotel?

MEEE! :) Carpool sounds great! I plan on being there pretty early if that's okay with you. I get super anxious when I feel rushed for time so I always arrive everywhere early. Are you staying in a hotel?

Do you guys know if the interview is just one question everyone answer down the line or interviewer asks each individual a question?

never had this experience before...:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if the interview is just one question everyone answer down the line or interviewer asks each individual a question?

never had this experience before...:(

From what I've heard, it's several questions but they don't vary much from interviewee to interviewee. Basically, you're going to get the same question as the people next to you unless they want you to expand on your answer. I've visited their campus before and talked to some of their representatives. Over all, I think they're very genuine and friendly so hopefully the interviewers will represent that. I hope we all get accepted!!! :love:

I know you guys are interviewing on the 30th, but if you guys are flying in earlier such as the 28th we can meet up!

Hope everything goes well. 2 weeks away.

I know you guys are interviewing on the 30th, but if you guys are flying in earlier such as the 28th we can meet up!

Hope everything goes well. 2 weeks away.

I'm most likely flying in on the 29th because I'm retaking the PCAT on the 28th. :( That's actually why I couldn't pick 9/29 as my interview date.

Depends when you are flying in, i interview on the 29th and will fly into Glendale on the 28th. If you are there already then I'll meet with you to go over some questions.

Can you share how you prepare for group interviews? You can PM me if you want.
There is a really nice tool set on SDN about preparing for your interview.
MWG does about 30 applicants a day, the tour and lecture parts are all together, then the actual interview is 3 candidates and 3 interviews. They will ask each student the same questions, and will direct the students to answer them in different order each time. It is a very friendly -low pressure interview.

There is a really nice tool set on SDN about preparing for your interview.
MWG does about 30 applicants a day, the tour and lecture parts are all together, then the actual interview is 3 candidates and 3 interviews. They will ask each student the same questions, and will direct the students to answer them in different order each time. It is a very friendly -low pressure interview.

Thanks for your help! not sure where this tool is, i only found interview questions

I'm also applying here, but I have a question. I noticed that they state that the Physics course has to be for science majors. I took 8 credits of Physics with all the fields they are looking for, but the course was general physics. Do you guys think this will be a problem? I keep seeing it say for science majors, but the general and science major courses differed by one chapter and mostly covered the same material. Also the general courses fulfilled the prerequisites for my Biology degree, which wasn't health related whatsoever.

Last edited:
I'm also applying here, but I have a question. I noticed that they state that the Physics course has to be for science majors. I took 8 credits of Physics with all the fields they are looking for, but the course was general physics. Do you guys think this will be a problem? I keep seeing it say for science majors, but the general and science major courses differed by one chapter and mostly covered the same material. Also the general courses fulfilled the prerequisites for my Biology degree, which wasn't health related whatsoever.

im sure if you just followed your major requirements, it'll satisfy.

My physics is simply for majors that's not engineering/chemistry: basically not calculus physics.

im sure if you just followed your major requirements, it'll satisfy.

My physics is simply for majors that's not engineering/chemistry: basically not calculus physics.

Just to weigh in as an AZ resident - I took University Physics with Calculus for Majors I & II, which may or may not have been overkill. The General Physics class did not include Calculus. I don't know if they listed "for majors" to reference this specific class series in AZ, or whether they were just looking for non-fluffy physics (000 level classes need not apply). Definitely a question for the admissions office, no?

Just to weigh in as an AZ resident - I took University Physics with Calculus for Majors I & II, which may or may not have been overkill. The General Physics class did not include Calculus. I don't know if they listed "for majors" to reference this specific class series in AZ, or whether they were just looking for non-fluffy physics (000 level classes need not apply). Definitely a question for the admissions office, no?

I called and they stated that if your school had for science majors and for not science majors that is what it was for. So apparently I'd have to retake these courses even though the general courses fulfilled my prereqs for my bachelor of science in biology. Don't really get why they wouldn't fulfill their prereqs when the only difference is one chapter between both courses. I do understand what you're saying about fluffy courses since those also exist at UNR. We had three level of courses for physics and general chemistry that were offered. I called the admissions office, but they wouldn't give me any specific answers just told me to call my undergraduate school.

And my stats are
Overall:3.52
Math/Science:3.4
PCAT: 83 composite

*Called and they said the courses should fulfill the prereq requirement, but that the pharmacy school has the final say. Wish I wasn't going around in circles.

