months before starting med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cziffra

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, for those of you who are already in med school, if you have the chance to re-start med school again, and have half a year or so of free time, how would you spend the time to better prepare yourself for the course?

Do you think it would help to read through textbooks of anatomy, physiology and biochemistry only? Up until now, I believe that those are the 3 primary subjects that give one a solid foundation in medicine. I could be wrong...

Any idea? :D

Members don't see this ad.

You could read, and those would be good choices, but I think many would say take that time and do something different and fun, since it will be a long time before you have that much time off again. For example, several of the int'ls at UQ toured around SE Asia before coming here. I visited a number of friends and family who have spread out across the US.

-pitman

the pace in medical school is so fast that any reading you do now will likely be forgotten or swept through in the first few weeks. I would spend my last weeks before school relaxing and enjoying myself.