MPH Fall 2017: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if I should specifically name few professor in the SOP.. What if I can't identify any faculty member's interest that exactly matches mine? I know it definitely helps the application, but would it hurt if not mentioning the faculty name ??

Thanks a lot!

There are very, very few professors whose interests exactly match mine (HIV in American, urban transgender youth), so I mentioned professors with adjacent interests (HIV/AIDS, LGBTQ health, adolescent health) to demonstrate that I've done my research on the school and am excited to learn from their faculty. Hopefully it'll work out for me!

Members don't see this ad.

As I already have significant student loans, cost is a significant factor in my decision making. I'd like to know what kinds of schools are most likely to give me some help so I can target them. Any ideas or is it just a complete crap shoot and it won't make a difference if I apply to Harvard or Ohio State?

I think the general consensus on this is that public schools generally have lower tuition but private schools have more money to give out in terms of scholarships/non-loan aid. I'm applying to a mix and will be making my decision based primarily on cost (both of the program and of living in the area.)

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if I should specifically name few professor in the SOP.. What if I can't identify any faculty member's interest that exactly matches mine? I know it definitely helps the application, but would it hurt if not mentioning the faculty name ??

Thanks a lot!

I didn't mention any professors in any of mine and doubt it's required to show interest in the school. You can focus on other aspects unique to the school (location, curriculum, centers) that would support your overall interests. I assume it could be helpful if you've already communicated with professors who are interested in your work, but few people would have that level of investment at this stage. Many are still looking for who they want to work with by the time of attendance.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There are very, very few professors whose interests exactly match mine (HIV in American, urban transgender youth), so I mentioned professors with adjacent interests (HIV/AIDS, LGBTQ health, adolescent health) to demonstrate that I've done my research on the school and am excited to learn from their faculty. Hopefully it'll work out for me!
Thanks!! Good luck

I didn't mention any professors in any of mine and doubt it's required to show interest in the school. You can focus on other aspects unique to the school (location, curriculum, centers) that would support your overall interests. I assume it could be helpful if you've already communicated with professors who are interested in your work, but few people would have that level of investment at this stage. Many are still looking for who they want to work with by the time of attendance.
yeah, instead of specific names, I will just focus on the curriculum and research centers! Thanks so much!

Undergrad School: University of Chicago
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.6
Major/Minor: Pre-Med & Public Policy
GradGPA: (if applicable): N/A
Grad Studies: (if applicable):N/A
GRE: Taken 10/13/16 - 156(V) 159 (Q) 4(W)
Experience/Research:
After College:
2 years volunteering for a community counseling clinic
6 months volunteering in an ER
6 months volunteering for a psychiatric research study
6 months shadowing in a hospital
6 months tutoring kids
3 years working in healthcare consulting
1 year working in a psychiatric rehabilitation center
1 year working in psychiatric clinical research (current)
2012 Hermes Creative Award
2009 Gilbert F. White Fellowship Award
2007 Outstanding New College Leader Nomination

Interested in: Mental Health/Psychiatric Public Health Research
Applied: Claremont, GWU, UCLA, UC Irvine, UIllinois, Johns Hopkins (Mental Health); Northwestern; UMaryland; SDSU
Accepted: GWU (11/11/16)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Last edited:
How long did it take?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My coursework was entered through the professional transcript service on Wednesday morning, and I verified the coursework yesterday. My second LOR was also submitted yesterday, so it took about 24 hours to be verified from that point. However, I still have three LOR's that need to be submitted in the next couple of weeks from my project managers/supervisors at work.

Just got my GRE: 156V (72%) 150Q (39%).

Do I have a chance at schools like Columbia and JHU? I really don't want to retake.

Oof. Do you have strong quant coursework on your transcripts? Like 2+ courses with a 3.5/B+ or better?

[EDIT:] Whoaaa sorry, I read that quant score as 139, not the 39th percentile. I think your scores are a little below average depending on the concentration you want, but probably not much to sweat about depending on your GPA. I'm sure other parts of your app will stand out.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing your info! I've submitted most of my apps so now it's just a waiting game. I definitely went overboard in the number of schools I'm applying to, whoops.

Undergrad School: University of Washington
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.44
Major/Minor: Public Health/Women Studies
GradGPA (if applicable): N/A
Grad Studies (if applicable): N/A
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): V 161, Q 151, W 5.0; taken 6/4/16
Experience/Research (please, be brief):

(I'm interested in studying reproductive health)
- 1 year as Director of women's health org under UW student government
- 2 years Peace Corps service (Zambia 2012-2014) under community health
- 1.5 years as admin at major Seattle global health org
- 1 year contract; Currently working in Eastern Uganda as a project manager for a women's microfinance org

Special factors???

