Modesto CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tdub878

Reaction score
Full time permanent job. Start $600k w2. Full benefits plus $40k 401k. Full family health insurance, etc. 6 weeks off. Flexible schedule. 2 in house calls per month. 1 weekend per month. 2 yrs partnership. No buy on. Partners $600-750k. Pls pm.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Production based plus bonus as partners

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t know why folks don’t consider the income differential during the track a buy in. One of my buddies used to work at an abusive place. A bunch of non partner track folks. 4 years to partner. “Fair and equal from day 1” for call and case load. Partner “buy in” was “only $10k”. Oh yeah, don’t look over here but the income differential over the 4 years was $1.5M.
They took $1.5M in income from the people on the track and had the stones to charge a $10k buy in at the end. He tried to hire me and let’s just say I wasn’t impressed. It wasn’t exactly paradise either, well maybe for the partners.

It’s a production based comp for partners. Can earn more than 600k first year. But minimum is 600k, regardless of year 1 production.

Getting paid less than partners is a buy-in.
Also LOL at 6 weeks and 600k for Modesto....
600 k is minimum. Range is dependent on work/shift preference. 6 weeks is minimum. No max. 600k is cash. Does not include significant benefits (health, malpractice, business $$, 401k, etc).

I know we crap on jobs a lot here, but this seems a bit harsh. Lots of unknowns that could make this a good (not amazing, but most jobs aren’t) vs bad job. Supervision (high vs low ratio) vs own cases, call intensity and average hours a week.

600k W-2 with full 401k + health/malpractice/payroll + overhead cut might be ~750k 1099 gross billings equivalent which is a good chunk of change. After partner maybe ~800-825k 1099 gross equivalent.

A lot of groups I’ve seen will talk about pre-overhead/benefits figures which quickly becomes ~20% less after benefits/overhead. And of course not all W-2 have generous benefits either.

Reactions: 5 users
why are associates not production based comp?
They are. But have a guaranteed 600k base as a minimum floor. First year can make a lot more of they want to work more. Generally speaking there is a period of acclamation for new grads but they have access to same cases/calls/and of course payor mix is same for all.

Reactions: 1 users
They are. But have a guaranteed 600k base as a minimum floor. First year can make a lot more of they want to work more. Generally speaking there is a period of acclamation for new grads but they have access to same cases/calls/and of course payor mix is same for all.
If pay is the same for partners vs. new starts from day 1, thats a different story than your initial post. Assuming both new starts and partners work the same amount, do both get the same pay? (assume no floor/minimum)

Sounds pretty good. I don’t know why people are s—-ing on it. At least 600k plus benefits for 50 hours is a lot more than most jobs pay, other than on sdn where everyone makes 7 figures.

Reactions: 1 user