Program-Specific Info / Q's Midwestern University Admissions- Glendale... Who Survived/ Who's Applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes the Illinois campus.
I recieved an email inviting me to an interview, but was told to login on their website and choose a date. I'll let you know how everything goes :)
I read these forums frequently and haven't yet seen anyone else posting about an interview at the Downer's Grove campus, so I'm sure they have many more interviews to come!

I was notified through email of an interview request this morning (for Downers Grove). The only interview date they had up there was Tuesday Nov 4th. I'm from out of state so that may be tricky and I may have to withdrawal. Let me know how their interviews are!

Members don't see this ad.

When did you submit? I submitted on the 9/11 but they emailed me that they received everything on the second.

When did you submit? I submitted on the 9/11 but they emailed me that they received everything on the second.
I submitted either late July or early August. My OTCAS application was verified August 9th and I received an email from Midwestern on the 12th.

Members don't see this ad :)

I submitted my application 8/28, was verified 9/12. 9/16 I got an email from Midwestern saying that they received all my materials. Interview request 10/8.

If I don't hear anything soon I think I'm going to explode...:confused:

If I don't hear anything soon I think I'm going to explode...:confused:

Double check you MWU net page and click on interview scheduling. I didn't get an email but I logged on to check it. Mine was changed a few hours ago saying I am invited for an interview but there are no interview dates available. It says they will contact me when more dates become available. I am hoping this doesn't mean that the class is almost full already.

Double check you MWU net page and click on interview scheduling. I didn't get an email but I logged on to check it. Mine was changed a few hours ago saying I am invited for an interview but there are no interview dates available. It says they will contact me when more dates become available. I am hoping this doesn't mean that the class is almost full already.
For Glendale campus? I still got nothing… :(

For Glendale campus? I still got nothing… :(

Yes, for the Glendale campus. Don't worry...I'm sure you will hear something soon. I really hope there's still spots open!! Have you heard back from any other programs? The waiting game is dreadful.

BTW looneybird77, I just sent you a message

Reactions: 1 user

When was your OTCAS application verified. Do you mind if I ask what your stats are? Thanks!

When was your OTCAS application verified. Do you mind if I ask what your stats are? Thanks!

I submitted my application on 09/15 and it was verified on 10/03

Basic stats:
OTCAS GPA: 3.7
Prerequisite GPA: 3.83
OT shadowing: 130 hours

Not sure if you wanted to know all of my experience and stuff. Feel free to message me if you're interested in more than what I just posted.

@jas22492 Did you apply to Midwestern?

I submitted either late July or early August. My OTCAS application was verified August 9th and I received an email from Midwestern on the 12th.
What types of questions were you asked?

Members don't see this ad :)
They were pretty basic, more conversational to get to know you.
"Tell me about yourself"
"Why OT"
Questions about leadership and advocacy

You can send me a message if you have more questions :)
I really hope you get an interview invitation soon!

I got an update this morning on my app. I am on the waitlist for an invite to interview. Glimmer of hope holding strong...

Reactions: 1 users
I got an update this morning on my app. I am on the waitlist for an invite to interview. Glimmer of hope holding strong...

A spot on the wait list for interviews is better than a rejection! My application was verified by OTCAS by 9/16 and Midwestern AZ and IL received by application on 9/17 and I still haven't heard anything. I am sure people apply and then commit elsewhere and give up their interview spots. Hopefully you will back hear soon, it seems like they are filling spots quickly!

A spot on the wait list for interviews is better than a rejection! My application was verified by OTCAS by 9/16 and Midwestern AZ and IL received by application on 9/17 and I still haven't heard anything. I am sure people apply and then commit elsewhere and give up their interview spots. Hopefully you will back hear soon, it seems like they are filling spots quickly!

Downers Grove will send you an email for in interview invite but Glendale won't...just an fyi!

What does wait list for interviews mean exactly?

Pretty sure it means they like me and see potential but I didn't WOW them like other candidates did on paper. So they get interviews first. But I'm not in the garbage can so I got that going for me...which is nice. :p

Reactions: 1 users
Oh I see @looneybird77! I'm glad that you were given this opportunity. Hopefully when I apply I'll be considered as well. Good luck to you! I'm hoping in the next few weeks you'll update all of us with an interview date.

Its been 11 days since I made my profile for Midwestern in AZ and I still haven't heard back..How long did it take for everyone else to hear back? Getting kind of nervous!

Its been 11 days since I made my profile for Midwestern in AZ and I still haven't heard back..How long did it take for everyone else to hear back? Getting kind of nervous!

They don't email you if you are invited so be sure to check your MWU account everyday (or even several times a day)!! I'm hoping that everyone who is still waiting will get some good news soon. Good luck :)

I was sitting at 17 days when I finally emailed for an update.

I was sitting at 17 days when I finally emailed for an update.

So you emailed them and then they gave you an update on your application? I've just been waiting but its been a month since they have received all my transcripts/OTCAS application. What did you say when you emailed them? Im just debating if I should wait or ask for an update.

So you emailed them and then they gave you an update on your application? I've just been waiting but its been a month since they have received all my transcripts/OTCAS application. What did you say when you emailed them? Im just debating if I should wait or ask for an update.

I bet you are on the waitlist for invite to interview as well if you haven't heard anything at all. I just asked about how I would be notified and that I had heard people applying to Downers Grove getting email invites but Glendale wasn't and asked how the process worked. I included my Midwestern ID # and they were nice enough to look up the status for me. I wouldn't be afraid to ask, it shows that you are engaged and serious about wanting to get in...I think.

I did email them again today asking how the process works getting off the waitlist and getting an interview with the whole rolling admissions process. I want to be a squeeky wheel, but not an annoying one! :angelic:

Thanks!

The interview process was formal, but very relaxed. Dress in a formal suit (avoid black)- grey or navy. Though the questions varied slightly between interviews (and they likely will @ Downer's Grove), be prepared to answer: Why OT? What is OT to you? Can you share a positive experience from your shadow experience? - Things you would expect them to ask. It was honestly more of a friendly conversation than a stern questioning.

Relax, and sell yourself- you made it this far.

Good luck!
How long was the interview and what time

I have a interview coming up on the the 29th how long is the interview process and what time does it start.

I have a interview coming up on the the 29th how long is the interview process and what time does it start.

The welcome and overview started at 8am. The actual interviews started at 9am, but there's no telling what order they are in. It all wraps up around 1pm.

*sigh* still waiting to hear for the application that I completed on 10-3. No news....
Figuring I am waitlisted....

*sigh* still waiting to hear for the application that I completed on 10-3. No news....
Figuring I am waitlisted....
Have you tried emailing admissions? I got an actual letter in the mail last week notifying me that I had been waitlisted.

Hi all,

Has anyone received an update on Midwestern from either campuses? I received an email from both AZ and IL saying my application has been received and processed on 10/22. I wonder if the classes are filled or when the next interview sessions are.. any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I interviewed Sept 4th & got in too! Is that the only school you have heard from?

I interviewed Sept 4th & got in too! Is that the only school you have heard from?
Sorry for the late reply. I've been super busy this semester!

I applied to 4 schools, heard back from 3, and ended up taking MWU Glendale's offer. I never did hear back from AT Still even after completing the supplementary application, which I thought was strange... But it doesn't matter since MWU was my among my top picks!