This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PremedCat

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm applying this year to the MSMS program and would love to hear about anyone else applying! I personally have had no luck trying to find a physician to shadow so that's fun lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone! I'm applying this year to the MSMS program and would love to hear about anyone else applying! I personally have had no luck trying to find a physician to shadow so that's fun lol
Hi there, I am planning on applying to that program this year as well. I am very nervous though, my stats are just slightly above average for the admitted class stats that are posted on their website. Have you already applied?. Do you think that applying at the end of September this year will put me at a disadvantage?

Hi there, I am planning on applying to that program this year as well. I am very nervous though, my stats are just slightly above average for the admitted class stats that are posted on their website. Have you already applied?. Do you think that applying at the end of September this year will put me at a disadvantage?
Hi! I havent applied yet as im still working on my application. I don't think applying late September will affect you! Also i saw you under the Tuoro forum for their masters and I'm planning to apply there too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying as well, good luck to everyone!

I also got an email regarding a pre-interview; I did sign up for a slot but not sure what it is?? anyone have an idea?

I'm having an issue. I have everything filled out but Interfolio keeps cancelling my letter delivery to PostBaccas.

Error in question: "This is because the website requires supplemental information from your letter writer in order to complete the upload.

Although each online application is different, applications typically ask for this kind of information:

1. Please rank this candidate's past performance.
  2. Do you highly recommend, recommend or not recommend this candidate?
  3. Please tell us how you know the candidate.
This particular letter request cannot be fulfilled because:
  • There is a required question asking 'I rank the applicant among other students in recent years:'
  • There is a required question asking 'As a graduate student the applicant is likely to be?'
We can only bypass these questions if there is specifically an "N/A" option or by skipping the questions altogether, and unfortunately this letter request does not allow for either of these options. We cannot answer questions that are required to be answered by your letter writer.

Next Steps: While we cannot complete your delivery through this specific channel, we suggest reaching out to the institution to inquire about submitting your letters via mail or email."

Is there a way to upload my letters of recommendation another way? Can I perhaps send it to a specific email?

I sent an email to the admissions team, but the deadline is approach (I found out about this program late), and they won't be able to answer until Monday.

***EDIT: It found a footnote stating that PostBacCAS does not accept Interfolio letters because they require said specific questions to be answered by the recommender. I sent a request to my most trusted mentors and hopefully they re-upload their letters to PostBacCAS soon.

Last edited:
I just received an invite to the first round of interviews! Anyone else?

+1 pre-interview. I'm not quite sure what this entails, there's just a brief sentence about it on the Western website. The final interview says it is a two 15-minute behavioral type questions, but there's not much about the pre-interview. Anyone know what this is about?

My theory is that the pre-interview is a traditional open-file interview while the final interview is the behavioral/MMI style question. I have no basis of this theory, though.

+1 pre-interview. I'm not quite sure what this entails, there's just a brief sentence about it on the Western website. The final interview says it is a two 15-minute behavioral type questions, but there's not much about the pre-interview. Anyone know what this is about?

My theory is that the pre-interview is a traditional open-file interview while the final interview is the behavioral/MMI style question. I have no basis of this theory, though.
I'm going to assume that the pre-interview is general to get to know us better, after all that's what the email said. I just hope there's no curveball questions! I also do feel as though the final interview will be behavioral/MMI style.

I'm going to assume that the pre-interview is general to get to know us better, after all that's what the email said. I just hope there's no curveball questions! I also do feel as though the final interview will be behavioral/MMI style.
Yeah, I think it's safe to say we're given a 30-minute traditional casual style conversational interview since we're given 30 minute slots. Maybe...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten any updates post pre-interview? I’m not sure when we’re supposed to hear back for the second round of interviews

I haven't received any updates yet. I think they're holding additional pre-interviews this week. Maybe we'll hear back by end of this week or next week? 🤞

Anyone hear anything yet? I heard they ended pre-interviews this week. Perhaps, they're choosing the ones to send interviews to?

I sent in my application super late (Feb 28) and haven’t heard anything about pre interviews yet even… where did you hear about them ending pre interviews?

I sent in my application super late (Feb 28) and haven’t heard anything about pre interviews yet even… where did you hear about them ending pre interviews?
Oh, I met someone who was applying as well. I just heard it from him, but I can't vouch for the accuracy of the statement. They could still be doing pre-interviews.

Oh, I met someone who was applying as well. I just heard it from him, but I can't vouch for the accuracy of the statement. They could still be doing pre-interviews.
Literally just got the pre-interview invite!

+1, ended up applying right before the deadline, still waiting to hear anything

Got my second interview through email yesterday, for those who also got the invite, what date are you interviewing? Any previous students willing to share their experience and how to prepare for the interview?

Oh no, sad to see you go. :( may I ask why you declined?
Nothing to do with the program itself. Got into medical school - Western MSMS would have been great but I'm so ready to start medical school that I didn't want to do an MS year.

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing to do with the program itself. Got into medical school - Western MSMS would have been great but I'm so ready to start medical school that I didn't want to do an MS year.
Congrats! Best of luck 😊

Congratulations! So proud of you!

anyone know how many people got second round interviews?

Anyone else have their interview tomorrow?

I do! Does anyone know how long it actually goes? The email said 2 hours but the booklet says there will also be a Q&A at 3? I thought they said it was included but just want to clarify.

I do! Does anyone know how long it actually goes? The email said 2 hours but the booklet says there will also be a Q&A at 3? I thought they said it was included but just want to clarify.
Looks like according to the agenda, our check-in is followed by an orientation, and then a 30 minute interview - not sure if we log out after our group is done until the Q&A.

Did anyone get an estimate when we should hear back about interviews? and any good info dropped in the student panel?

Did anyone get an estimate when we should hear back about interviews? and any good info dropped in the student panel?
We should hear back by the end of this month/beginning of May and the semester begins June 10th

What are the chances anyone hears back today? Today marks 2 weeks since the second interview date but I know they said it would take longer… just so nervous I wish we could know sooner :’)

What are the chances anyone hears back today? Today marks 2 weeks since the second interview date but I know they said it would take longer… just so nervous I wish we could know sooner :’)
Seeing their past track history of delaying decisions I wouldn’t hold my breath - I’m banking next Friday at the earliest

Reactions: 2 users