Waitlist c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the-cat-whisperer

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it be a good idea to start a thread for those of us on waitlists. It’s incredibly confusing and frustrating so let’s talk about it🤣 currently waitlisted OOS at Oregon State.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on the interview waitlist for Kansas. Like, what are the odds of getting an interview much less an acceptance? 😵‍💫

I'm on the interview waitlist for Kansas. Like, what are the odds of getting an interview much less an acceptance? 😵‍💫
Same- I read somewhere that they interview waitlist more people than they interview or deny so I'm personally considering it a soft rejection, but it'd be a fantastic surprise and I'd absolutely drive 12 hours on short notice lol

Members don't see this ad :)
currently waitlisted at midwestern and oregon and waiting to hear back from 7 other schools but after 3 rejections in a row im starting to sweat a lot more

Same- I read somewhere that they interview waitlist more people than they interview or deny so I'm personally considering it a soft rejection, but it'd be a fantastic surprise and I'd absolutely drive 12 hours on short notice lol
Yep that's basically what I'm doing. Already reaching out for my eLORs for next year!

Reactions: 1 user
I am still on the wait list for Kansas. It's currently driving me a bit crazy because what if there's an off-chance I get invited last minute? 😅

OOS alternate list for UofF and LSU… does anyone know how many ppl are on these lists and if they have a history of moving at all? TIA!

OOS waitlisted at CSU, WSU, and UofF at the moment, if any current vet students are checking these threads and have any info. on how the waitlists move at these schools- would highly appreciate any insight!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS waitlisted at CSU, WSU, and UofF at the moment, if any current vet students are checking these threads and have any info. on how the waitlists move at these schools- would highly appreciate any insight!
accepted into Davis and will be committing
I will be removing myself from Colorado, WSU, and Florida waitlist

Reactions: 3 users
I emailed WSU for an update on my waitlist rank, and they emailed back that they will not be providing updated rankings, and we will only hear from them if we are offered a position in the class. Sort of bummed, because I was planning on using that information to figure out when to reject/accept other schools that have accepted me.

OOS OK state alternate list. I think it's the same as a waitlist but they said they cannot give out alternate ranks due to student privacy. I called for more information but they said it doesn't really matter where you rank because last year, they didn't take anyone from the alternate list and vice versa; other years they got to almost the bottom.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I emailed WSU for an update on my waitlist rank, and they emailed back that they will not be providing updated rankings, and we will only hear from them if we are offered a position in the class. Sort of bummed, because I was planning on using that information to figure out when to reject/accept other schools that have accepted me.
Same boat here, I would stick to the accepted schools since there's no guarantee for WSU

How do waitlists work with the deadline to accept at other schools? I was waitlisted (#19) at UMN, and they won't update that list until 15 Apr, which is the deadline I have to accept my spot at CSU. Is it frowned upon to accept a spot at one school, but then decline if you get off the waitlist at another?

For clarity, I'd love to go to CSU, but UMN would be cheaper for me, so I'd really just like to know if it's still an option or not.

How do waitlists work with the deadline to accept at other schools? I was waitlisted (#19) at UMN, and they won't update that list until 15 Apr, which is the deadline I have to accept my spot at CSU. Is it frowned upon to accept a spot at one school, but then decline if you get off the waitlist at another?

For clarity, I'd love to go to CSU, but UMN would be cheaper for me, so I'd really just like to know if it's still an option or not.
I was wondering about this, too. I know schools usually have a non-refundable deposit so I'm assuming if you accept then decline you'd lose that money. But I'm just wondering how it works/if it's common.

I was wondering about this, too. I know schools usually have a non-refundable deposit so I'm assuming if you accept then decline you'd lose that money. But I'm just wondering how it works/if it's common.
It's very common for applicants who are accepted at multiple to do this if they are still deciding where to go. I did it myself last year to make sure I had a seat somewhere and then I was pulled off my top programs waitlist right after the deadline so I did not get my money back but it took a weight off my shoulders that I had a seat guaranteed. If you choose to decline and go to a different school you just send the school an email stating that you have decided to accept a different offer and will be declining your seat and that's when they will pull someone off of the waitlist.
But yes, it's very common and accepted for applicants to do this. This is also why there is such a spike of waitlist acceptances after the deadline which is when the lists will start really moving!

