Midwestern, Glendale 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It about 20-25 minutes from campus. I'm not sure what the traffic is like during the morning commute. Unless you are getting a smoking deal in El Mirage, I think you should come a little closer.

I don't think the drive is that bad in the morning. El Mirage is really not that far from the campus. I would say it is more like 20 minutes, but the extra time would be from the weird layout of the city. Grand Ave runs north of El Mirage and cuts off access of several major streets. There is basically two ways in and out traveling west, so it can be kind of a pain. Also, there are a lot of foreclosed homes in the area, so some neighborhoods are not the best. AND, there is a stupid camera on the biggest intersection there that WILL GET YOU A TICKET AT SOME POINT!!! My husband drives up there for work often and has had 3 tickets this year alone. He now goes a different way to work. That camera actually is the highest grossing camera is Arizona, and gives out 6k tickets per month! If you find a good deal though...

Members don't see this ad.

How would an abundance of forclosed homes equate to a bad neighborhood? Wouldnt it equate to a ghost town? How is that truely bad?

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 with RxLea.

When there's an abundance of foreclosed homes selling for a low dollar amount, they are often bought as investment properties and rented out. I've had a lot of first-hand knowledge of being in neighborhoods filled primarily with renters, and several of the renters near me at one point were drug dealers and it caused a lot of safety issues. Renters also are usually not particularly concerned with improving the property or the neighborhood, as they have no vested interest since they don't own it, so that mentality can often cause areas to go downhill pretty fast, if not overnight.

I'm looking for a room to rent or someone to split a place with. I'm Asian, male, non-smoker. I'm from out of state and will be heading down this weekend (Friday 4/27 to Monday 4/30) to look for places.

Please PM me with details if you are interested.

Hey! Are you going to Midwestern?? My husband and I are AZCOM grads and are moving to Chicago for our categorical residencies. We are renting out our 3bd 2ba home with a pool and is close to school and to the 101 & I-17 highways (which was perfect during clinicals). The rent is $1350/month which includes pool and lawn maintenance. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey Everyone! I know most of you have housing arranged, but I have a room for rent in a house close to campus on 89th and Union Hills.
1500 sq ft
Three Bedroom, Two bathroom, two car garage
Desert Landscaping (AKA- no outdoor maintenance)
The room for rent is the master bedroom with a private bathroom and walk in closet (probably close to 1/3 of the total house sq footage)

NO DEPOSIT
very pet friendly- large backyard with jacuzzi
Your roommate would be a guy from the class of 2014
Rent is 550/month (negotiable) plus utilities

Contact me if you are interested! Thanks

Attachments

• imgpp.ashx.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 63
  • imgpp-5.ashx.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 63
  • imgpp-1.ashx.jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 59
I'm looking for a room to rent or someone to split a place with. I'm Asian, male, non-smoker. I'm from out of state and will be heading down this weekend (Friday 4/27 to Monday 4/30) to look for places.

Hey there, a friend of mine (CPG 15) just rented out a place in Tuscany Ridge and will be looking for a roommate. Let me know if you are interested, or PM me with your email and I will forward it to him! He doesn't mind a girl or guy, and I'm sure he would like to talk to you in regards to whether you would get along or not. This applies to everybody. Rent would be in the realm of 400/mo +/- $30 (includes water, but not other utilities)

Hey, everyone! So quiet lately! I just officially withdrew my seat at MWU-CPG, so good luck to those of you who are waiting! I'm sad to leave such a great group, but I'm excited for all of us and our new journey! Good luck, everyone!! :)

Hey guys,

My roommate and I are students of Midwestern University currently living in a 2 bedroom apartment in the San Lagos complex, right across the street from campus. Our lease will be up soon and we are looking for 2 students who would be able to move in either late May or June 1st.

This is a great location, convenient, and the apartment has a beautiful lake view with plentiful scenery. If interested or have further questions, I will be more than happy to answer you. Please respond to this thread.

Thank you and congratulations on your acceptance!

Hi, I just posted in this thread. We have a two bedroom apartment in San Lagos that will be available starting late May/ June 1st. If you are interested or have more questions, please message me.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi, I just posted in this thread. We have a two bedroom apartment in San Lagos that will be available starting late May/ June 1st. If you are interested or have more questions, please message me.

Hey guys,

What cable/internet service do you guys use in Phoenix?

I've been pricing out Cox, Qwest/CenturyLink, and DirectTV. They all seem pretty expensive and I have heard that CenturyLink has weak internet services.

Any input appreciated.

Also, how far does the school's wireless signal reach? If someone was living across the street in San Lagos or San Prado could it be picked up?

Hey guys,

What cable/internet service do you guys use in Phoenix?

I've been pricing out Cox, Qwest/CenturyLink, and DirectTV. They all seem pretty expensive and I have heard that CenturyLink has weak internet services.

Any input appreciated.

Also, how far does the school's wireless signal reach? If someone was living across the street in San Lagos or San Prado could it be picked up?

I would go with Cox for internet. I've had both Cox and Qwest...Qwest was slow and their customer service was terrible. I have Directv for satellite and it's awesome.

I agree on Cox, my experience with Century Link (back when it was Qwest) was very slow Internet service. Can't say anything about direct tv though.

I live at San Lagos, and I've had centurylink (Qwest) this whole time. In the whole year, I've only had one minor hiccup which was resolved within 30 minutes. I'm going to keep with it.

