MOC questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radiaterMike

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I understood how the ABR OLA MOC questions are handled but after reading the FAQ I am more confused. Is there any benefit to answering more than 52 questions per year other than getting your performance evaluation sooner ? The web site mentions the need to answer 52 questions per year, but never mentions being done with it if you answer enough questions. I (maybe erroneously) assumed that if you answer more than 52 per year you would be done sooner and not have to do any more until the next cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought I understood how the ABR OLA MOC questions are handled but after reading the FAQ I am more confused. Is there any benefit to answering more than 52 questions per year other than getting your performance evaluation sooner ? The web site mentions the need to answer 52 questions per year, but never mentions being done with it if you answer enough questions. I (maybe erroneously) assumed that if you answer more than 52 per year you would be done sooner and not have to do any more until the next cycle.
Nope. Answered all the questions last year in hopes they would leave me alone this year. It just reset and had to answer more questions for 2021.

But ABR seems to change their mind about this useless MOC every year.

Reactions: 1 users
I am in the same boat, but I thought 200 questions was the magic number you had to reach, But it sounds like 200 questions just gets you your evaluation sooner. But it still isnt clear if there is a minimum number you need to do to be compliant or if it is simply 52 per year (in which case doing more seems like a waste of time!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I plan to retire before I die. I hope you have that opportunity as well.

The fact that it is unclear whether or not there is a benefit to answering more than a minimum is appalling.

Cant we simply pay our extortion dues and answer a set # of questions (as any typical exam would entail). Maybe that is the case, but it is not clear. Either way someone has to fund that $8 million oceanfront home.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Nope. Answered all the questions last year in hopes they would leave me alone this year. It just reset and had to answer more questions for 2021.

But ABR seems to change their mind about this useless MOC every year.
stopped after the yearly quote is done. they give the option of not being emailed again until the next year. took that...

Reactions: 4 users
These questions are such a minor nuisance and I've had severe multiple choice withdrawal having been out in practice for so long. I just do them and bank the mini-dopamine hit from answering both correctly for use when the admins come around to talk.

Reactions: 3 users