Morehouse MSMS Program 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSuzieCarmichael

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This is just a thread for people who have applied to Morehouses MSMS program for 2024. I didn’t see any new threads, so I wanted to start one or support and conversation! I had my interview about a month ago and I’m just waiting to hear back.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone,
This is just a thread for people who have applied to Morehouses MSMS program for 2024. I didn’t see any new threads, so I wanted to start one or support and conversation! I had my interview about a month ago and I’m just waiting to hear back.
How was the interview? What type of questions did they ask? And how long did it take to hear back?

The interview was an all day thing. It was very informal it was kind of information session as well where you could ask students questions as well as they asked you questions. They really just want to get to know you. I interviewed in February and I haven’t heard anything back yet so I will let you know when I do.

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview was an all day thing. It was very informal it was kind of information session as well where you could ask students questions as well as they asked you questions. They really just want to get to know you. I interviewed in February and I haven’t heard anything back yet so I will let you know when I do.
Hi! I also interviewed in February. I have yet to hear anything back. Hopefully we will hear something by the end of this month.

In your A did they tell you if you were on the accelerated track or the traditional track?

Congrats!
Thank you! 😊 I also called admissions because they said two-three weeks and I hadn’t heard back in a month and I just asked them politely when they would be sending out results and they sent me my decision that day

Gotcha! I have been wanting to call them as well, but I was scared lol. I wonder if they are on spring break?
Maybe! I was getting so anxious and just bit the bullet but you should definitely call them if you don’t hear anything soon

Hello everyone,
Hey we may have had the same interview date! I got my acceptance last week but it’s for the 2 year program. Since the MCAT is really the only thing holding me back, idk if I should pay for this program or just an MCAT prep course instead…

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey we may have had the same interview date! I got my acceptance last week but it’s for the 2 year program. Since the MCAT is really the only thing holding me back, idk if I should pay for this program or just an MCAT prep course instead…
I am thinking about doing this program because I feel like I am lacking the fundamentals in the sciences. I think if you feel like you lack and need to do courses again for better understanding in my opinion the program seems like a goos option, but thats just my opinion lol

I am thinking about doing this program because I feel like I am lacking the fundamentals in the sciences. I think if you feel like you lack and need to do courses again for better understanding in my opinion the program seems like a goos option, but thats just my opinion lol
I absolutely agree! So I’m gonna be very transparent. I took the MCAT three times with a tutor and with self study and only got to a 493 and I think that’s because I have lacked a science foundation because the rest of my application has everything you need, so I really want to be able to learn how to study science courses, as well as have a smooth transition into medical school That’s not gonna leave me drowning.

That is similar to my experience as well with the mcat but do whats best, you have a little time to think on it

I agree. I think it’s the cost holding me back as well as my age

I agree. I think it’s the cost holding me back as well as my age
Oh absolutely the cost is insane so I’ve been applying to a lot of scholarships and as for the age thing what I keep telling myself is, I’m going to be 30-35 regardless so it really doesn’t matter where I am at that stage of my life as long as I am on the path to where I wanna be, or at least close to finishing the path

Oh absolutely the cost is insane so I’ve been applying to a lot of scholarships and as for the age thing what I keep telling myself is, I’m going to be 30-35 regardless so it really doesn’t matter where I am at that stage of my life as long as I am on the path to where I wanna be, or at least close to finishing the path
That’s very true. Hopefully I’ll find some scholarships. I just wish there was an option to do like a 3 year med school program at morehouse if we successfully complete the MSMS program since it’s the same classes the med students take 😭

Does anyone know if we have to find our own apartments or housing is provided? I see a room and board in the tuition lol

Good morning! Got the A today for the traditional track.

Congratulations!! Just waiting on my turn😭😭
Thank you! If you interviewed in Feb. I would highly suggest you call/ email them today because they will be closed this weekend. They said they sent out decisions the first week of March, but I never got the decision email. I even check my spam/junk and did not see it. They were super nice and helpful!

I can try to make one if y'all want one.

Damm. How I get MSMS waitlist and MD 😂. Congrats on your As though

First years have housing provided
Hey! I'm a current MSMS student and I just wanted to clarify that this may not be entirely correct. They highly recommend that first-year students (particularly those who are OOS) stay at the apartments that they mentioned during your interview. It's still on you to contact the apartment and secure your spot. The rent is not factored into your tuition. Just wanted to clear up any confusion

Hey! I'm a current MSMS student and I just wanted to clarify that this may not be entirely correct. They highly recommend that first-year students (particularly those who are OOS) stay at the apartments that they mentioned during your interview. It's still on you to contact the apartment and secure your spot. The rent is not factored into your tuition. Just wanted to clear up any confusion
What if we can’t get into the apartments? I have already contacted them and they are full lol.

Also, if the rent is not factored, does the 20k come off of the tuition if we have our own living outside of the recommended apartment?

What if we can’t get into the apartments? I have already contacted them and they are full lol.

Also, if the rent is not factored, does the 20k come off of the tuition if we have our own living outside of the recommended apartment?
I've heard the same from other incoming students about the apartments. I would say your best bet is to still apply, and get on their waitlist! I feel like they'll start moving down the list around late spring/early summer. It's unusual for them to be full by this time of the year, but I heard that another school in the area is currently undergoing a housing crisis and its students have moved in here for the time being.

I'm not sure about the 20k that's taken out, but all I can say is that if you wish to stay at another apartment, you would have to fill out some type of form stating that you already have prior accommodations. If you do end up staying at the apartments, I know that they take off the parking fee that is factored into your tuition. But that's about it