Multiple poster presentations in ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cards21aceking

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Stupid question, but I've presented my research poster at 3 different conferences and I'm wondering how to include that in ERAS? Is it as simple as just listing it three times?

One is less 'reputable' (med student poster day) than the others (national conferences), but I won awards at all 3, so I'd like to include them. Any thoughts?

It's easier on the CV where i just list the poster title and the places I presented it on one line. thx!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

Stupid question, but I've presented my research poster at 3 different conferences and I'm wondering how to include that in ERAS? Is it as simple as just listing it three times?

One is less 'reputable' (med student poster day) than the others (national conferences), but I won awards at all 3, so I'd like to include them. Any thoughts?

It's easier on the CV where i just list the poster title and the places I presented it on one line. thx!

I had a similar situation. I had two different posters that had been presented at our campus research day as well as one national and one international meeting. I just listed them all separately. Honestly, the impact this will have on your app is so minimal that if you feel like it's fluffery I'd just include the national meetings.

Follow-up question to this.

If you had a poster that was presented at a national meeting and, as part of the application process to present this poster, you had to submit an abstract, does this count as a publication (it was printed in the booklet for the national meeting).

Follow-up question to this.

If you had a poster that was presented at a national meeting and, as part of the application process to present this poster, you had to submit an abstract, does this count as a publication (it was printed in the booklet for the national meeting).

It counts as a poster, I would think. If of all the posters they decide to publish a few of them in the specialty's national journal (and yours was selected), then it would count as an abstract publication.

It counts as a poster, I would think. If of all the posters they decide to publish a few of them in the specialty's national journal (and yours was selected), then it would count as an abstract publication.
I am having similar question about this.
For my poster presentation, you had to submit an abstract and get accepted to be one of the presenters.
I have found the abstract on the journals website. It appears to have been published. But it appears they published all the abstracts that presented, so would you count this as publication? They did not select to "publish a few of them from all the posters" as you had mentioned, but seems the selection process for publication was made PRIOR to presentations, no?

The abstract was accepted by AHA for their QCOR meeting, and then published in one of their Circulation Journals if that clarifies anything. Thank you sir.

Last edited:
I am having similar question about this.
For my poster presentation, you had to submit an abstract and get accepted to be one of the presenters.
I have found the abstract on the journals website. It appears to have been published. But it appears they published all the abstracts that presented, so would you count this as publication? They did not select to "publish a few of them from all the posters" as you had mentioned, but seems the selection process for publication was made PRIOR to presentations, no?

The abstract was accepted by AHA for their QCOR meeting, and then published in one of their Circulation Journals if that clarifies anything. Thank you sir.

bump to the question above ^

No, no, no, no, no!

It's a poster presentation, not a publication.

Reactions: 1 user