Interested in: (Preparing applications) Columbia, Harvard
Applied: KIT Amsterdam (9/14), Tulane (9/20), Emory (9/20), Yale (9/20), GWU (9/20), UNC (10/7), (Johns Hopkins (10/12), University of Washington (10/19)
Accepted: Tulane (10/6), KIT Amsterdam (10/7)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Congrats on your acceptances thus far! I have a quick question...so I submitted my apps a couple of weeks ago for Tulane and WUSTL. My transcripts are in but have not been verified, so how long did it take for all of your materials to be in and sent out? Like on sophas how it has the three arrows, how long did it take for all of them to be green? Hope this isn't confusing lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Undergrad School: UC Berkeley
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA:
3.55 (SOPHAS verified gpa)
Major/Minor: Bio
GRE:
162 V/ 162 Q/ 5.5 #consistency

Experience/Research: By Fall 2017
2 years at a healthcare consulting company, focusing on recovering lost revenue from insurance pmts to hospitals, sealing the gaps in the revenue cycle
1 year peer advisor on college campus
3 years VP of campus club associated with public health/global health start up company
2 years volunteers at cancer resource center - specifically helping minority women coordinate care
3 months volunteering as intern helping refugees navigate american health system
1.5ish working in biology wet lab as researcher
fun fact - 2 year dancer on competitive college dance team - performed internationally and at Super Bowl as well

Interested in: MPH - HPM, management, MPH/MBA (reachhh, but might as well try)
Applied: MPH/MBA: BU, JHU, Yale ++ UCLA MPH, Harvard MPH, Emory MPH, Columbia MHA, Berkeley MPH (submitted all in either last few days of Oct or first week of Nov)
Accepted: Yale MPH (11/29), BU MPH (1/20)
Rejected: TBD
Wait-listed: TBD

Update: my app took about a day and a half to verify, I started submitting some of them on 10/30

Last edited:
Alright I'm doing this. I'm going to submit really soon, so I figured I might as well post this in case someone has some great insights/tips in the next two weeks or so!

Undergrad GPA/Major GPA:
3.5ish (Berkeley was hella hard, yo)
GRE:

2 years at a healthcare consulting company, focusing on recovering lost revenue from insurance pmts to hospitals, sealing the gaps in the revenue cycle
3 years VP of campus club associated with public health/global health start up company
2 years volunteers at cancer resource center - specifically helping minority women coordinate care
3 months volunteering as intern helping refugees navigate american health system
fun fact - 2 year dancer on competitive college dance team - performed internationally and at Super Bowl as well

Applied: MPH/MBA: UCLA, Emory, BU, JHU, Yale ++ Harvard MPH, Columbia MHA, Berkeley MPH (submitting soooon)
Accepted: TBD

Super nervous, since I feel like I’m a young applicant for a lot of these programs, and that my GPA/stats aren’t great. I’m also afraid that I’m essentially only applying to the best programs. This process is so nerve wracking, but still exciting!

What are your stats?

Alright I'm doing this. I'm going to submit really soon, so I figured I might as well post this in case someone has some great insights/tips in the next two weeks or so!

Undergrad GPA/Major GPA:
GRE:

Applied: MPH/MBA: UCLA, Emory, BU, JHU, Yale ++ Harvard MPH, Columbia MHA, Berkeley MPH (submitting soooon)

Super nervous, since I feel like I’m a young applicant for a lot of these programs, and that my GPA/stats aren’t great. I’m also afraid that I’m essentially only applying to the best programs. This process is so nerve wracking, but still exciting!

Your GPA is well above the minimum (usually 3.0) and your GRE scores and experience are amazing, so you are a very competitive applicant and shouldn't worry based on your stats. Just make sure you get strong LoRs and have a great SoP to go along with those great stats and you should have a good chance of getting into those reach schools.

I can't give you advice on dual degree programs, but there are some members on this forum that you may be able to fish out that have successfully applied to MPH/MBA programs. You're fairly solid for MPH programs though.

Congrats on your acceptances thus far! I have a quick question...so I submitted my apps a couple of weeks ago for Tulane and WUSTL. My transcripts are in but have not been verified, so how long did it take for all of your materials to be in and sent out? Like on sophas how it has the three arrows, how long did it take for all of them to be green? Hope this isn't confusing lol

For me, it didn't take long at all. The longest wait would be for the transcripts to become verified I think and even that took maybe 2 days for me? Do you have at least 2 letters of recommendation submitted and did you pay the application fees?

Hi everyone! Finishing up the last part of my app and have a question. Are you guys putting contact information for all your employment history? I have some, but there was one internship where I don't have any contact information for and Im not sure how important it is? Do they actually reach out and contact previous employers? Im applying to MPH programs only.

For me, it didn't take long at all. The longest wait would be for the transcripts to become verified I think and even that took maybe 2 days for me? Do you have at least 2 letters of recommendation submitted and did you pay the application fees?

Yes I have three LOR in and I paid for both programs, so I'm not sure what else I would be missing

Update: Complete at LSE today (International Health Policy), 10/25. Not too sure about this one because I've heard if you aren't accepted they won't even send you an email lol.

Also, I've been verified on SOPHAS for a couple of days now, but not all of my LOR's are in. How long does it take for schools to email you saying they've received your application?

How long does it take for schools to email you saying they've received your application?

Idk. Some of my schools sent me an automated email within 24 hours, most sent me something within two weeks, and others I still haven't heard from. I applied about a month ago, and I figure that since I was so early and they likely just shoved me in a digital "for later" pile, I'll give them until November to contact me before I ask if they received my application.

Do I have a chance at schools like Columbia and JHU? I really don't want to retake.

Columbia's average GRE scores of admitted students:
verbal is 159 and its quant is 158. You probably fall within the 25-50th quartile for your verbal, but quantitative is a bit low. Are you applying to epidemiology or biostatistics programs? I'd think the quant score would matter more in those concentrations.

Idk. Some of my schools sent me an automated email within 24 hours, most sent me something within two weeks, and others I still haven't heard from. I applied about a month ago, and I figure that since I was so early and they likely just shoved me in a digital "for later" pile, I'll give them until November to contact me before I ask if they received my application.

Gotcha. Interesting. I ask because I received an email from GW today saying that they've received my application and that its being forwarded to the specific department for review. The only problem is that I still have three pending LOR's from my project managers/supervisors at work, all of which are scheduled to be submitted on or before Friday, November 18. My app has already been verified. Do you/anyone else think I should ask them to hold my app until those are submitted? I'm surprised they can't see that I've sent these three additional LOR requests out.

Undergrad GPA/Major GPA:
GRE:

Plenty of people get into Columbia with worse stats, albeit for the MPH program. I went to Berkeley for undergrad too. My GSI for Bio 1B really encouraged me to disregard grades in the process because she graduated with a 3.0 in MCB @ UC Berkeley and was pursuing her MPH there as well. Check out my post - I got into nice schools with a 3.1

Gotcha. Interesting. I ask because I received an email from GW today saying that they've received my application and that its being forwarded to the specific department for review. The only problem is that I still have three pending LOR's from my project managers/supervisors at work, all of which are scheduled to be submitted on or before Friday, November 18. My app has already been verified. Do you/anyone else think I should ask them to hold my app until those are submitted? I'm surprised they can't see that I've sent these three additional LOR requests out.

So my app is verified as well with 2 out of 3 LORs. I got the same email from GW, so I emailed admissions and asked if they would also look at the 3 LOR when it came in (by Friday). They said they would. I didn't specifically ask them to hold my application from reviewing until my 3rd came in because it will be in so soon, and I don't think it will change my chances much (one of the LORs already in is from the same place of employment). However, I suspect they'd be open to holding your application if you requested. GW is the only school I know of that requires just 2 LORs...

So my app is verified as well with 2 out of 3 LORs. I got the same email from GW, so I emailed admissions and asked if they would also look at the 3 LOR when it came in (by Friday). They said they would. I didn't specifically ask them to hold my application from reviewing until my 3rd came in because it will be in so soon, and I don't think it will change my chances much (one of the LORs already in is from the same place of employment). However, I suspect they'd be open to holding your application if you requested. GW is the only school I know of that requires just 2 LORs...

Good to know! I'll email them in response to that one just to be on the safe side...

Did anyone else get this email from GWU?? I can't believe they'll be making decisions already - I haven't even submitted all of my apps for other schools yet!

"Thank you for applying to the Milken Institute School of Public Health at George Washington University. We are emailing to notify you that the Admissions Team will release admissions decisions regarding your application by November 15, 2016.
Thank you for your patience."

I submitted my app on 10/11, and was verified by 10/18. I did my apps and submitted in order of deadlines, so thats the only reason I submitted it so early, and not all my other apps yet.

Did anyone else get this email from GWU?? I can't believe they'll be making decisions already - I haven't even submitted all of my apps for other schools yet!

"Thank you for applying to the Milken Institute School of Public Health at George Washington University. We are emailing to notify you that the Admissions Team will release admissions decisions regarding your application by November 15, 2016.
Thank you for your patience."

I submitted my app on 10/11, and was verified by 10/18. I did my apps and submitted in order of deadlines, so thats the only reason I submitted it so early, and not all my other apps yet.

I did as well! I thought it was odd-don't know if you can read into it much :p I applied for epi- you?

Undergrad School: Top 40 Private
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.9/?
Major/Minor: Biology, Minors International Affairs and History

GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): MCAT: 95th percentile
3 years (600 hours) microbiology research working on antibiotic resistance with 1 poster presentation
Spent semester working full time as molecular biochemistry research assistant in Germany
Spending semester in India doing global health study abroad conducting research on antibiotic prescribing practices
Other unrelated volunteering and part time jobs

Special factors???
I am pre-med, but am not completely set on med school yet. Will probably be doing the MPH as gap years before med school. I am kind of limited on where I can apply because I only have my MCAT scores. I am not sure how this will influence things. I am very interested in the control and surveillance for the development of antibiotic resistance, but did not develop an interest in the public health side of things until this year. Emory is definitely my top choice as they have several professors with very similar interests.

Interested in: epidemiology of antibiotic resistance/global health
Applied:
Emory (verified/complete 10/23) Yale (11/10) Tulane (Tropical Medicine 11/10) GW (11/12), Harvard (12/1)
Accepted: Tulane MSPH Tropical Medicine (12/2), GW MS public health microbiology & infectious diseases +$50,000 (12/2), Emory Global Health (2/1), Yale Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases (2/24), Harvard SM80 Global Health (2/24)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Last edited:
Undergrad School: Top 40 Private
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.9/?
Major/Minor: Biology, Minors International Affairs and History

GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): MCAT: 95th percentile
3 years (600 hours) microbiology research working on antibiotic resistance with 1 poster presentation
Spent semester working full time as molecular biochemistry research assistant in Germany
Spending semester in India doing global health study abroad conducting research on antibiotic prescribing practices
Other unrelated volunteering and part time jobs

Special factors???
I am pre-med, but am not completely set on med school yet. Will probably be doing the MPH as gap years before med school. I am kind of limited on where I can apply because I only have my MCAT scores. I am not sure how this will influence things. I am very interested in the control and surveillance for the development of antibiotic resistance, but did not develop an interest in the public health side of things until this year. Emory is definitely my top choice as they have several professors with very similar interests.

Interested in: EMORY (global health), Johns Hopkins (MHS molecular microbiology), BU (infectious disease), GW (public health microbiology & emerging infectious diseases), yale (epidemiology of microbial diseases)
Applied:
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

You should have no problem getting into Emory, you have great stats and science related experience! Good luck! Nice job on the MCAT, you crushed it!

Undergrad GPA/Major GPA:
GRE:

You're stats and experiences are great you should have no problem getting into any of these programs. I'd recommend a campus visit it really helped me narrow down my options.

Good luck!

Hey gang! I am returning from last year and need some advice.

Last year, I was admitted to every program I applied to and eventually accepted at U Mich with a 50% Deans scholarship. I was on cloud 9-- my boyfriend was to start law school and I was MPH-bound. Just 3 weeks into the program (which was FANTASTIC BTW), we had to leave the program. No trouble, just personal BS. I was able to defer my admission for Fall 2017... but he could not.

So here is my situation and I would appreciate any feedback:
We are looking to start our programs again in the fall... but we are getting to the age where we want to settle down. Its looking like Colorado for us. He made the 99%ile for LSAT... so anywhere for law is fine for him. AS FOR ME: I was accepted to Colorado last year but obviously declined. My GRE scores are now out of date... and I sure AF do not want to take it again.

Is it worth my time to email Colorado and explain my situation and ask if they would waive my GRE score for applications...? I spent over $1000 last year and way too much to actually get to UMICH.... I still want my MPH! OR... does it sound bitchy to be like "hey, I declined last year to go to the #4 program.... but would you still let me in this year???? BTW my scores are out of date..." hahaha

ANy feedback would be awesome.

