WAMC for getting into a school with a median mcat 5 points higher than my score ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prideisthedevil

Reaction score
Hello,

I know this is not the format of this thread and I am unsure if my question is even appropriate for this thread, but if someone can ease my anxiety I would feel better.

I received and interview at my dream reach school which has a median mcat 5 points higher than my score. Should I even attend this interview? I feel like I do not have a chance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@Goro I read your interview posts (like from behind the curtain), but if you have any advice on how I can maximize my chances for an acceptance, I would be so grateful!

Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro I read your interview posts (like from behind the curtain), but if you have any advice on how I can maximize my chances for an acceptance, I would be so grateful!
Resource protection occurs before IIs. Thus, this school is really, really interested in you!

Go congrats on the II and good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Resource protection occurs before IIs. Thus, this school is really, really interested in you!

thank you so much, I will go in with confidence now :)

• Care
If you are invited for an interview, focus there. You never know exactly what your chances are, so do your best! You can't get an offer without an interview. With so many offers banked, what have you got to lose?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users

thank you so much, I will go in with confidence now :)
If you are invited for an interview, focus there. You never know exactly what your chances are, so do your best! You can't get an offer without an interview. With so many offers banked, what have you got to lose?
that is true, thank you so much for your advice!

On paper, you've got a one in three shot of turning this interview into an acceptance.

What do you have to lose? If you'd rather attend one of the schools you've been accepted to over the one you got an II at, cancel the interview. If not: go!

• Care