Midwestern International Student Policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RIShrat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have received an email from Midwestern about their new international students tuition policy. It asks to pay the full 4-year tuition at the beginning of the first year. I confirmed this with them, and I think it's absolutely ridiculous. They told me if I agree with this policy, then they would like to interview me because my application looks good. I am Canadian, and I would be expected to pay approximately $140,000. It's seems so sketchy, and I would like to know what other international students have done about MWU. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

I have received an email from Midwestern about their new international students tuition policy. It asks to pay the full 4-year tuition at the beginning of the first year. I confirmed this with them, and I think it's absolutely ridiculous. They told me if I agree with this policy, then they would like to interview me because my application looks good. I am Canadian, and I would be expected to pay approximately $140,000. It's seems so sketchy, and I would like to know what other international students have done about MWU. Please let me know.

Thanks!

I also think this is a bunch of crap! I'm from Canada. My brother found out 3 days before interviewing for dental school at Midwestern that he had to pay over 300,000 up front before he started school. Likes seriously, who the crap can even do that? Maybe if you have some insanely rich parents, but probably 90% of international students can do this. My personal opinion is that what they are trying to say is that they don't particularily like working with international students. I mean, why is that necessary to pay all of their tuition upfront? It's ridiculous and if I were you I would plan on interviewing at different schools. Sorry for the negative attitude, but both my brother and I have got screwed over because of this new policy. Hopefully you can find some more positive comments about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
MWU Fine print:
Pay now, service provided later. Batteries not included.:rolleyes:

I think you should scratch midwestern and apply to other schools with more reasonable policies. Im 99% sure that public optometry schools (SUNY, Berkeley etc..) have not adapted this type of unreasonable policy.

This might require you to apply next cycle, retake the OAT etc...but the costs for all of that are significantly lower and the outcome is much better imo.

I think you should scratch midwestern and apply to other schools with more reasonable policies. Im 99% sure that public optometry schools (SUNY, Berkeley etc..) have not adapted this type of unreasonable policy.

This might require you to apply next cycle, retake the OAT etc...but the costs for all of that are significantly lower and the outcome is much better imo.

Time to look at other schools. That isn't worth it.