Hey! Are you going to Midwestern?? My husband and I are AZCOM grads and are moving to Chicago for our categorical residencies. We are renting out our 3bd 2ba home with a pool and is close to school and to the 101 & I-17 highways (which was perfect during clinicals). The rent is $1250/month which includes pool and lawn maintenance. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.

I just got off the waitlist on Tuesday (May 15) and could not be any more excited/relieved! I got a personal call from Dr. Dietrich too which was awesome that he takes the time out of his day to make people happy.

I had a couple quick questions though.

First, we have orientation May 30th, does anyone know if there is a dress code? A lot of schools have shirt and tie orientations, I was wondering if we are like that as well. I don't want to be the only jerk there wearing a tee shirt lol.

Also, do you know if we have to do any health screenings and submit proof of immunizations? Since I was taken off the wait list so late I feel like I'm lacking a lot of information that other students already received from MWU.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting you all in person!

I just got off the waitlist on Tuesday (May 15) and could not be any more excited/relieved! I got a personal call from Dr. Dietrich too which was awesome that he takes the time out of his day to make people happy.

First, we have orientation May 30th, does anyone know if there is a dress code? A lot of schools have shirt and tie orientations, I was wondering if we are like that as well. I don't want to be the only jerk there wearing a tee shirt lol.

Also, do you know if we have to do any health screenings and submit proof of immunizations? Since I was taken off the wait list so late I feel like I'm lacking a lot of information that other students already received from MWU.

Hey bud. Congrats on the acceptance.

To answer your second question, yes we do need to submit proof of immunizations and get a blood titer done to check for antibodies. We also need to have a physical done.

Log into your Midwestern account and click on the different tabs and you will see the stuff that you need to do. Officially they say we need our physical and immunizations prior to orientation, but I was told by faculty and students that we have a 30-day grace period to get everything done.

If you have any questions or need a point in the right direction contact Student Services, they have been very helpful.

Generally speaking, I recall dressing "professionally" for the first day. That doesnt necessarily mean a suit, but I'd suggest slacks and a nice shirt to start. You can choose whether you would like to wear a tie or not. If anything, you can ask your classmates to see what they will be wearing. As for the regular class attendance, it's definetely fine to wear shorts/ tshirts etc as long as it isn't offensive (just be logical with what you wear).

Congrats on your acceptance, join your class on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/MWUCPG2015/

-Now a P2! =)

Just got my acceptance email and phone call today. Needless to say, amazing day.

Sent from my DROID Pro using SDN Mobile

Welcome to the class Tom069 and ASU2012 !
The facebook page for the class is a great resource , come join us !

Hi,

I have 1 more year in community college with my prerequisite. Now what is my next step I still have to take PCAT but haven' t taken Organic Chem and it was recommended to me to take it last bc there is alot on Organic chem on PCAT..is this true? Once I finish prerequisites then I guess I take Pcat them apply to Midwestern University in Glendale correct? Do I start application pharmcas a year ahead or 6 months before deadline? What would you recommend? So once I sighn up with Pharmcas do I have a limited amount of time to hand in documents or do I get all the way up to the deadline. When do application open for Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ?

I greatly appreciated I just want to make sure I am on track. :):D

Hi,

I have 1 more year in community college with my prerequisite. Now what is my next step I still have to take PCAT but haven' t taken Organic Chem and it was recommended to me to take it last bc there is alot on Organic chem on PCAT..is this true? Once I finish prerequisites then I guess I take Pcat them apply to Midwestern University in Glendale correct? Do I start application pharmcas a year ahead or 6 months before deadline? What would you recommend? So once I sighn up with Pharmcas do I have a limited amount of time to hand in documents or do I get all the way up to the deadline. When do application open for Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ?

I greatly appreciated I just want to make sure I am on track. :):D

It is required of you to take an entire year of organic chemistry. I would start the PharmCAS process as soon as it opens and you have all the time in the world until the deadline of the individual schools you apply to. I recommend completing what you can as soon as possible. Definetely do your research here before you dive in head first. Look up Midwestern online, see all the prerequisites, etc. I wish you luck.

-P2

yeah sure

GPA : 3.64 from CC, no BS yet
PCAT : hold when no PCAT available. Sep PCAT is 89
Toelf score : 81 (i had no idea that i have to take this until MCSHP Worcester sent me letter telling I need this..totally screw it esp speaking part because I was jammed in a room of 20ish students mostly fobs T_T They speak so loud and I got distracted easily. I'm a fob myself too but ...consider older fob ahah)
PTCB , work at retail since 2.2011 (ave 26hrs/week), volunteer at hospital 9.2008 - 4.2010

I applied to both Glendale and Chicago but only Glendale sent me "hold for potential future interview letter" letter mail last month

Hi,
Thank you for sharing your status. It was great. I'm going to apply for MCPHS the Fall 2014. I don't have BS too :( All I'm doing now is just finishing the perquisite. Did you finish all the perquisite list at the time they called you for interview? Right now I still have 6 courses left, which I'm going to take during the Fall 13 and Spring 14. I wonder if is there any chance that they will call me for interview at beginning of the interview section (around October) while I still have few courses left? :scared: really hate the waiting game. I have been counting everyday since I plan to apply for this school..:cry::cry:

Last edited: