MTM tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZakMeister

RPh
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently told by my preceptor to complete some of the MTM opportunities that they have. We were trained with Outcomes in school (not a comprehensive training, like a day only). I m confused abt some stuff if anyone can clear it:-

1. A CMR is done once or multiple times depending on patient n it goes thru the whole chart right? When you go thru each drug, do u verify its necessity?

2. The TIPs intervention are kinda follow ups on those CMR patients for problems on individual drugs with adherence or tolerance problems?

3. I have a TIPS pending which is about zaleplon. What do I tell about it to the patients?

The ones i did were all adherence n that wasnt a problem.

Members don't see this ad.

1. A CMR is done once or multiple times depending on patient n it goes thru the whole chart right? When you go thru each drug, do u verify its necessity?
You do CMR only when it is available for that patient. Yes, you go through the whole chart. For the drugs you verify name, strength, directions, purpose.

2. The TIPs intervention are kinda follow ups on those CMR patients for problems on individual drugs with adherence or tolerance problems?
TIPs can be for adherence/compliance, side effects, etc.

3. I have a TIPS pending which is about zaleplon. What do I tell about it to the patients?
If it is pending, then someone before you were working on it. It should tell you what action(s) that person took for that TIP. You don't have to tell the patient anything, but you can check with them if their doctor talked to them or checked up with them with Zaleplon.

Reactions: 1 user