MOC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maforce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the screen shot off of ABR website. According to this, SA-CME is not required for the first three years? Year 4 is the Full Annual Review...anyone know what those would entail. I am trying to figure if I could apply the SA-CME credits accumulated during the first three years to year 4 and beyond. Appreciate any inputs.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• MOC.jpg
    MOC.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 61
There is a 3 year lookback which is why there is no requirement in the 1st 3 years. You need 25 credits accrued in the past 3 years, every year going forward. You can choose to do all 25 in one year but it is probably more sane to do 7-8 per year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the link. How do you send the MOC credit to ABR? I completed one of the modules. It gives you AMA PRA credit but MOC towards ABIM only. In fact, it asks for the six digit ABIM number. I tried to enter my ABR five digit number but the website didn't take it. Appreciate your input.

You don't need to send your CME credits to the ABR. To comply with MOC requirements, you simply attest each year to meeting the requirements. You do this by logging on to the myABR portal and clicking a button stating that you've done the CME. You don't need to upload a record of the actual CME activities completed, but you need to keep records yourself in case you're audited.

ABR: Frequently asked questions
See "How do I attest to meeting MOC requirements?" and "How do I enter my CME or PQI information?"

Thank you for the link. How do you send the MOC credit to ABR? I completed one of the modules. It gives you AMA PRA credit but MOC towards ABIM only. In fact, it asks for the six digit ABIM number. I tried to enter my ABR five digit number but the website didn't take it. Appreciate your input.
Keep a record. I upload my certificates to a cloud account and a hard drive locally.

It will only come up if you're audited. In fact abr got rid of the system a few years ago where you used to upload things

I assume the MyABR website just tells you when you have attestations to make, and if everything is "Green" (as opposed to red), you're in compliance.

So I've started to do the Research to Practice courses as everyone has recommended.

The first one I completed with a self-assessment quiz gave 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit and I spent that amount of time watching the lecture.

Does this count as 2.25 SA-CME or 1 SA-CME since there was just 1 test at the end of it?

Anyone have any sense of how to count this?

So I've started to do the Research to Practice courses as everyone has recommended.

The first one I completed with a self-assessment quiz gave 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit and I spent that amount of time watching the lecture.

Does this count as 2.25 SA-CME or 1 SA-CME since there was just 1 test at the end of it?

Anyone have any sense of how to count this?

2.25 SA-CME

Reactions: 1 user
I believe anything with a post-test can be counted as SA-CME

Any good recent Neil Love lectures pertinent to us? A few years back, I remember, there was quite some chemo selling going on in them.

a related question - whats the best refreshers for when you are out in practice for a while. Feel like I want some more updates/refreshers on whats going on academically. Also, whats a good way to get better education when it comes to treatment planning/dosimetry/producing good treatment plans?