Reactions: 7 users

It’s very common to do this but you just lose your security deposit. If you are willing to lose that money def put the deposit down and wait for the waitlist decision bc then you for sure have somewhere to go in the fall even if the waitlist doesn’t work out

Reactions: 3 users
hi all! I'm currently waitlisted at Davis (#19) and UF (OOS)... just got rejected from Wisconsin, so getting off the waitlist at Davis or UF is my last hope. does anyone know how much these waitlists tend to move? I just want to get some idea about if there is any chance of being called off for either of them?

Hey! I am currently waitlisted at ISU and was wondering if letters of intent were a big thing for veterinary schools? I have seen a current ISU student that was previously waitlisted there recommend it, but I don't want to send it if it will just clog their email and annoy the admissions committee. I've gotten some great experience since submitting my VMCAS and would love to update them on my work if they do accept letters of intent!

hi all! I'm currently waitlisted at Davis (#19) and UF (OOS)... just got rejected from Wisconsin, so getting off the waitlist at Davis or UF is my last hope. does anyone know how much these waitlists tend to move? I just want to get some idea about if there is any chance of being called off for either of them?
I would imagine that as April 15th approaches, the waitlists will start to move quickly. People are still waiting to hear from some schools before finalizing their decisions.

I'm waitlisted at Kansas and NC State and got rejected from my in state (OKSU). I wish there was a way of telling weather or not you had a chance of being pulled off the waitlist. Kansas doesn't even tell you how many people there are :(

I'm waitlisted at Kansas and NC State and got rejected from my in state (OKSU). I wish there was a way of telling weather or not you had a chance of being pulled off the waitlist. Kansas doesn't even tell you how many people there are :(
Waitlisted at Kansas too so I feel your anguish 100%. Waitlisted at LIU but I probably will decline since Long Island is soooo expensive. Waiting to hear back from tOSU and Mississippi State. I think I’ll be hearing back from them starting tomorrow :)

Waitlisted Iowa. They are supposed to tell us what our position number on the list is on March 31. Anyone know if they may begin pulling people off of it prior to this?

Waitlisted Iowa. They are supposed to tell us what our position number on the list is on March 31. Anyone know if they may begin pulling people off of it prior to this?
In my experience, no not really, and if they do it's like right before the april 15th deadline but definitely after they make the waitlist rankings.

I doubt they will pull anyone before March 15 because the alternate form is not due until then so they can’t really start pulling until that list is finalized so they give themselves about 2 weeks to generate the list and start calling after those rankings are finalized.

I doubt they will pull anyone before March 15 because the alternate form is not due until then so they can’t really start pulling until that list is finalized so they give themselves about 2 weeks to generate the list and start calling after those rankings are finalized.
Makes sense. Thank you!

IS waitlisted for tOSU, I’m happy someone made a thread for those of us in this boat. It’s really nice to have others to commiserate with 😅

IS waitlisted for tOSU, I’m happy someone made a thread for those of us in this boat. It’s really nice to have others to commiserate with 😅
Same, IS #6 at tOSU! Do you mind sharing your spot? I know I’ve seen #2 and #7 on this forum so far!

Waitlisted at VMCVM. They share our ranking on April 1st 🥲

Waitlisted OOS at Iowa with no acceptances so far, I know what’s going to be will be but that doesn’t stop me from being crazy anxious 😬

edit: now LMU as well!

Last edited:
Same, IS #6 at tOSU! Do you mind sharing your spot? I know I’ve seen #2 and #7 on this forum so far!
The #2 is me actually, I’m crossing my fingers for both us!!!

How many people usually get off the WSU IS waitlist or in state waitlists in general?

How many people usually get off the WSU IS waitlist or in state waitlists in general?
I’m also curious about this. I was waitlisted at my IS as well.
I’ve been waitlisted at two schools and have had no acceptances at the other schools I applied to, so I’m trying to stay positive and not lose hope!

I’m also curious about this. I was waitlisted at my IS as well.
I’ve been waitlisted at two schools and have had no acceptances at the other schools I applied to, so I’m trying to stay positive and not lose hope!
Unfortunately this really depends year to year. So there is no way to say for sure. Everyone told me Arizona's wait-list moved a lot and then it barely moved last year. So it can change

Hello, Im an IS waitlist for UF and they don't share the rank number. Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted from the IS waitlist or how long that waitlist might be? Thanks!

Hello, Im an IS waitlist for UF and they don't share the rank number. Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted from the IS waitlist or how long that waitlist might be? Thanks!
Same. Anyone else here on the UF IS waitlist? I cant find anything on likelihood of getting in.