Also, if anyone has quesions about UMich... let me know and I would be more than happy to chat about it.

PS-- if anyone thinks a top 5 school is out of reach because of GRE or something... DO NOT! My GRE scores were less than 30%ile... EXPERIENCE speaks VOLUMES!!

I was accepted at Umich (#4) with a 50% deans scholarship with GRE less than 30%ile... experience is HIGHLY valued in these programs! Dont knock it!

Reactions: 1 users
So here is my situation and I would appreciate any feedback:
We are looking to start our programs again in the fall... but we are getting to the age where we want to settle down. Its looking like Colorado for us. He made the 99%ile for LSAT... so anywhere for law is fine for him. AS FOR ME: I was accepted to Colorado last year but obviously declined. My GRE scores are now out of date... and I sure AF do not want to take it again.

Is it worth my time to email Colorado and explain my situation and ask if they would waive my GRE score for applications...? I spent over $1000 last year and way too much to actually get to UMICH.... I still want my MPH! OR... does it sound bitchy to be like "hey, I declined last year to go to the #4 program.... but would you still let me in this year???? BTW my scores are out of date..." hahaha

Colorado is very interested in having strong students attend since they are a relatively new program, so they might be flexible about this sort of thing. I think you could email/call and explain your situation. I would tell them you originally enrolled at different program (probably no need to say which unless you're sending transcripts from UMich) because that's what made sense geographically for you at the time, but now you are moving to Colorado and would like to re-start an MPH with them. Ask if they would be wiling to use the scores (and maybe transcripts/rec letters/other materials) they have on file from last year. I think it's all in how you phrase is... I would imagine they'd be willing to work with you if you imply that they are the only school that you are re-applying to.

Reactions: 1 users
Colorado is very interested in having strong students attend since they are a relatively new program, so they might be flexible about this sort of thing. I think you could email/call and explain your situation. I would tell them you originally enrolled at different program (probably no need to say which unless you're sending transcripts from UMich) because that's what made sense geographically for you at the time, but now you are moving to Colorado and would like to re-start an MPH with them. Ask if they would be wiling to use the scores (and maybe transcripts/rec letters/other materials) they have on file from last year. I think it's all in how you phrase is... I would imagine they'd be willing to work with you if you imply that they are the only school that you are re-applying to.

Incredibly helpful-- thank you, much! Best of luck to you!

Undergrad School: Uconn
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA:
2.93 :(/3.4
Major/Minor: Pathobiology
GRE:
157 V/ 153 Q/ 4.5

2 years in immunotoxicology lab working on man-made environmental toxins - corexit & BP oil spill
1 summer in Alabama sea turtle research
8 months intestinal parasitology lab
over a year-present at prestigious/well-known orthopaedic research institute for athletes/poster presentation and first author abstract
Interested in: MPH/PhD programs
Applied: Boston, JH, Pitt, Colorado, Hofstra, and Miami

Not sure if my low gpa is going to ruin my chances

Well, I re-took the GRE yesterday with minimal time to prep for the exam:

Old score (reported to SOHPAS designations), taken 01/2012: 152Q/152V/4.0AWA
New score (received yesterday), taken 10/2016: 153Q/155V/?AWA

Is it even worth reporting this new score to schools as well? I did increase in both sections, minimally in Quant but a full 13 percentile points in verbal. I'm wondering if reporting recent scores that are so close to the old ones from four years ago would look bad. Thoughts?

Well, I re-took the GRE yesterday with minimal time to prep for the exam:

Old score (reported to SOHPAS designations), taken 01/2012: 152Q/152V/4.0AWA
New score (received yesterday), taken 10/2016: 153Q/155V/?AWA

Is it even worth reporting this new score to schools as well? I did increase in both sections, minimally in Quant but a full 13 percentile points in verbal. I'm wondering if reporting recent scores that are so close to the old ones from four years ago would look bad. Thoughts?
Might help; probably won't hurt. At the very least it shows consistency. I'm not sure what you've been up to since 2012, but unless it was an academic pursuit, I don't see why anyone would expect you to have made huge leaps on a GRE score. If anything, I would guess that someone's score would go DOWN after 4 years of being out of school, so it's good to show you managed an increase, however slight.

Does anyone happen to know how difficult it is to get into UCI? It seems that it's a good target school for me, and my stats are above their averages, but it just seems like they accept such a small number of people who apply.

