Msp Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopestobe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted a while ago asking about MSP vs. regular postbac and got a few responses that it helps a lot with mcat but not much with the ug gpa. Do the ug classes you take in the MSP program actually with ug students and do you get graded in them just as you do in the grad classes you have to take in the program or are they only for review? I reallywant to do the MSP program to get a good mcat score as well as a good grad gpa but I am afraid that I may be screened out when I apply to medical school due to a low ug gpa. Is the general gpa screening the sci gpa or the overall gpa? Although both are important, is there any way to compensate for a sub 3.0 sci gpa but over 3.0 overall?

I double majored and did not take as many sci classes as I should have and graduated with a 2.6 sci and 3.0 overall. I figured that if I can take summer ug classes and some more during the year and do well that my sci gpa could be around 2.9-3 and my overall 3.2-3.4 which would be ideal but perhaps Im thinking of the admissions process too ideally. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The undergraduate classes you take in MSP are for review in preparation for the MCAT. For example, you will take two semesters of organic chemistry in one semester as a review. You do not take classes with the undergraduate Drexel students, only other MSP'ers. The classes will not appear on your transcript as Organic 1, or Physics 1 or Gen Chem, etc.., They are named differently and are applied to your undergrad GPA and may be used to determine your sci. GPA in the end. It will ultimately help your ug GPA if you do well. There is one exception physics is taken over two semesters (it still does not appear as physics 1 and physics 2). I have no idea about screening and cut-offs.