money problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJcandy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I will be attending an American medical school comming fall and I need to know where I can get my hands on some money for tuition. I'm Canadian, does anyone know what's the best plan in term of finances for us? What loan programs give us the most money with least interest rates?

Thank you so very much in advance for those of you who are willing offer your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

JJcandy said:
Hey guys, I will be attending an American medical school comming fall and I need to know where I can get my hands on some money for tuition. I'm Canadian, does anyone know what's the best plan in term of finances for us? What loan programs give us the most money with least interest rates?

Thank you so very much in advance for those of you who are willing offer your advice.

Hey JJcandy

Congratulations, on your acceptance.
You can look into private loans. I got mine from TERI with an interest rate at around 7.75% (I know this is quite high, but if anyone has found a better deal, please let us know. Thanks). Check this out. http://www.edupass.org/finaid/loans.phtml. You can apply for Canada's Federal and Provincial student loans but they don't give you much, unfortunately. I heard that you could get a substantial amount of loans from RBC. Now, the only disadvantage is that you have to pay them the monthly interest; whereas the US private loan companies such as TERI will let you defer paying interest while you're in school. However, you'll need to have an American cosigner with a good credit history. You need to shop around a bit to find out the best interest rate and what's best for you. You should also speak with the financial counsellors at your American school. I'm sure they can at least give you some helpful info regarding loans. Good luck.