MWU-AZ vs. Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorfan15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to have been offered a seat in both schools; however, I can't decide which school I should go to. Does anyone have any advice or pro/cons for either school? I'm from Florida.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am fortunate enough to have been offered a seat in both schools; however, I can't decide which school I should go to. Does anyone have any advice or pro/cons for either school? I'm from Florida and Nova is cheaper by ~$50,000 (for the total 4 years).
The deadline to actually pick a school was a while back, was it not?

The deadline to actually pick a school was a while back, was it not?

I had paid my deposit for MWU in January but I was taken off the Nova waitlist 2 days ago so I'm trying to decide which to accept

Members don't see this ad :)
MWU!! I am a D2 here and I love it! The price is a concern but I am so glad I chose MWU over my state school.

The assist one day, practice the next would scare me off from MWU.

The price is a concern but I am so glad I chose MWU over my state school.
ye8fth

id choose nova because im also from florida and would rather stay near family. also illinois is cold and us floridians are not about that life

Reactions: 1 user
id choose nova because im also from florida and would rather stay near family. also illinois is cold and us floridians are not about that life

OP has a seat at MWU-AZ, not Il. Are you Floridians about that scorching Arizona desert life?

The assist one day, practice the next would scare me off from MWU.

That's not really how it is. I understand from the outside looking in, it may appear that way. But there is a massive amount of dentistry going on and plenty to go around. The efficiency of being paired up allows us to not only see more, but do more.

I was accepted to both and chose MWU-AZ. It's a great program and you will see and do more than in the majority of most other schools. All the technology is state of the art and you have more than enough access to patients. As for being away from family, if you think you can handle it than I say look at it as an adventure. In my 3rd year I placed implants, extracted about 40 teeth and seated 25 crowns. If you have questions PM me.