Undergrad School: State school
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.61/3.29
Major: Biology Minors: Leadership & Civic Engagement/Women and Gender Studies
Grad GPA/Studies: n/a
GRE: 155 V/160 Q/4 W
Experience:
2.5 years volunteering and 2 summers working for an environmental non-profit
1 week volunteering with Unite for Sight in Ghana, helping to provide eye exams to people living in poverty
7 months volunteering in an assisted living residence
6 months volunteering in the emergency department for a large hospital
Co-founder of a student run food pantry on my college campus and secretary for the Hunger Initiative
One summer interning for two optometry offices
1.5 years as an ophthalmic technician for a cornea specialist at a large ophthalmology practice
LORs: Associate vice chancellor of my university/professor for a leadership course, the ophthalmologist I work for, and my clinical manager
Special factors: Recipient of a full four-year scholarship for academics, leadership, and community service, for which I completed a series of leadership classes and over 800 hours of volunteer work.

Interested in: Epi, global health, women’s health, healthcare disparities
Applied: BU, Tufts, Harvard, Brown, UMass
Accepted: BU + 18K (12/15), Tufts (1/11), Brown + 25% tuition (2/7), UMass
Rejected: Harvard (2/23)
Waitlisted:
Addending:
BU!!! :D

Last edited:
Was wondering people's opinions on applying to a school that is not CEPH accredited? I'm applying to one in mind due to location but the program is fairly new and is in the process of seeking accreditation.

Was wondering people's opinions on applying to a school that is not CEPH accredited? I'm applying to one in mind due to location but the program is fairly new and is in the process of seeking accreditation.

Name the school, it'll give us an idea of the potential it has to eventually become accredited.

Undergrad School: large state school
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.77 / SOPHAS 3.89
Major/Minor: Health Science / minor: Business Administration

GRE: 156 Quant, 160 Verbal, 4.5 Writing
- 200+ hour internship in a hospital administrative department
- 7 week long internship in health care organization in Spain
- semester long research on effects of various activities on HRV in dementia patients

Special factors???
-
member of Honors College
- on the exec. board of the health sciences club
- work 10-15 hours a week as a leasing consultant for apartment complex (for the past 3 years while in school)
- recently awarded a $3,000 grant for my summer internship
-active member of sorority

Interested in: Health Care Management
Applied: I am instate for all PA schools: SOPHAS verified (10/12). Pitt (10/12) , UIC (10/12) , Drexel (10/12) , Columbia (10/12) , BU (10/12)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

** I am extremely nervous about being accepted into any of the programs I applied to given my lack of experience/volunteering, etc. I have worked a part time job all throughout college so it has limited the amount of free time I have to do other health related activities!
**Does anybody have any insight into my chances of getting accepted to at least one of these schools?? I would really LOVE some feedback.

Feel free to apply, but think really hard about matriculating at the school if it has not received it's accreditation yet. I don't know how long it takes for a school/program to become CEPH-accredited, and there may be some issues that prevent/delay accreditation. I've already provided my opinion on non-accredited programs, so keep all of this in mind when it comes time to select a school.

Undergrad School: large state school
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.77 / SOPHAS 3.89
Major/Minor: Health Science / minor: Business Administration

GRE: 156 Quant, 160 Verbal, 4.5 Writing
- 200+ hour internship in a hospital administrative department
- 7 week long internship in health care organization in Spain
- semester long research on effects of various activities on HRV in dementia patients

Special factors???
-
member of Honors College
- on the exec. board of the health sciences club
- work 10-15 hours a week as a leasing consultant for apartment complex (for the past 3 years while in school)
- recently awarded a $3,000 grant for my summer internship
-active member of sorority

Interested in: Health Care Management
Applied: I am instate for all PA schools: SOPHAS verified (10/12). Pitt (10/12) , UIC (10/12) , Drexel (10/12) , Columbia (10/12) , BU (10/12)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

** I am extremely nervous about being accepted into any of the programs I applied to given my lack of experience/volunteering, etc. I have worked a part time job all throughout college so it has limited the amount of free time I have to do other health related activities!
**Does anybody have any insight into my chances of getting accepted to at least one of these schools?? I would really LOVE some feedback.

I think you're safely into at least one, probably way more than that, of these schools. Your GPA & GRE are solid, and if you're applying right out of undergrad, it'll be clear why you don't have heaps of experience (though those internships aren't nothing!). In cases like these, the personal statement makes all the difference. If you can articulate why you're interested in and prepared for health care management, I think you have a good shot at just about any of these schools, with Columbia being the possible exception.