Most remote, highest paying stints to pull as a new grad.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My old hospital paid something like 5 to 7 dollars extra per hour, but since you worked fewer hours per week I think it balanced out.

Mine is similar - although since overnights are usually 7 on 7 off, a person could pick up extra shifts or work PRN elsewhere in addition to working overnights.

Members don't see this ad.

So, would you rather live in an igloo or a dumpster?

I would buy a dumpster in a Walmart parking lot, build up some equity in it, and eventually trade it in for a shipping container in a Whole Foods parking lot before I had kids. A dumpster is no place to raise a family.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2018 is a long time away, its hard to predict what will be "the" happening place in pharmacy in 2018.

I thought all the chains were closing their 24 hour stores? I wouldn't count on a 24 hour overnight in retail, and hospital pays considerably less than retail (even overnights), you would want to go retail chain if salary maximization is your primary concern. Also, nobody pay time and a half for overtime (maybe in a rare dire situation, but certainly not average.) Urban areas have more floaters than hours, so the idea of racking up tons of extra hours working extra doesn't work either.

Best best, a retain chain in a remote area, or possibly a job in an arabian country like Saudi Arabia or Abu Dhabi

The oil boom is over, at least for the moment. Thousands were laid off and moved. I have no first-hand knowledge of wages decreasing of those who have stayed, but the state is in a very different place than it was just 1 year ago. I am not in oil country but very close to it.

Watch "The Overnighters", which is currently playing on some PBS affiliates (and is available on DVD) for some insight as to why the oil patch is not a good place to live, even if you are a young single man. Because most of the influx was made up of healthy young people, I don't think they needed all that many extra pharmacists, except to take care of worker's compensation issues, and in any case, Williston et al became very dangerous and extremely expensive places to live.

And hang onto your hat when the main character in this award-winning documentary drops a 20-megaton bomb towards the end of the show. :censored:

2018 is a long time away, its hard to predict what will be "the" happening place in pharmacy in 2018.

I thought all the chains were closing their 24 hour stores? I wouldn't count on a 24 hour overnight in retail, and hospital pays considerably less than retail (even overnights), you would want to go retail chain if salary maximization is your primary concern. Also, nobody pay time and a half for overtime (maybe in a rare dire situation, but certainly not average.) Urban areas have more floaters than hours, so the idea of racking up tons of extra hours working extra doesn't work either.

Best best, a retain chain in a remote area, or possibly a job in an arabian country like Saudi Arabia or Abu Dhabi

They won't close all of the 24 hour stores

That is not viable

There was a dude on here that claimed he was offered $160k+ tax free to work for Cleveland Clinic in Abu Dhabi.

If they are a US citizen there is no such thing as tax free income. The US is pretty much the only country on earth that taxes foreign earned income and requires citizens living abroad to file.