Last edited:
I called and they stated that if your school had for science majors and for not science majors that is what it was for. So apparently I'd have to retake these courses even though the general courses fulfilled my prereqs for my bachelor of science in biology. Don't really get why they wouldn't fulfill their prereqs when the only difference is one chapter between both courses. I do understand what you're saying about fluffy courses since those also exist at UNR. We had three level of courses for physics and general chemistry that were offered. I called the admissions office, but they wouldn't give me any specific answers just told me to call my undergraduate school.

And my stats are
Overall:3.52
Math/Science:3.4
PCAT: 83 composite

*Called and they said the courses should fulfill the prereq requirement, but that the pharmacy school has the final say. Wish I wasn't going around in circles.

What school do you go to?

Midwestern did not notify me of retaking any classes.
I went to UCI and there are calculus based physics which engineering and chemistry majors take, then there is algebra based physics that bio and any other majors take.

Is that similar to your school curriculum?

to be honest, Midwestern may need to take a look at your course description. I've heard friends that even went abroad to take physics and they got accepted no problem.

hope this helps.

What school do you go to?

Midwestern did not notify me of retaking any classes.
I went to UCI and there are calculus based physics which engineering and chemistry majors take, then there is algebra based physics that bio and any other majors take.

Is that similar to your school curriculum?

to be honest, Midwestern may need to take a look at your course description. I've heard friends that even went abroad to take physics and they got accepted no problem.

hope this helps.

I went to UNR(University of Nevada-Reno) and yes that is exactly how the courses work. The classes with science major listed next to them are for the chemistry or physics major depending whether its general chem or physics. The other courses are for biology, biochem, and environmental majors. I just sent in course descriptions here is hoping they pass.

I went to UNR(University of Nevada-Reno) and yes that is exactly how the courses work. The classes with science major listed next to them are for the chemistry or physics major depending whether its general chem or physics. The other courses are for biology, biochem, and environmental majors. I just sent in course descriptions here is hoping they pass.

Hopefully they work out! No sense forcing pre-pharmacy students to take a different course of physics that is not included in their major requirement.

:thumbup:

Hopefully they work out! No sense forcing pre-pharmacy students to take a different course of physics that is not included in their major requirement.

:thumbup:

I agree. Stilltrying, did you say you have an interview? Why don't you bring your information (transcript, course description print out, & syllabi for both classes if you have/can get them) & see if you can get in to speak with the CoP admissions before you leave? The interview was supposed to be over mid-afternoon, so there should be some time. My experience is that I have always had better results when interacting with college administrators face-to-face (although I have no specific MWU experience).

I agree. Stilltrying, did you say you have an interview? Why don't you bring your information (transcript, course description print out, & syllabi for both classes if you have/can get them) & see if you can get in to speak with the CoP admissions before you leave? The interview was supposed to be over mid-afternoon, so there should be some time. My experience is that I have always had better results when interacting with college administrators face-to-face (although I have no specific MWU experience).

I don't have an interview, I started a bit later towards the cycle in finishing up my supplementals, PCAT, and pharmcas, the latter 2 being completed. I agree it would be a lot easier to talk to them in person, but right now I'm waiting on an e-mail back, hopefully the fact that they didn't respond quickly means its not a straight out no.

I don't have an interview, I started a bit later towards the cycle in finishing up my supplementals, PCAT, and pharmcas, the latter 2 being completed. I agree it would be a lot easier to talk to them in person, but right now I'm waiting on an e-mail back, hopefully the fact that they didn't respond quickly means its not a straight out no.

My experiences with pharmacy admissions emailing....they most likely are not reading it LOL you should probably call and get a straight answer.

But then I never emailed this school so they could be different...could..

My experiences with pharmacy admissions emailing....they most likely are not reading it LOL you should probably call and get a straight answer.

But then I never emailed this school so they could be different...could..

They've responded to every e-mail and were actually the ones who told me to e-mail them the course descriptions.

They've responded to every e-mail and were actually the ones who told me to e-mail them the course descriptions.

Ah, then I take back my statement.

Hope you hear back soon! I think most admissions are pretty lenient as long as it's related to their course requirement. It would be outrageous if you have to retake the whole series though.

Ah, then I take back my statement.

Hope you hear back soon! I think most admissions are pretty lenient as long as it's related to their course requirement. It would be outrageous if you have to retake the whole series though.

Thanks! And yeah I agree it really would be.

I'm frustrated :(

i PM bunch of students that got accepted last year asking them to share their experiences at midwestern....ignored...:thumbdown:

Got an e-mail back and fortunately all my prereqs work so no retaking the courses.

