Moonlighting question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weirdomikey014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am moonlighting as a house officer in the evening after my normal residency hours under my own license at a community hospital. However, during these shifts the ED physicians admits to medicine Dr's at the hospital. Pt with Hyponatremia 110's. I brought it up to low 120s over twelve hours. Wasn't normalized by the am. Morning medicine Dr's don't consult neph or endocrine. Sends home pt without further correction. Don't see a discharge summary with instructions for follow up or water restriction etc. Should I do anything? Call patient or anything?

Members don't see this ad.

I am moonlighting as a house officer in the evening after my normal residency hours under my own license at a community hospital. However, during these shifts the ED physicians admits to medicine Dr's at the hospital. Pt with Hyponatremia 110's. I brought it up to low 120s over twelve hours. Wasn't normalized by the am. Morning medicine Dr's don't consult neph or endocrine. Sends home pt without further correction. Don't see a discharge summary with instructions for follow up or water restriction etc. Should I do anything? Call patient or anything?
I wouldn't expect it to be corrected by the am. I don't think IM needs to consult neph or endo for that. The discharge summary will like be written shortly with follow up in his office. I would not stress over it.