MOT Application for Texas Tech, UTMB & UTHSCSA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Actually there was a short essay this time. You go around individually and speak with 5 different faculty members. Each has their own question. Two had different scenarios to read and one had just a short answer question. Then at the very end you and 4 other people will go to a room and have a group discussion and someone is in there just listening. It wasn't too bad. The main way to prepare is just understanding what OT is and why you want to do it. Just be yourself:)

Thank you so much!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Actually there was a short essay this time. You go around individually and speak with 5 different faculty members. Each has their own question. Two had different scenarios to read and one had just a short answer question. Then at the very end you and 4 other people will go to a room and have a group discussion and someone is in there just listening. It wasn't too bad. The main way to prepare is just understanding what OT is and why you want to do it. Just be yourself:)

Thank you so much for the information :) This is very nerve wrecking...this interview set up seems to be very similar to the UTMB one.

I didn't interview with UTMB but it was nerve racking. I also felt rushed for time. You have 8 minutes with each person but at the 6 minute mark they ring a bell and then ring it again when your time is up. I also felt like there wasn't much "interviewing" that went with it. Fingers still crossed though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't interview with UTMB but it was nerve racking. I also felt rushed for time. You have 8 minutes with each person but at the 6 minute mark they ring a bell and then ring it again when your time is up. I also felt like there wasn't much "interviewing" that went with it. Fingers still crossed though.

Really?...that is very pressuring when they time you especially if you hear it ticking! O'well we just got to try our best then. Thanks again and I hope you get in :)

OTtoBe I have one question for you...are we required to take anything to the interview? Or any suggestions besides our resume? Thanks!

Umm Not that I can think of. That's all I brought with me. If you have questions you may forget you could write them down also. Is your interview tomorrow? Good luck to you!

No my interview is on Feb 1st but you know I'm very anxious...thanks I had not thought about writting down the questions! Thank you :)

HOPETOBEANOT,

Yes, Texas Tech is still interviewing by phone and onsite. I have a phone interview on the 16th. I also have UTMB on dec 7th. How did ur UTMB interview go? wat was the writing essay about? any other infor will be appreciated.
Hey, I noticed you interviewed with Texas Tech. I have an interview there this coming Friday. Any tips you can share? I am starting to get very nervous!!

Mine was a phone interview and i had earlier written about it in a previous post. I cant remember any of it right now, so look up my previous posts.