Monash Medical School 2016 entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aslank

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

This is a thread for all those who accepted Monash Medical School for next year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i wonder if one needs a car to live in Gippsland...

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think having a car would certainly help getting to gippsland for the first year anyway. I understand there is a Vline service that takes people from the city to churchill, so for those who may be unable to get a car that is certainly an option.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello guys. I was wondering if anyone could please help me get an idea what to expect for the interview part and how the SJT would most likely be like. I just got accepted for an interview

Hey everybody,

This is a thread for all those who accepted Monash Medical School for next year.
Hello, I got accepted at Monash medical school course "bachelor of medical science and doctor of medicine." My question is, will we be able to be a practicing physician when I come back to America?

Also, international students are not guaranteed internship, so if we dont get internship, then what will happen? How long will we have to wait to re apply for internship?

Hello, I got accepted at Monash medical school course "bachelor of medical science and doctor of medicine." My question is, will we be able to be a practicing physician when I come back to America?

Also, international students are not guaranteed internship, so if we dont get internship, then what will happen? How long will we have to wait to re apply for internship?

Shouldn't you have figured out whether you can be a practicing physician back in America before applying and getting accepted?

All Australian universities are accredited and thus you can be a practicing physician back in the U.S. provided you pass U.S. licensing exams, i.e. step 1, 2, 3 and apply and gain a residency. You would try and do some away electives in the U.S. if you could in your 4th year. Generally speaking it is harder to gain residency as an international medical graduate, especially for more competitive specialties, but not impossible.

But its not as competative as compared to me graduating from a carribean school for example right?

But its not as competative as compared to me graduating from a carribean school for example right?

depends who you ask. Carib schools give you 2 years in the states of rotations in your 3rd and 4th year which is helpful. I personally think any of the australian schools are better, but thats just me.

So how it works is, first year is all books, then years 2-4 is at the hospital. When is then proper time for me to take the USMLE step one? Also, is there a specific time or month I have to apply to take the USMLE or I can take it any time of the month? Thank you.