Per Midwesterns site :
Physics (for science majors) mechanics, heat, force and motion must be included in the course
http://www.midwestern.edu/Programs_and_Admission/AZ_Pharmacy.html#Admission Requirements
(emphasis added)
I would say if you covered those 4 topics in your classes you would be good to go. Just my interpretation though.
I had good luck emailing Admissions with my course numbers and confirming they would meet the requirements.
:)

:eyebrow:
Off topic, how the heck did I get to be a senior member??
I feel even older now

lol you have hit the glorious 100 posts! The rankings here are based on the amount of time you post on the blogs since you are thus an active member.

Do you guys know the weather in Arizona at this time of the year?
Heard around 90F? That is bad news for guys walking around in suits LOL.

I just checked the weather and at 8 AM its already 76 with an expected high of 104 the next two days... and yes that means HELL for the guys in suits lol
looks like the 29th when you'll be there will be a cool 95 HAHA

Last edited:
I just checked the weather and at 8 AM its already 76 with an expected high of 104 the next two days... and yes that means HELL for the guys in suits lol
looks like the 29th when you'll be there will be a cool 95 HAHA

thanks for the hint of good news lol
but 2 weeks forecast...meh...

are you guys all ready? im not....:(

Do you guys know the weather in Arizona at this time of the year?
Heard around 90F? That is bad news for guys walking around in suits LOL.

Actually, we should be around 95 right now, but this year summer has stuck around a few extra weeks. 105 for a few days this week. Sigh.

mitsubishi1m's got it right - the weather forecast says about 95 for a high late next week. Since it's on a cooling trend, the forecast could be over/underestimating, but I wouldn't expect more than a few degrees either way. Stay tuned, the forecast should be much more accurate beginning of next week. Sometimes lower pressure zones can bring us some clouds, but I certainly wouldn't expect rain.

95 in the desert means that it will hit 95 at about 3 or 4pm, but it should still be in the 70/80s until about noon. Keep in mind that the desert usually has temperature swings of 20+ degrees throughout the day. There can be a desiccating wind that kicks up in the afternoon as it begins to cool down. There will be very little humidity, so I promise it's not as bad as it sounds (it's not like 95 in Florida, for example).

When you are here, drink more water than you want to! Drink extra for a few days when you go home, too. You may want to bring chapstick if you're from a wetter climate - even gents. I'd highly suggest sunblock. Even though I live here, I'll probably be wearing it.

I'm guessing the walking tour will be nearly first thing on the agenda, so it should still be relatively cool. It will certainly be cool indoors - the cooling systems are actually probably overkill, if it's like most buildings in AZ, especially as the weather changes.

PS, if you're planning on taking a taxi on the morning of the interview - plan on calling one. There are plenty of taxis at the airport, but in most parts of the city, you can't just stick your thumb out & get a taxi. The hotel should be able to give you a number or call one for you.

Any other "locality" questions? Any other AZ residents feel like weighing in? :D

Hey I turned in my supplemental last friday (9/16) and I was wondering how long it took to receive an interview date/message?

I turned my supplemental in on 9/9 late and got the interview invite on Saturday, 9/17 at 12:27am. I guess they didn't want me calling on Friday? :laugh:

Thanks for sharing some local weather with us...arg...
I shall wear a wetsuit underneath to lock in all the moisture LOL

I think i booked the hotel that has a shuttle to the school...hope it all works out.

Do we have a solid list of who's going on the 29th and 30th?

Nah, don't think so. We seem to only have a few people on here responding that they've gotten interviews but based on admissions stats that is because getting an interview here equals a high chance of being offered a seat. The percentage of interview to offer for the published info is 67% which is pretty nice. Closed file, 3 on 3 interview has me nervous though!!!

Thanks for sharing some local weather with us...arg...
I shall wear a wetsuit underneath to lock in all the moisture LOL

Dude! Swampback sucks. Keep your jacket on when you get back inside & it should cover it all up, right? If you sit down when you're sweating, try to sit without your back touching the chair to avoid. Swampback is no joke people! :smuggrin:

I think i booked the hotel that has a shuttle to the school...hope it all works out.

It should - I saw like two or three on the list had shuttles. You may want to call the hotel & find out what time the shuttle is, how you make sure it goes to MWU, where you catch it, etc. (you may need to tell them ahead of time).

ETA: I have no idea why they ordered the hotels the way they did on that list. It's not even by proximity, or whether they have a shuttle or not.

Do we have a solid list of who's going on the 29th and 30th?

HelloPanda22 - September 30
mitsubishi1m - September 30
wanttobepharm - September 29
xtsukiyox - September 30

Anyone else?

sigh...dreading the group interview...really nervous...you guys may think im weird.

I think each interview as about 20 people? from reading last years thread. not too sure.
or i can luck out and you guys are all 30th and ill be the only one on 29th HAHA i kid i kid