MSAR Matriculant Median < Applicant Median

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avicenna

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up with matriculant median being lower than applicant median for so many of the schools in the MSAR? Shouldn't schools be matriculating the upper echelon of applicants?

What am I not getting?

Members don't see this ad.

They are updated with matriculants' data now? I didn't buy it because I've heard that they only had applicants' data.

It's applicant data...

Members don't see this ad :)
You are looking at looking at the graph that says "accepted". The applicant data in that box are the students that the school accepted. If you want to see the students that just applied to the school, look at the new Mcat data right above.

You are looking at looking at the graph that says "accepted". The applicant data in that box are the students that the school accepted. If you want to see the students that just applied to the school, look at the new Mcat data right above.
wow that makes me feel better. msar honestly needs a huge redesign its unintuitive as ****

What's up with matriculant median being lower than applicant median for so many of the schools in the MSAR?
Applied -> very low numbers. The median here will often be a few points below the school's accepted 10th mark for competitive programs. The majority of accepted people often come from just the top 10-25% of applicants.
Accepted -> highest numbers.
Matriculated -> usually drops a point or two down from accepted, because the upper end of the accepted group is more likely than the lower end to have a other attractive options stealing them away.

Cmon OP...you know better!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Perhaps they expect prospective physicians to have the intelligence to figure it out

giphy.gif

Savage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users