MOT San Jose State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Calikniter what are your stats by chance? Congrats in acceptance into Samuel merrit!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks, OTgirl29! Here are my stats:

Major- Computer Science
GPA- 3.70
Prereq GPA- 4.0
GRE- 167 V, 162 Q, 4.0 Writing
Application verified- 10/3/2014
Work experience- 6 Years as a Montessori Teacher in a 3-6 year-old classroom, computer programmer
Volunteer experience- 50 Hours at a geriatric institute, 60 with a private pediatric OT clinic.
Extras- MS in Computer Science, Certified Early Childhood Montessori teacher, CPR certified, knitting and quilting instructor
References- Two from OTs where I volunteered, one from academic professor, one from the head of school at my old job, one from the assistant at my old job
Applied to- Samuel Merritt, SJSU
Interviews- Samuel Merritt on 1/10
Accepted- Samuel Merritt on 1/16!
Waitlisted- SJSU 4/8/2015
Attending- Samuel Merritt

Anyone in here applying this year, to start fall 2016? I'm dying to know when they'll send their first round of acceptances!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone in here applying this year, to start fall 2016? I'm dying to know when they'll send their first round of acceptances!

I am! I tried calling just to make sure they have all of my stuff and they won't even call me back, so frustrating

I am! I tried calling just to make sure they have all of my stuff and they won't even call me back, so frustrating
I tried calling too! No call back. I emailed the grad assistant to see if she'd give me an estimated date. I just want to know when they're going to start sending acceptances so I can manage my anxiety haha :)

I tried calling too! No call back. I emailed the grad assistant to see if she'd give me an estimated date. I just want to know when they're going to start sending acceptances so I can manage my anxiety haha :)

I'd like to know too. They're my number one but I have other acceptances and interviews in the meantime that need decisions. Really frustrating. I thought rolling basis meant we would hear back sooner :(

I'd like to know too. They're my number one but I have other acceptances and interviews in the meantime that need decisions. Really frustrating. I thought rolling basis meant we would hear back sooner :(
Where else did you apply, @aama0616a ? I got into CSUDH, and it starts in January.. but SJSU is my first choice, so if I don't hear back in the next couple of weeks, i'll have to plan on going to CSUDH (my second choice, but still..).

Where else did you apply, @aama0616a ? I got into CSUDH, and it starts in January.. but SJSU is my first choice, so if I don't hear back in the next couple of weeks, i'll have to plan on going to CSUDH (my second choice, but still..).

I applied to Midwestern, UIC, Rush, SJSU, AT Stills, Jefferson University, Salus University, University of Utah, University of Southern California.

How long do you have to get back to CSUDH? It seems like SJSU starts to get back to people in late december o_O Did you ever hear back from the grad assistant?

I applied to Midwestern, UIC, Rush, SJSU, AT Stills, Jefferson University, Salus University, University of Utah, University of Southern California.

How long do you have to get back to CSUDH? It seems like SJSU starts to get back to people in late december o_O Did you ever hear back from the grad assistant?
I haven't heard back from her yet, but it has only been a couple days. Last year they started calling people on 11/18 (or that's the first person I can find online that was called).. so I was hoping it would be this week. I've already put my deposit down at CSUDH in case I don't hear from SJSU soon enough. All the other schools I applied to were back ups, and won't start the app review process until jan/feb.. so i'm not really worried about those. I definitely thought since SJSU was rolling, and a lot of people turned their apps in the first day possible, oct 1, that they'd start calling people by now. I'll definitely post whatever I hear from the grad assistant. I'm going to try calling again during her office hours.

Hello y
Thanks! Here were my stats when I applied:

Undergrad University: SJSU
Major/minor: Health Science/Child and Adolescent Development
OTCAS GPA: 3.42
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.57
GRE/MAT: GRE- 144 quantitative, 151 verbal, 5.0 analytical writing/MAT- 410
Observation hours: 300+ hours in specialized peds clinic; 40+ hours in peds/adult clinic
Extra: volunteer for a kids' program at a transitional housing shelter
Reference letters: 4 total (2 OT's and 2 professors)

I turned in my application (in person and in OTCAS) on October 1st. For GAPE, my application was cleared about a week after the 1st and then referred to the grad dept. Then my OTCAS application was verified on October 23rd. I finally received my letter on December 22nd, which said I was conditionally accepted.

At first I was worried because I didn't think my GPA and test score would make me a competitive candidate, so then I focused a lot of my time accumulating hours, getting good letters, and writing a strong essay. I think those made me a well-rounded candidate, and I heard SJSU is pretty holistic when it comes to choosing applicants!

Thanks again and good luck to you! Hope to see you in the fall! :)
Hello your stats are almost identical to mine, but I'm applying late in the cycle. Do you think I still have a chance in the SJSU program although I'm late in the game?

Hi everyone! I applied for the SJSU OT Fall 2018 cycle at the beginning of October. Who else is applying for this cycle? I think it's still a little early, but does anyone have information as to when admission decisions will start to go out? Do they send decisions via email now in addition to mailing them out? Waiting is so hard!!

Hi everyone! I applied for the SJSU OT Fall 2018 cycle at the beginning of October. Who else is applying for this cycle? I think it's still a little early, but does anyone have information as to when admission decisions will start to go out? Do they send decisions via email now in addition to mailing them out? Waiting is so hard!!
Hi Alliec! There is actually a thread for this years application cycle for SJSU. Here’s the link Other OT-Related Information - SJSU 2017/2018 Support Group